The most overrated game/series?

StrickenBiged

19 hours ago, SKhesraw said:

For me it's the whole Uncharted series. I like the games, but sometimes the appreciation is a bit too much for what it is in my opinion.

I can see how you'd think they're overrated. I was blown away by the demo for the first game when it was released on the ancient PS Store back in 2007 (I think?) and was a dedicated fan thereafter but if I was someone who came "late" to the series, like Uncharted 3 or 4, I probably would have wondered what all the fuss is about too

Red Dead Redemption probably tops the list for me. I barely finished that game. It felt almost like the game played itself most of the time. I guess it had a good story. Honestly, I don't remember most of it.

More recently, Control climbs the list. Control is plagued with bugs and lackluster, uhh, control. The story is all over the place. I get that people want an independent game to elbow in with the big boys. I do, too. But this isn't the game. Despite downloading the free DLC from the recent PS+ offering, I still haven't been able to force myself to play it again.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:51 AM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Says Souls games are overrated, hasn't completed a single one on their account. 2 trophies unlocked for Skyrim, hard to please ey?

Call of Duty, specifically zombies. It is a shadow of what it once was, riddled with MTX mechanics and easter egg fetch quests which make no sense. Every zombies/multiplayer game is just a reskin of the previous title.

Don't judge me bruh ??

Anything that's popular because I'm cool

Really though Red Dead is bollocks however I didn't mind the OG Xbox game Red Dead Revolver though that's specifically based on when it was released and the Hype that GTA created for Rockstar. We had GTA, Red dead revolver, Manhunt and Bully back then.

Damn, lots of hate on this thread. I'm going to go with Smash Bros. 

But what constitutes overrated? Is it the over hype of a series? The massive sales a game makes? Or a certain annoying fan base? 

Either way, I say meh. Smash was the first thing that came to mind.

Edit: @JourneySilvers hahaha damn, great minds think alike (apparently at the same time).

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Perfect timing
  • Like 1

Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I don't understand the people who shit all over Ubisoft's open-world repetitive grind fests and then turn around and claim this is the greatest game of all time.

The facial animations are bad, the story wasn't compelling, the game was packed full of collectibles, the crafting system wasn't interesting, the human enemies were beyond boring. The robotic dinosaurs are pretty cool, and it isn't bad, but I also don't think it's amazing either. The graphics aren't above something like Uncharted 4, or other games that have come out since (God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us Part II or Ghost of Tsushima.

1 hour ago, Archequalis said:

COD and Fortnite

I was gonna say Halo too but honestly you don't seem to hear about  it as much these days. Then again, MS's milking level is not quite on par with Activision's and what they've with COD.

How's Fortnite overrated?

Undoubtedly the Fallout Series.  Hell even Elder Scrolls.

The world's are bland, the game play boring, sluggish and buggy.  Uninteresting characters, akward animations.  Just all of it.  I was crappin on Bethesda back during the FO3 days, before it was cool.

Also, GTA V.  It isn't even the best GTA game... and don't even get me started with the trash ass online.  I don't understand why people are still buying and putting $ into GTA Online  

Edited by NxtDoc
Add info
  • Like 1

Life is strange ?, a netflix series cliche, don't know what people like about that , Fallout, i tried with fallout 3 on ps3 but it doesn't got me i just like the dark setting but i can't, Wolfenstein, it's ultra generic and characters doesn't have soul,  all bioware games are bad for me , ugly design of characters and world, bad gameplay, bad stories...

It's funny we have different tastes, Some honest thoughts and some "I'm so cool" thoughts. Ok so let's bash Nintendo, Pretty much anything Mario or Zelda including Smash series are a complete waste of money.  Why? Well the games are better in Emulation, I have a nice PC which will play SMT 5  if it ever comes out fine. C'mon, tell me you hate SMT. Honestly imo overrated Hardware and software there is one clear winner by a huge margin.

With that said I love the 3ds, NGC and SFC/SNES, Not so much N64 except Mario 64 changed gaming. But now, Same shit different hardware. Overrated game series, It's you Mario and Zelda.

Edited by Z1MZUM