Assassin's Creed: Rogue Coming to PS3 in November

Parker

Well they made Rouge for two reasons. The first was because Ubisoft thought people need a new AC experience on both current-gen and next-gen platforms. Second, it was to bridge AC 3 and 4 together, other than the Kenways. Achillies said in an early mission in 3 that most colonial Assassins died in the Seven Years War, the event that this game takes place in.

It would make sense to make it DLC or a standalone half game but I am not complaining. I've been a huge AC fan since AC1 so I trust Ubisoft with this franchise. They took a big risk taking this step (because it will probably upset many fans) but i'm sure its for a reasonable cause. Besides, companies who don't take big risks won't go anywhere. 

I for one like this news, because I don't have a PS4 yet so this game will keep me busy. And hopefully we'll see more Connor with a more mature and charming personality. 

And the milking continues, 2 games in a year... just wow.

At least it's not going the CoD route with it's Advanced Warfare. I bet the first DLC might be zombies in space. Maybe they might make Extinction again if Activision has at least a tiny piece of their soul left

Edited by cerblah
  • Like 1

I am actually looking forward for Assassin's Creed Rogue, it kinda feel like it's going to be like how Anakin Skywalker was during Order 66 since the main character in Rogue Shay Cormac is an Assassin turned Templar who is now an Assassin Hunter, his job is basically kill all other Assassins, this would explain what happened to all the Assassins in the Americas since Connor's Mentor Achilles in AC3 said that there was a purge against the Colonial Assassins that nearly wiped them out. This game apparently builds a bridge from AC4 to AC3 to AC Unity.

Edited by TheVader66

Looks alot like Rogue was in development for quite a while. Ubisoft have a number of different development houses working on projects for the AC franchise. If you look at AC4:Black Flag - that was actually in development longer than AC3. 2 AC games in one year is in no way a bad thing if they keep up the story momentum and quality. The only bad thing is the effect it will have on my wallet.

I don't see any numbers in their either, so i'm curious as to how/if either AC:Rogue or AC:Unity will fit into AC 5 when it is announced for PS4/XB1.

Also, after playing a Rogue in World of Warcraft since launch, I need to call this out (don't shoot me)

Rogue & Rouge are two different things. Rouge is actually a beauty product and the French word for 'red'. Small spelling change - huge difference.

Let's take this exceptional GameCube game as an example - this image shows it spelt as it was intended. Box looks fine right? Has all of the usual trappings of a Star Wars game. X-Wings, space etc

Rogue_squadron_2_Box.jpg

But what happens if we swap 'Rogue' for a word that seems similar but is actually relevant to ladies make-up?

RougeLeader.jpg

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

In all honesty, i'm actually more excited for Rogue than I am for Unity. Both games look great, but all the improvements to the naval combat sound awesome. Plus the fact we get to see Shay's fall from the Assassin Order. Just right now Rouge sounds a lot better to me. I love the idea of playing as a Templar in full (even if it's not the entire game you do), the fact that now you can sail up rivers and in the Artic, the story itself just sounds awesome from what we know. And there's no crappy multiplayer! The team at Ubisoft Sofia will get to pour all their creative ideas into just the single player. And they won't have to rush to put in multiplayer. Right now, Rogue is a buy from me, though I still hold interest in Unity.

I'm diggin this game and Unity.. but since I don't have a ps4 atm I am slightly more stoked for this game... Hopefully sea shanties return... 

Edit:

New gameplay released

Naval gameplay:

Land gameplay: 

Edited by KratosTheMighty