Big Boss Emblem Questions?

MF_2MOK

Hi i'm going to start a Big Boss run and I have two questions I need answered before I do it.. Anything helps, thanks!

1. Does iPod and syringe count as a Recovery item used? 

2. Am I still able to purchase things from Drebin? 

i did a search and it said iPod healing musics doesn't count as healing. only foods and drinks will. the syringe is needed though, also it's helpful in the screaming mantis fight as injecting meryl with it to prevent screaming mantis to control her around for a short time.

and as far as i know, yes you can still purchase stuff from Drebin, though other than getting the MK22  he will only gonna sell you lethal weapons and ammo.

if you happen and unlock the solar gun before, you can use that weapon, it's 100% non-lethal and it's the best way in big boss emblem run to get non-lethal ammo to drop from the enemies. it doesn't count toward special items too. 

• Like 1

i did a search and it said iPod healing musics doesn't count as healing. only foods and drinks will. the syringe is needed though, also it's helpful in the screaming mantis fight as injecting meryl with it to prevent screaming mantis to control her around for a short time.

and as far as i know, yes you can still purchase stuff from Drebin, though other than getting the MK22  he will only gonna sell you lethal weapons and ammo.

if you happen and unlock the solar gun before, you can use that weapon, it's 100% non-lethal and it's the best way in big boss emblem run to get non-lethal ammo to drop from the enemies. it doesn't count toward special items too. 

Thank you for this very important information! I never knew the Solar Gun was usable, thanks for the tip! 

Just to add to what Yellow said, only things that have a limited number of uses will affect your rank.  Meaning using Muna, the Syringe, etc. won't count towards it.

I followed up with your statement and looked it up.. Sorry but Muna does count as a Recovery item. 

Btw nice trophy card set up :lol:

I followed up with your statement and looked it up.. Sorry but Muna does count as a Recovery item. 

Btw nice trophy card set up :lol:

Lol thanks!  Same to you.  I'm speaking from experience, though, I used the Muna and it did not count as a Recovery Item  You'll see posts saying either way but I promise it isn't -- I think most people make the mistake of having rations equipped which automatically got used when their life hit 0 and they didn't realize it.

If you want a quick way to test it, in Act 1, use the Muna right before the cutscene where you meet Liquid.  See if the Results screen shows it as a Recov Item or not.

Best of luck!

Lol thanks!  Same to you.  I'm speaking from experience, though, I used the Muna and it did not count as a Recovery Item  You'll see posts saying either way but I promise it isn't -- I think most people make the mistake of having rations equipped which automatically got used when their life hit 0 and they didn't realize it.

If you want a quick way to test it, in Act 1, use the Muna right before the cutscene where you meet Liquid.  See if the Results screen shows it as a Recov Item or not.

Best of luck!

Oh yeah you're right! Sorry about that, I was misinformed by a post I saw earlier. I guess I read it wrong or something but I can't seem to find the same post. Thanks again!