Ultimate Armour

Johnno87

Hey there,

Iam training hard right now to fight the Monster Arena and Dark Aeons. But what is the best Armour? I killed Dark Valefor and got a BHPL + Ribbon armour from it, with 2 empty slots.

Im thinking about

BHPL

Ribbon

Auto-Haste

Auto-Phoenix

But sometimes I hear you need Auto-Protect or Auto-Potion. What is the Armour to beat Monster Arena, Dark Aeons and Penance?

Hey there, theres a outstading guide from Precision here in our website, it will help you against those tougher enemies. Since im here i'll provide you some tips, but know that a lot will probably tell you that topics are not necessary, but i'll avoid that, let's go.

The best armor is auto haste( it will help a lot in dark aeons) use always if quick hit

auto phoenix, auto protect the forth you choose between ribbon and auto potion. Avoid auto reflect and auto shell( it weakens and/or prevent you using heal.

This if quick hit you can defeat every single one without Yamato, know that a high level is required.

• Like 2

So...

Lets say...

Auto-Phoenix

Auto-Protect

Auto-Haste

And then the last slot... Auto-Potion or Ribbon?

This is the route I'm going for my armor. I'd say Ribbon over Auto-Potion, as Ribbon is a lot more beneficial than the other one, but a lot harder to obtain too.

Some people play whithout HP break, but I couldnt do that, also you NEED ribbon for anima and some other superbosses.

I found Auto-protect and auto-regen very useful, besides auto-haste and auto-phoenix. I kind of used those 4 abilities between all my characters

Break HP Limit/Ribbon/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix is the way to go if you're looking to beat the Dark Aeons and Penance without using Zanmato.  Here's why:

Break HP Limit -- plus loading up the Sphere Grid for HP -- because the high-end enemies will do well in excess of 9999 damage with their attacks.  If you're intent on maximizing your HP, you can get upwards of 80k while still maintaining 180+ Luck and 255 in every other stat, but 25k-30k is the minimum suggestion.  Being able to take some punches is very useful.... because Auto-Phoenix becomes less valuble against attacks that target multiple characters and because revival throws you well down the ATB grid.

Ribbon grants you immunity to most every status effect.  You'll still get taken out by Instant Death -- e.g. Earth Eater's Megaton Punch -- and you'll have issues with enemies that can inflict Full Break, but you're pretty much set against everything else.  The Dark Aeons and Penance can murder you with status effects if you aren't prepared in advance.

Auto-Haste is pretty much self-explanatory:  Auto-Haste plus Quick Hit equals a lot of damage in a shorter period of time.

Auto-Phoenix is generally useful against hard-hitting bosses who can't target the whole party at once.  So long as you keep Phoenix Downs in your inventory, your characters can revive one another without your having to take extra time out of your routine.

Auto-Regen isn't as useful as one would think.  If you sacrifice Break HP Limit for it, you won't have enough health left for it to really matter against the most difficult bosses.  If you sacrifice Auto-Phoenix for it, you're going to end up taking a lot of time to revive characters and/or cast Auto-Life to deal with it.

Auto-Protect is pretty pointless in my book.  I don't see enough of a benefit to outweigh giving up one of the four suggestions I made above, and if it's that important to you it can always be cast manually.

Break HP Limit / Ribbon / Auto Haste / HP + 30% was the sweet spot for me when I played the PS2 version many years ago.

Why HP +30%? Because I loved to see all my maxed out characters with 99.999 HP, 999 MP, and all stats to 255 (except Evade and Accuracy because Luck made up for them)..

Nines everywhere on the menu screen.  :lol:

Edited by RainyDusk

Thanx for all the help. I think I will make 2 armours for al characters. One with and without BHPL. I hope some DA wil drop Ribbon with 3 empty slot armour. :)

Your best bet would be to try and farm Dark Yojimbo for him, by repeatedly going to the back of the Cavern of the Hidden Fayth and fighting him once before exiting and re-entering.  While the RNG is still going to be against you, your odds of finding four-slot armor with Ribbon and Break HP limit (or just one of them) is greater for Dark Yojimbo than any other Dark Aeon.... and the specifics of how you have to defeat DY (five consecutive fights without saving or leaving the cavern) allow you to farm him for equipment and Dark Matter.

i have calculated almost everything of the ultimate team (this means everything what belong with it too). i calculated ultimate team (party members), ultimate sphere grids, ultimate weapons and ultimate armor. i only didn't calculate ultimate overdrive mode yet.

so the ultimate armor is actually a bit different depending of which monster you fight but if you look at everything the real ultimate armor is: break hp limit, ribbon, auto haste and auto phoenix except for yuna, yuna need auto protect (because she is the best character.)

first... I would like to say congrats for being lucky... BHPL + Ribbon + 2 empty slots? lucky bastard :P

hmmmm.... best armor I used for Dark Aeons are:

-Auto-Protect - even though some says it's somehow useless and can be manually casts... if you died and just been revived via Auto-Phoenix, you will still be screwed since the enemy might hit the newly revived character without protect status... A must have for me

-Auto-Haste - no brainer... no need to explain this one IMO

-Auto-Phoenix - another no brainer...

-RIbbon or at least StoneProof - since I am not as lucky as you... I could only produce 1 armor with ribbon... for other 2: Stoneproof just for D. Bahamut and D. Yojimbo...

that makes me survive All Dark Aeon battles and Nemesis... yes I didn't have BHPL and I survived all battles... and nope... no Zanmato

Penance is different case though... made different armor for my 3 members:

-Auto-Haste

-Auto-Protect

-Auto-Potion + combined with Rikku's Trio of 9999  = instant heal

-Def +20%

You can probably get by the Dark Aeons without needing Ribbon on your armor.... although if you're going to go that route, I'd suggest figuring out which status effects each Aeon inflicts and tailor armor to mitigate the worst of that.  For example, Dark Yojimbo's "Daigoro" attack will inflict Stone (and dispel things like Auto-Life) when it hits and will shatter the target if his/her HP drops to 0 as part of the attack.

When I was going through Dark Aeons/Penance, I used materials from unlocking everything at the Arena to put together one Ribbon/BHPL/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix armor (for Wakka) and then spent hours farming Dark Yojimbo until he dropped 4-slot armors with BHPL/Ribbon/empty/empty for the other two and customised the other two abilities into that.  Only then did I go after the Dark Aeons (and Penance) and the only thing I really had to worry about was Full Break.

Is this needed when your stats for Defence are 255? If Penance do not use status effects, is Auto-Phoenix not a more safe and better option?

You need Ribbon for the first form of Penance -- Obliteration inflicts every single status effect that Ribbon protects against.  Also, Penance inflicts huge amounts of damage in his second form to the point that extra defense probably isn't going to help you.  When you're capable of being hit for 25,000-99,999 even at 255 defense, there's very little you can do in the first place.  A better bet would be to pump your HP up to an excessive number and hope to survive hits and to combine that with Auto-Phoenix so your party will revive each other because the second form (body) doesn't have multi-target attacks.

You need Ribbon for the first form of Penance -- Obliteration inflicts every single status effect that Ribbon protects against. Also, Penance inflicts huge amounts of damage in his second form to the point that extra defense probably isn't going to help you. When you're capable of being hit for 25,000-99,999 even at 255 defense, there's very little you can do in the first place. A better bet would be to pump your HP up to an excessive number and hope to survive hits and to combine that with Auto-Phoenix so your party will revive each other because the second form (body) doesn't have multi-target attacks.

Thanx a lot. I made a armour Ribbon/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/Auto-Protect for Tidus. I will train to upcoming days and hope I will be strong enough soon to farm Dark Yojimbo. I will make everybody a BHPL and a No BHPL armour. I think 2x Auto-Phoenix is enough for the main battle party. The other one I will put Auto-Protect on.

sorry for late responses:

Is this needed when your stats for Defence are 255? If Penance do not use status effects, is Auto-Phoenix not a more safe and better option?

yes... it is.... i prefer def+20% than Auto-phoenix in this one... since if you got killed, and just got revived... revived character has less turns than characters that survived a hit...

also with Auto-Protect + Def+20% + Ultra Nul All Mix... you can survive Obliteration and Immolation (assuming character that was hit by immolation's breaks were dispelled)

combined with Auto-Potion + Trio of 9999 mix... your party is almost invincible ^_^

You need Ribbon for the first form of Penance -- Obliteration inflicts every single status effect that Ribbon protects against.  Also, Penance inflicts huge amounts of damage in his second form to the point that extra defense probably isn't going to help you.  When you're capable of being hit for 25,000-99,999 even at 255 defense, there's very little you can do in the first place.  A better bet would be to pump your HP up to an excessive number and hope to survive hits and to combine that with Auto-Phoenix so your party will revive each other because the second form (body) doesn't have multi-target attacks.

source? Obliteration is Physical attack that inflicts Slow.... which is useless since you have Auto-haste... Immolation inflicts breaks that Ribbon cannot protect you with... so Ribbon is useless for this battle.

for details, you may check this page for great strategy:  http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Penance_(Final_Fantasy_X)

Edited by jeieem

I have Ribbon/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/BHPL on Tidus and Yuna, then I have Auto-Protect/Auto-Haste/Auto-Phoenix/BHPL on everyone else, with maxed stats, sans Accuracy, on everyone except for Auron. Nothing gives me trouble with those, and the items needed for them are relatively easy to farm.

source? Obliteration is Physical attack that inflicts Slow.... which is useless since you have Auto-haste... Immolation inflicts breaks that Ribbon cannot protect you with... so Ribbon is useless for this battle.

My source for FFX and Penance is this:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/37002  It's the FAQ I used to walk through any problems I had with the Dark Aeons.

My source for FFX and Penance is this:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/37002  It's the FAQ I used to walk through any problems I had with the Dark Aeons.

wonder where his/her source:

wikia and A.Steve's faq says different: 

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Penance_(Final_Fantasy_X)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18197

even the boards there don't have recommendation to have Ribbon in Penance battle:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/69721930

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/69479877

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/69608077

just forgive the trolls...