Assassin's Creed: Rogue Coming to PS3 in November

Parker

Assassin's Creed: Rogue, previously known as Comet, has had its release date and box art revealed. 

Assassin's Creed: Rogue will arrive on Xbox 360 and PS3 on November 11, according to a leaked trailer.

The game, which was previously referred to as Assassin's Creed Comet though the real name leaked last week, had its box art revealed thanks to Access the Animus.

10569084_534670923300488_808679223602095

It looks like Rogue will continue the trend popularised in Assassin's Creed 4 of mixing sea and land-based gameplay, offering you the chance to explore large areas of the Atlantic. The trailer also shows a new protagonist traversing the Arctic and, as we've long suspected, it looks like you'll be playing as a Templar.

The trailer also confirms we should expect more DLC to appear and offer new customisation options. One example highlighted in the trailer is The Ultimate Hunter Pack, which comes replete with new weapons, ship sails and a ship wheel.

When IGN reached out to Ubisoft for comment, we were told the company doesn't comment on rumour and speculation. Expect to hear more at Gamescom next week.

Source: IGN

So that means Assassin's Creed fans will be spending $120 (assuming both the PS3 and PS4 games are $60) this year. I find it pretty goofy that they are releasing two completely different games on the different generation consoles, what about you guys? If you have a PS3 and PS4 are you picking up both games or just going for the current gen game?

Parker

• Like 1

I'm happy that Unity is new gen only. I'm ready for some more non-cross gen games to see how they utilize the power of the new consoles. I'll probably pick up Rogue for PS3 when it hits the bargain bill, which will be not long considering the history of AC games. 

I find it pretty goofy that they are releasing two completely different games on the different generation consoles, what about you guys?

It's great that the PS360 version won't drag down the PS4/Xbone version. I honestly wish they'd either release one or the other, or different games like in this case, but no crossgen versions.

• Like 3

For me AC: IV was an upswing of quality and it was one of the few PS4 games in the early months.  

I'll probably not be getting either of these on launch day but will keep an eye and see what the community feedback is about both.  If there's more boat related shenanigans in Rogue I might favour that one over Unity.

Looking forward to this, as long as the franchise holds some attraction to me i'll keep buying into it. So far the stories have been enjoyable at the very least. Plus it is nice to see something a little different in terms of the usual shooter-centric franchise stuff that dominates the market.

It's a little worrying that the game is just 3 months away from release and yet practically nothing is known about it.  I honestly thought that Ubisoft had abandoned the game to focus solely on Unity, so it's nice to be proven wrong.  I'll buy AC Rogue since I don't plan on getting a PS4 for maybe 2 years yet, but still, I'd like to know something about it before it comes out.

Here's more info from Game Informer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/05/september-cover-reveal-assassins-creed-rogue-unity.aspx?utm_content=buffer23f8f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Rogue places fans in the shoes of a Templar, controlling former Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Patrick Cormac. Employing the popular naval gameplay from Black Flag, you navigate a ship across the frigid North Atlantic. Other locales you visit include the Appalachian River Valley and a reimagined New York. Shay is an assassin hunter who has to be even more clever to outsmart his sneaky foes. This entry takes place during the Seven Years' War, filling in the gap between Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III. We won't spoil much, but it has a crucial link to the Kenway saga. Our exclusive feature gives more insight into Shay, details how the cold waters are different from Black Flag's Caribbean setting, and discusses the tools Shay has at his disposal for outsmarting assassins. The Seven Years' War is part of what lead to France's financial troubles, and it's hinted that Shay has even deeper ties to Unity.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed III was the only game who ruined the love I had for the franchise, however after the E3 presentation on Unity and finally buying Black Flag, my fate has been restored.

If this game continue the greatness that Black Flag brought to the franchise, I will love this game. Ubisoft is a company that learns from their mistakes, so I'll assume I will want to play this game.

I think it's stupid that they made to different games wtf >.> 

I just want unity, they could've made it cross-gen & kept everything on the Ps4 ver & made another from scratch for Ps3

They just want the money >.<

Well they made Rouge for two reasons. The first was because Ubisoft thought people need a new AC experience on both current-gen and next-gen platforms. Second, it was to bridge AC 3 and 4 together, other than the Kenways. Achillies said in an early mission in 3 that most colonial Assassins died in the Seven Years War, the event that this game takes place in.