Any tips?

Jennifayrie

I was wondering if anyone has any good tips for increasing the speech skill?

Mine just doesn't seem to want to go up much, i buy and sell things like a mad woman trying to increase it, the only other way that seems to work is to get caught committing a crime and bribe the guard, but that takes away a good deal of money after a while and i still don't have the 100,000 septims trophy yet >.< eek

Any help appreciated :lol:

There are a few ways to increase your Speech skills. If you wish to utilize the glitch (which I personally have not nor will I ever}, here it is. I have hidden it as others, like myself, have to use for glitches, but for those that do:

sky23.jpg

Easy Speech Skill Improvement

• Take off for Riften. A guard will be waiting outside the door.
  • Bribe, persuade, or intimidate the guard to let you inside. When you’re in the town, enter the Black Briar Meadrey. Save your game before continuing.
  • You’re looking for Ungrien in the tavern. Just wait if he isn’t around, he’ll eventually show up at the bar.
  • Talk to Ungrien, and choose the “Tell Me About…” speech option. Then choose to Bribe him.
  • After bribing him, choose the “Tell me About…” speech option again. Now, instead of trying to Bribe him, try to Persuade him.
  • Choose the Bribe speech option again, whether you succeed or fail trying to Persuade Ungrien doesn’t matter.
  • Choose the “Tell me About…” option a third time. Then choose the Persuade option for a second time.
  • Now, just keep choosing the Persuade option. You’ll continue to gain Speech skill points. It’s just that easy.

For those who prefer to put the effort into increasing this skill, here are some options:

1. You can persuade people, but the opportunities to do so are few and far between.

2. You can also find a speech trainer to convert gold directly into skill levels. This gets expensive above skill 50.

3. Instead, the fastest way is to interact with a merchant. Both buying and selling provide speech experience. The amount of gold determines this amount. Selling 5 items for 20 gold each or 1 item for 100 gold grant the same skill experience.

4. If you just buy and sell the same item back and forth to a merchant, you'll rack up a bunch of skill experience while only losing a portion of the item's value in the process. You could also combine this with other skills... Buy ingredients, craft a potion, sell it. Buy materials, make a weapon, enchant it, sell it. The more money that changes hands, the more speech skill you will gain.

The best non-glitch way to level up your Speech skill is to complete the quest 'No Stone Unturned'. Once completed, you get a perk that adds Gems to just about every container you open. Gems are lightweight, so you can carry a lot of them, but they're also very valuable, so they'll get you a solid chunk of XP for each one you sell. This also has the added advantage of making your cash reserve skyrocket. It's a long, tedious quest (that involves completing as many as 10 extra quests along the way), but more than pays for itself in the long run.

Ahh thanks that helps, definitely going to try the sell and buy the same item back and forth, why didn't i think of that.>.<

As for the glitch I wasn't overly fond of going for that option, knowing my luck it would fluff up my saves or mysteriously snap the disc in half. :shakefist: I think i'm well past being able to do that anyways.