Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StewartBros

Former Adventurer problems

7 posts in this topic

I'm getting a little worried that I won't be able to pop the above trophy during my game.  I've just reached the Research Base towards the end of the game, and though I wasn't keeping an exact count, I estimate that I had maybe 14 or 15 kills dodge-counter kills.  I've gone back to earlier areas to clean up all the collectibles, and every single enemy I've encountered whilst revisiting these areas has shot the crap out of me - there hasn't been one melee enemy yet.  If I try to get a gun-toting enemy alone and run around him trying to bait out a melee attack, he refuses to play ball and instead just blasts me to death.  I'm getting hacked off at all the deaths I'm running up whilst trying to get someone to take a swing at me.  How many melee enemies can I expect to see before the end of the game, or even post-game?

As much as I'm loving this game, it'll be utterly crap if I need to start a whole new playthrough just for the sake of that one trophy.  Someone please put my mind at ease? xD

If you mean the Research Base that you have to climb up to from Shipwreck Beach, and you haven't left on the PT boat Reyes is working on yet, then don't worry. You're about to get your fill of melee enemies real soon.

That's the part, yeah. I've just left the other crew on the beach and climbed up the elevator shaft to get to the base.  Okay then, it should pop up soon.  Thanks for the info. :)

You are not supposed to kill them for this trophy just cripple them

I really really hate this trophy. by the time i reach the final stage this was the only missing trophy for single player

so i started a new game and as soon i got enough skill point to purchase dodge counter and counter kill, i killed almost 30 without this trophy pop'n out

i knew there's something wrong. and just now i realized that i don't have to kill them, just cripple them  :shakefist:

It's just dodge counter, not counter kill.

I started going for the trophy when I got to the shipwreck beach and easily got it. You can also do dodge counter on enemies with auto rifles. Just shoot them in the foot with the hand gun and stay close to them. When they get back on their feet roll next to them and they should swing the butt of their rifle at you causing the prompt to come on screen.

Just for the people who are still struggling (and I will contact the person who wrote the guide) for this to count you need to get the enemy into the down state with the counter dodge.
Use a skill point on counter dodge and use it with circle, then triangle, and if another triangle pops up ( it gets counted here) and finish them how you prefer.  I had to do two or three dodge counters with stronger opponents to get them into the downed state.

Edited by audiopile