what difficulty that you hated alot?

albert2wesker

I thought for a while that Hardcore on DS2, was very punishing...but then i came to the realization that that style of game play is where I grew up, NES games, where you have 3 lives to beat the game, in this case 3 saves...I loved every minute of it, every single turn could have been my last if i wasnt careful. 

• Like 1

I thought for a while that Hardcore on DS2, was very punishing...but then i came to the realization that that style of game play is where I grew up, NES games, where you have 3 lives to beat the game, in this case 3 saves...I loved every minute of it, every single turn could have been my last if i wasnt careful. 

i didn't play dead space 2 yet so i don't know how is the hardcore but in dead space 3 there is no save point so if you died you well restart the game from the prolouge 

• 1 month later...

Spark I could've sworn from the copious amount of time I've played DS3 that is saves practically immediately upon death in hardcore.  I don't think it's as simple as your saying, but hey I could be wrong.  I would've probably done that on a few of my HC deaths.  I beat Hardcore via co op legit in ds3 on my previous account silkyjay9.  Right up there on my most proud accomplishments.  And Leo I got to be honest.  Apples to Oranges I'm thinking here even though I disagree.  I look at it like this... just because a "majority" of the top baseball players in recent history, more notably the 90's, all juiced to get an advantage, and *exploit* a loop hole that wasn't necessarily shut does NOT mean it is ok.  But if it's ok with you I guess that's all that matters....  Right Clemens...?   : P                     Dead Space 2's hc is in a league of it's own.  I stand by it being a glitch, a cheat, and not a method the game makers had in mind for you to beat the game.     Again I love to see the rarity for people that had the gutz to play the game LEGIT.     EDIT:  on both games!

Edited by SilkyJay86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Most people cheat the HC mode and use the usb back up method.  I'd love to see the right % for people who've beat it legit. 

Spark I could've sworn from the copious amount of time I've played DS3 that is saves practically immediately upon death in hardcore.  I don't think it's as simple as your saying, but hey I could be wrong.  I would've probably done that on a few of my HC deaths.  I beat Hardcore via co op legit in ds3 on my previous account silkyjay9.  Right up there on my most proud accomplishments.  And Leo I got to be honest.  Apples to Oranges I'm thinking here even though I disagree.  I look at it like this... just because a "majority" of the top baseball players in recent history, more notably the 90's, all juiced to get an advantage, and *exploit* a loop hole that wasn't necessarily shut does NOT mean it is ok.  But if it's ok with you I guess that's all that matters....  Right Clemens...?   : P                     Dead Space 2's hc is in a league of it's own.  I stand by it being a glitch, a cheat, and not a method the game makers had in mind for you to beat the game.     Again I love to see the rarity for people that had the gutz to play the game LEGIT.     EDIT:  on both games!

actually the first place i herd of the exploit was from the developers q&a about the game and its various difficulties so i think they left it in there so the gamers who just cant do it or are to lazy to have an out keep in mind in the last few years actualy lst 10 or more years games have gone from requiring skill and ingenuity to hand holding and linear so the "casual" gamer dosnt feel left out most 2 yr olds can play and beat most games these days lol and the games that refuse to hold ur hand and offer mor turns than a drunk circle in a maze people complain they get lost or its haaaaard etc

actually the first place i herd of the exploit was from the developers q&a about the game and its various difficulties so i think they left it in there so the gamers who just cant do it or are to lazy to have an out keep in mind in the last few years actualy lst 10 or more years games have gone from requiring skill and ingenuity to hand holding and linear so the "casual" gamer dosnt feel left out most 2 yr olds can play and beat most games these days lol and the games that refuse to hold ur hand and offer mor turns than a drunk circle in a maze people complain they get lost or its haaaaard etc

I think I caught most of that.  Who know really.  The q and a could've been addressing the glitch and other matters possibility I assume.... as it was brought to there attention or anything of that sort.  Really, it doesn't matter to me now.  I really wish this exploit, glitch, shitting on the mode, would've never existed, but sadly it did.  They probably did "leave" it in there.  Many games/devs do this as a lazy matter and also like I think you were saying they left it for whoever would go through that trouble in such a great game.  It was a weird cheat in that you really had to know what to do, so it wasn't a huge game breaking glitch.  They left it, and people that A. couldn't beat the mode B. So concerned with the finish line C people want everything to be done the easy way or D. People that are just simply pussies and don't want to experience the game the way it was suppose to could cheat.  

You don't enter exploits into GTA, they're cheats.  So plugging in 40 nodes when the game doesn't support it isn't just an exploit.  You have cheated the Dead Space 2 Hardcore Test.  Hand in your paper, please. 

Edited by SilkyJay86

I think I caught most of that.  Who know really.  The q and a could've been addressing the glitch and other matters possibility I assume.... as it was brought to there attention or anything of that sort.  Really, it doesn't matter to me now.  I really wish this exploit, glitch, shitting on the mode, would've never existed, but sadly it did.  They probably did "leave" it in there.  Many games/devs do this as a lazy matter and also like I think you were saying they left it for whoever would go through that trouble in such a great game.  It was a weird cheat in that you really had to know what to do, so it wasn't a huge game breaking glitch.  They left it, and people that A. couldn't beat the mode B. So concerned with the finish line C people want everything to be done the easy way or D. People that are just simply pussies and don't want to experience the game the way it was suppose to could cheat.  

You don't enter exploits into GTA, they're cheats.  So plugging in 40 nodes when the game doesn't support it isn't just an exploit.  You have cheated the Dead Space 2 Hardcore Test.  Hand in your paper, please. 

nah the q and a was before the game even released kind of like a here is the features and such for this awesome new game ur free to ask us what u want we will answer etc

and cheats in this day and age and exploits arnt realy cheating anymore there just an easy way out or a fun distraction i mean to cheat on something infers u are doing something to get a result without any hard work and agenst some kind of rules when the game makers put it in there to be used its no longer cheating or exploiting

for example u go in for a test or exam and ur teacher gives everyone an answer sheet and says take ur test is it cheating because the one who wrote the test gave u all the answers? no its not if he made it open book is this exploiting? no its not its just open book

now if u went in u gt ur test and u had the answers written on ur palm andif u get cought u fail  thats cheating

• Like 1

and cheats in this day and age and exploits arnt realy cheating anymore there just an easy way out or a fun distraction i mean to cheat on something infers u are doing something to get a result without any hard work and agenst some kind of rules when the game makers put it in there to be used its no longer cheating or exploiting

You're example with the teach is good but doesn't cover most aspects of what we're trying to talk about here.   It doesn't play here.  I understand that point, and I believe you when you say that the dev's left that in there on purpose.  The mode/game didn't come with a handout from the dev's saying here's your piece of paper with all the info you need.  YOU had to go out of your way to alter the hardcore mode in that a way that it in all honesty wasn't suppose to be.  The mode is based on strategy and difficulty.  I highly doubt they wanted you to, in your terms exploit.  I Simply don't agree with you.

I quoted you and highlighted somethings some things that are quite interesting/contradictory.

My set of rules is to play the game to how the game is originally meant to be played. altering the gameplay is beyond an exploit.  It's a cheat.  The way you dup the nodes just feels like your cheating.  It takes you out of the the game.  You're doing something the game did NOT have planned for you.  Regardless if it was noted in the pregame conference or not that you can duplicate the most important item in the game.  IF you want to.   You took the easy way out.  You didn't want to work as hard as others.   

Number 2 pencils will not be accepted at the next exam.

Edited by SilkyJay86

You're example with the teach is good but doesn't cover most aspects of what we're trying to talk about here.   It doesn't play here.  I understand that point, and I believe you when you say that the dev's left that in there on purpose.  The mode/game didn't come with a handout from the dev's saying here's your piece of paper with all the info you need.  YOU had to go out of your way to alter the hardcore mode in that a way that it in all honesty wasn't suppose to be.  The mode is based on strategy and difficulty.  I highly doubt they wanted you to, in your terms exploit.  I Simply don't agree with you.

I quoted you and highlighted somethings some things that are quite interesting/contradictory.

My set of rules is to play the game to how the game is originally meant to be played. altering the gameplay is beyond an exploit.  It's a cheat.  The way you dup the nodes just feels like your cheating.  It takes you out of the the game.  You're doing something the game did NOT have planned for you.  Regardless if it was noted in the pregame conference or not that you can duplicate the most important item in the game.  IF you want to.   You took the easy way out.  You didn't want to work as hard as others.   

Number 2 pencils will not be accepted at the next exam.

the part u are quoting and highlighting was not actually refering to dead space it was directed at other games like the ones that have an actual menue that says cheats where u input codes to unlock stuff such as infinit ammo, clothing items , weapon skins, weapons that stuff even tho it says "cheats" it is as i said a teacher handing out a test with the answer sheet it is obvious and deffinitly ment to be there look at red dead it has "cheats" i think gta still has a cheat menu games like the darkness had the pay phones to input "cheat codes" see my point? when theres n actual menu included in the game that clearly says "cheat" then its no longer really a cheat or exploit is it? now like u said tripping out the power nodes in dead space by flipping ur game off or dropping stuff causing it to dupe thats deffinity exploiting i think it was deadspace 1 tht had the credit glitch where at certain ares if u drop it it doubled but yea u mis understood what i was meaning its cool 

and about the hardcore save trick its common sense that u could just back up ur save people have or atleast shouda been doing this since gaming was invented id have hated to be playing final fantasy 6 and lost everything cause i forgot to save lol talk about epic fails and since the time of memory cards and cloud saving i think most people back up there saves periodically its just good gaming so if the devs hadnt already shouted it out to the public someone woulda figured it out probably there first time ding it if there compulsive back up savers lol

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I thought Classic Mode was the most frustrating mainly because the classic weapons you are limited to building really don't pack much of a punch. Plus, you can't modify or upgrade them. After that, Pure Survival Mode was a pain in the ass because I was always low on med packs and could never find enough somatic gel to craft more. Everything I opened turned out to be just more and more scrap metal.

• 2 months later...

Spark I could've sworn from the copious amount of time I've played DS3 that is saves practically immediately upon death in hardcore.  I don't think it's as simple as your saying, but hey I could be wrong.

Sometimes it is possible. I escaped through quick reaction several times death on Hardcore Mode :)  Although i used the Exploit to be sure to achieve the trophy :D

@ Topic:

For me it was Pure Survival. In the other walktroughs i spent some time collecting items but for this last one i was a bit hasty :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...