Remix Bosses

Frebarkis

Holy S***!!! I thought the 15 death trophy would be the hardest (and it still might be), but the remix bosses are really freakin hard.

I watched some strategy videos on YouTube but I still can barely get them to half health. I did manage to beat the dungeon remix boss but the others are just brutal.

If anyone has any good tips for them, let me know.

alexander: its better to get hit by the spikes then by the boss so if he gets close enough just dash into the wall or other monsters !

asteriod guy : kill the red one first

brothers (last boss remix): as soon as it starts dash left as fast as possible and start hitting the dude, he should get stuck there for like 3-4 hits then he jumps out and hits you, if you do this correctly the other one wont attack you as long as you dont go right and you'll fight them 1v1 instead of 1v2. really easy fight like this.

and btw... that 15 death trophy? its a nightmare :( the slightest mistake could cost you the run and NG+ doesnt count otherwise i'd have already gotten it with my lvl500 account :D... you have to create a whole new profile to get it on :(

Edited by FixeRNK

Just beat Alexander IV, got him on bottom right hand side of the map then jumped over him as he came at me causing him to circle around and launch his fireballs, most of the time I could stand close enough to get a decent amount of attacks in before he moves.

Tried teleporting but almost always one of his minions would be right there..

OP here...I've managed to beat 3 of them, and now I'm about 150 attempts in against Alexander IV.  I've platinumed Demon's Souls and both Dark Souls, but beating Alexander IV will probably be the pinnacle of my gaming career.  I'll put it on my resume.

• Like 2

Weird. I had more trouble with Ponce de Freon than any of the other ones, because that's the only one you have no abuse-able skills, no way to get back health or mana, and you do shit damage.

On Alexander, you really just have to use the Hokage ability to switch sides once one is full of the little skulls. They don't pursue you once you're a certain distance away, only Alexander will. Then once he's at about half health, just stand on the spikes and mash until he dies. As mentioned earlier, you take less damage from spikes than anything else, so it's easily abuse-able to just jump into the wall and take the hit.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

Weird. I had more trouble with Ponce de Freon than any of the other ones, because that's the only one you have no abuse-able skills, no way to get back health or mana, and you do shit damage.

On Alexander, you really just have to use the Hokage ability to switch sides once one is full of the little skulls. They don't pursue you once you're a certain distance away, only Alexander will. Then once he's at about half health, just stand on the spikes and mash until he dies. As mentioned earlier, you take less damage from spikes than anything else, so it's easily abuse-able to just jump into the wall and take the hit.

I agree that Ponce gave me the most trouble.

Khidr: Once you learn the patterns, this is simply a matter of dodge and hit when you can.  I say simply with a smirk, because nothing about this fight is simple lol.

Alexander: I accidentally got him alone without any of his fury's.  I am not sure how, but from then on the fight was a cakewalk.

Ponce: I found that if you take your time and get him to do at least two circles on each bottom corner, and then delay him as much as you can on the top, you can keep cycling the room because the fireballs left behind will be gone when you get there.  Then it was just a matter of living long enough to whittle away his massive hp.

Blobs: Kill the red one first, and then the green one is easy.  Just take a few tries, and try to kill one split at a time to avoid having too many little ones flying at you.

Brohannes:  Get both of them on one side, and then try to counter attack rather than go on the offensive.  It will take much longer, but with hypergonadism, you knock them back, and you should be safe.  It is easiest to counter when they jump for an ax attack.  Also, do not forget your multi-dagger spell.  You can spam it near the beginning to get the most damage out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a really cheap way for remixd Brohannes. As soon as you enter the room, go to the right side and hope that only one of them (the one on the right) comes for you, if not - restart the boss, eventually the one on the left will stay on the left side as long as you don't go there. Once that is done lure the right one to the wall and start hitting him. He will start jumping off of the wall so keep a short distance between him and the wall and keep hitting him, he will be "locked" in one place and he will never be able to reach the ground or counter you. It's pretty hard to explain without a picture or something. I've done this twice actually, luring them both to the wall at one point. This one was the easiest of them all.

The 15 deaths trophy took me 7-8 tries, all of which lasted about 3-4 hours each, so yeah, I've invested more time into this game than I imagined.

I found a really cheap way for remixd Brohannes. As soon as you enter the room, go to the right side and hope that only one of them (the one on the right) comes for you, if not - restart the boss, eventually the one on the left will stay on the left side as long as you don't go there. Once that is done lure the right one to the wall and start hitting him. He will start jumping off of the wall so keep a short distance between him and the wall and keep hitting him, he will be "locked" in one place and he will never be able to reach the ground or counter you. It's pretty hard to explain without a picture or something. I've done this twice actually, luring them both to the wall at one point. This one was the easiest of them all.

I did something similar, but I used the blade wall to keep him trapped there.

• 3 weeks later...

The 15 deaths trophy took me 7-8 tries, all of which lasted about 3-4 hours each, so yeah, I've invested more time into this game than I imagined.

I did it the same way. I had to laugh hard once i realized how cheap this way is, you have to get used to the timing though. I also recorded it.

Edited by Isegrim-Der-Wolf
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I think that remix bosses are probably one of the hardest things I ever played, and I played a lot of hard games in my life.

Probably only Challenge 6 from Vanquish and Catherine Bable Tower were harder for me.

And I'm talking of course of games where You need skill, not overpowered character which insta kills everything after 500h of gameplay.

The problem is, that there is no room for mistake. If boss or something else will even touch Your pixel, than it hits You.

You have life for like 4/5 hits from the boss, and You have to hit like 100 hundred times + avoiding addons/obstacles all the time.

Mobility is the key with those bosses and if You have problem with fast paced fight, than You are screwed.

I think Neo Khidr is the hardest one, as on Alexander You can use glitch + Brothers also have this glitch (stated above).

On Neo Khidr You need to lern perfect route for any pattern, and the pattern is random, You never know what will happen next.

Ponce de Freon is also hard but slower paced than Neo Khidr. You just need to make few runs and the lower level, and then run up above and comeback to the lower level and do the same thing over and over again.

Astronauts are the easiest one in my opinion. Most of the time it's just spamming with projectiles and thats all.

Alexander IV is really hard without a glitch, almost impossible. You need to use spikes instead being hit by a skull.

• Like 1

Neo Khidr is the easiest of the Remix Bosses in my opinion because it's almost entirely a case of Pattern Recognition and not nearly as much luck as some of the others.  Once you internalize his limited moveset and how to react to each of his (four) moves, he's pretty straightforward.

Alexander IV is the biggest pain in the rear.  A fair amount of randomness to deal with, plus all the annoying damage twinks.

Ponce De Freon will test your ability to maneuver in tight spaces and fight almost entirely in mid-air.  There's far less luck than Alexander IV, but far more necessary skill than Neo Khidr.

Astrodotus doesn't even feel like you're playing Rogue Legacy.  So I won't really compare him here.

The Brohannes can be cheesed a little bit.  I didn't find them very hard because fighting them actually feels like fighting a regular Rogue Legacy bunch of enemies for the most part, and the time it took me to whomp them reflects that (only a few hours after I finally knocked off Ponce, with a substantial "play no video games" break in between).

• Like 1

I disagree with you entirely acasser. You say Ponce tests your ability to maneuver in tight spaces? That's Neo Khidr. But Neo Khidr goes too far with it. There's not enough space to dodge things in that fight, there is in every other fight. Plus there are situations where you cannot even avoid damage at all. It happens when he does that attack where he forces you to go around him. If that attack ends at the bottom right and forced you across him it'll be impossible to dodge. A game should never put you in a position where you cannot avoid damage.

Neo Khidr doesn't chase you.  He doesn't leave balls of fire around the field that you have to dodge around and/or use the Barbarian Shout to eliminate.  And Neo Khidr's battlefield has significantly more in the way of platforms to help you maneuver.  There are more projectiles, but there are a small number of patterns to memorize and for you to learn how to dodge.

Ponce de Freon will chase you around the map.  Like his "normal" predecessor, you'll have balls of fire lingering on the field, and they linger for an incredibly long time.... if you rush around the map, you'll run out of space long before those fires start to dissipate.

If that attack ends at the bottom right and forced you across him it'll be impossible to dodge. A game should never put you in a position where you cannot avoid damage.

None of his attacks are impossible to dodge.  There are attack patterns of his that can be very difficult if you're parked in the wrong spot in the first place, and you can take a lot of damage in a hurry if you don't pay attention and/or try to attack when you should be running.... but that's really it.  You're given enough jumps and dashes to dodge everything, but you just have to time it in the first place.  The trickiest part -- in my opinion -- was having to quickly discern his "spiral pinwheel" attacks so I knew which way I wanted to dodge.  Otherwise, the easiest strategy for me was to remain on the bottom of the screen because that made it easy to run and dodge as necessary without much risk.

Neo Khidr is pattern recognition without very many patterns to recognize.

I disagree with you entirely acasser. You say Ponce tests your ability to maneuver in tight spaces? That's Neo Khidr. But Neo Khidr goes too far with it. There's not enough space to dodge things in that fight, there is in every other fight. Plus there are situations where you cannot even avoid damage at all. It happens when he does that attack where he forces you to go around him. If that attack ends at the bottom right and forced you across him it'll be impossible to dodge. A game should never put you in a position where you cannot avoid damage.

You're jumping over him too early. All his stuff is dodgeable.

How do you open the remix boss doors ? 

I beat remix eyeball ( absolute worst so far )

Alexander 4, on like the 5th try, wasnt as hard as people said.

but the door to maya and land of darkness is closed, how do I get them open 

Edit : Ok so spirit shrines, Im level 100 and ive gotten maybe 3 all game . Just killed my character 5-6 times after not having any in the whole map

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

• 2 weeks later...

Remix Bosses are the same regardless of when you fight them.  They will always be exactly the same, and you will always be given a specific pre-generated character with which to fight one.

The Remix Bosses are completely independent of the main game.  So much so that you'll just get kicked outside said Boss' room if/when it defeats you without any other negative repercussions.

Jesus christ.. I'm so tired of this game.

I SUCK at remix bosses, especially Ponce de Freon. I know what to do and yet I can't. I'm too busy evading his "poop" to even find time to attack.

Bah! Lets try some more, I guess...

I'm one of those people who doesn't really play platformers or "bullet hell" sorts of games.  It took me a LOT of practice to get to the point where I was good enough to beat those guys.  I often "practiced" for 30-60 minutes a day, and it still took me two months (and some luck) for Alexander IV and another month past that for Ponce de Freon.

My advice would be thus:  First, find some videos on YouTube and watch them to see how others have done it.  Secondly, practice and keep practicing for a while.... but feel free to walk away from the game for a little bit when it gets tedious and aggravating -- muscle memory and internalization of a Boss' tendencies will gradually improve how you do against them.

It's an immense challenge, and that's probably why such a small percentage of Rogue Legacy's players have ever gotten those trophies.

Jesus christ.. I'm so tired of this game.

I SUCK at remix bosses, especially Ponce de Freon. I know what to do and yet I can't. I'm too busy evading his "poop" to even find time to attack.

Bah! Lets try some more, I guess...

Just run around the area in a circle, at the start go left, and whenever hes about to hit you just jump all the way on top, go on the right , then drop all the way down, rinse repeat, you can do this 2-3 times before needing to use your triangle button, which you should try to use in the middle of the screen if u can.

Always try to hit him while your moving backwards, press square and as your character attacks tap the left directional button, this way you can attack and move at the same time.

If your not good at doing that it's ok just attack when you can, when he stops he's gonna dash, let him dash, do 2 melee hits, then walk away.

This is basically the pattern, you can litterally stay in the fight forever if you do it right. Just take your time if you have to