Platinum Review?

MF_2MOK

I have questions for the people who have this plat: 

How hard is this plat?

How much time did it take for you and how much energy did you put into it?

Was it worth it?

Thanks. I'm questioning whether this is worthy enough for my first plat on this account. (This is my Completionist account, my main account is GJ4E-)

I have questions for the people who have this plat: 

How hard is this plat?

How much time did it take for you and how much energy did you put into it?

Was it worth it?

Thanks. I'm questioning whether this is worthy enough for my first plat on this account. (This is my Completionist account, my main account is GJ4E-)

I don't have the platinum but it is around 80 hours or more. Also a minimum of 8 playthroughs. I would say it is worthy. The better question is do you want to go through all of that.

Difficulty: I'd say 6/10. the only difficult part of the platinum is getting the Big Boss emblem, Everything else with the plat is just a grind for the emblems

Time: It took me probably around 70 hours I'd say. 1 of the 8 playthroughs need 35 hours, the other 7 can take less than 5 hours to complete 

Was it worth it?: I'd say no. The Game is great but doing 8 playthroughs of the game is not fun at all, especially when 6 of them are just getting different amounts of kills, alerts and continues

• Like 4

Difficulty: I'd say 6/10. the only difficult part of the platinum is getting the Big Boss emblem, Everything else with the plat is just a grind for the emblems

Time: It took me probably around 70 hours I'd say. 1 of the 8 playthroughs need 35 hours, the other 7 can take less than 5 hours to complete 

Was it worth it?: I'd say no. The Game is great but doing 8 playthroughs of the game is not fun at all, especially when 6 of them are just getting different amounts of kills, alerts and continues

Thank you for your opinion and information. I'm considering it to be a worthy first plat, since i'm only a casual gamer. If I ever go for plat, then the game must be very special.

Personal question: How did you customize your quote above your avatar? It goes really well with the picture haha! Big Boss ftw  :yay:

Thank you for your opinion and information. I'm considering it to be a worthy first plat, since i'm only a casual gamer. If I ever go for plat, then the game must be very special.

Personal question: How did you customize your quote above your avatar? It goes really well with the picture haha! Big Boss ftw  :yay:

I think you need a certain amount of forum posts before you can change your member title ( the quote that's above my avatar)

iirc it might be 50 posts but don't quote me on that number

MGS4 platinum is time consuming because of all the emblems you need to get. A total of 8th playthroughs if I'm correct.

The hardest part in getting the big boss emblem mainly for the bike chase and Crying Wolf fight.

Platium diffiulty is a 6/10 in my opinion.

Edited by Aexuz

the #1 HARDEST/TEDIOUS TROPHY IS the Sounds of the Battlefield

those damn ipod tracks are bullshit to recover 

the #2 TEDIOUS TROPHY IS the Infinite ammo/Stealth Camouflage/Flashback Mania

Have to play over and over again in one up difficulty, the most difficult mode for this game is no joke

everything else is one time play get, upon guarantee you carried out everything right for the one time game play strategy to work (i.e. knowing all the requirements for the other trophies and doing all of them in one play through)

If you cant get these trophies, find a gamesave and load those up (i.e. Xploder or 'forums') and you'll get them

Edited by Idonteatfood

Approx. 80 hours and difficulty would be 7/10; the Big Boss Emblem is annoying because of some key parts, but thankfully unlimited saves means you can just trial-and-error your way through.  It's mostly a test of patience more than anything.

MGS4 is a fantastic game but whoever came up with the trophy list must not have realized how tedious Flashback Mania and Sounds of the Battlefield were.  It was hard finding the will to do them because both are easy to miss and neither are particularly fun.