Had enough of this game

willmill97

I really don't know if I can finish this. The final boss is just killing me, the game is cheap, everything just goes wrong.

I've spent the last 7 hours trying to kill this big blue c*nt. I had Garrus and Grunt with me, sometimes, I start it, Garrus just stands still, does nothing, gets obliterated by the laser beams. Sometimes, I get it to about 10% health, then a Harbinger shoots about 10 of those ball things while I'm in cover, the 10th one knocks me out of cover, and then Shepard just stands there like a fucking fish out of water until the Harbinger shoots me down. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I really don't, I've never gotten this frustrated with a game in my life, not even with Max Payne 3, not even with Sonic Unleashed, nothing. Someone please help me. I really need some guidance. 

This may sound silly as fuck, if it does, I apologize haha. 

Have you tried watched people complete that boss fight on youtube? 

Maybe just observing them doing it, will make a light bulb turn on in your head or maybe they'll just have some good tips.

• Like 1

Is this Survivor (lol) Insanity difficulty? I tried forever to just get almost halfway through the game on survivor difficulty and then eventually gave up, lol

Now I'm just working on the trophy for finishing the game twice, I love the Mass Effect games like crazy, but I just don't love Survivor difficulty - I could probably do it, but it's just not at all fun to me, lol

As far as the final boss on Survivor difficulty, I was initially planning on killing off my entire crew during that mission by assigning them to the wrong roles before I ever got the the final boss so that I didn't have to do it, lmao

Edited by BlindMango

I never really had a problem with the Human Reaper, it definitely takes a long time since the time to attack him is limited. It's been a while since I played ME2 on Insanity but iirc, I used the Collector Laser Heavy Weapon on the boss and used Squad Powers and Weapons on the collectors. Also I used the Mattock Heavy Rifle which is a DLC weapon for ME2 but it's really good.

Mind sharing your loadout and powers?

I'm using the 3 round burst battle rifle (every other rifle seems to suck), the sniper you can pick up on the collector ship, and the laser beam heavy weapon. Sorry I don't remember the names. And I have Cyro, Inferno ammo, Concussive Shot with the Slam power. 

This may sound silly as fuck, if it does, I apologize haha. 

Have you tried watched people complete that boss fight on youtube? 

Maybe just observing them doing it, will make a light bulb turn on in your head or maybe they'll just have some good tips.

Yes, and it seems to go peacefully for them, they don't get an overhaul of Harbingers or stupid AI. (And yes, I know that if there's a group of 5, take the normal collectors out first, leave Harbinger for last so no-one else turns into a Harbinger.)

Is this Survivor (lol) Insanity difficulty? I tried forever to just get almost halfway through the game on survivor difficulty and then eventually gave up, lol

Now I'm just working on the trophy for finishing the game twice, I love the Mass Effect games like crazy, but I just don't love Survivor difficulty - I could probably do it, but it's just not at all fun to me, lol

As far as the final boss on Survivor difficulty, I was initially planning on killing off my entire crew during that mission by assigning them to the wrong roles before I ever got the the final boss so that I didn't have to do it, lmao

Yes it is.

First of all: Calm your tits. Don't let the game get to you - you've got this shit so long as you keep your cool.

Here's some advice I stumbled on there:

You'll need a weapon like the Cain, along with squadmates who are well-outfitted with their respective upgrades. My choice of weapon for Shepard is the Widow Sniper Rifle, easily the most effective and most powerful weapon players can use short of a heavy weapon. The Viper Rifle is less powerful, but useful if it is fully upgraded as well. For other classes, if you have not downloaded the Mattock, Geth plasma shotgun, or the Locust (Kasumi's Stolen Memory) then do so, as these are great alternative weapons to use for other classes.

As always, the terminator-esque Human Reaper usually begins by firing a large burst of energy from its chest, so you'll want to find some cover, preferably in front of you. Note that after a while, the Human Reaper will change its position, but if you keep your distance and maintain cover, you should be safe. Getting hit by the Reaper's chest beam instantly depletes your shield and causes a delay in recovery, so be cautious. Note that it also increases the wait for your shield regeneration substantially. 

Equip your weapon of choice. While keeping yourself shielded, just aim at either the Human Reaper's eyes while it's charging up its attack. For a long-range shotgun like the Geth plasma cannon, charge it up and shoot at the chest.  Eventually, you'll get's health down to three-fourths after a couple turns, depending on your weapon and character upgrades.

With this damage, if timed correctly, the Reaper will usually unveil its tail attack and accidentally destroy whatever platform Harbinger is on.  

With your Cain heavy weapon, wait until you get to just under half of the Reaper's health, then use it, aiming for its chest or eyes. The astonishingly powerful weapon should end your battle in no time.

I recall using a sniper rifle for the final boss, too, so I'd recommend giving one of your squad a sniper and the other an assault rifle for cover fire. Also, upgrade the shit out of your squad's armour and weaponry. 

I'm using the 3 round burst battle rifle (every other rifle seems to suck), the sniper you can pick up on the collector ship, and the laser beam heavy weapon. Sorry I don't remember the names. And I have Cyro, Inferno ammo, Concussive Shot with the Slam power. 

Ok, that's actually the same set up I always used except I use the multiple shot sniper rifle (the white long one you get as your second sniper rifle). The only else to add is Warp ammo, but this obviously being your first run, you may not have that since I got mine on New Game+ for a bonus power. Ignore concussive shot, it's a waste on the boss if you ask me. 

I had Squad Inferno with a team of Garrus and Legion. Garrus I had him stick with the burst rifle and Legion had his Geth sniper rifle. Start with the above mentioned sniper rifle and just let loose on the cable things, a few shots should take care of each of them. Then when he gets pissed and gives you his special eyes, just take out that Collector beam rifle and nail him with it. Even the sniper rifle would be fine (I found it faster actually) Abuse cover like crazy, it's the only time I really did. Let Garrus and Legion take care of the reinforcements and ONLY use the burst rifle to take out Collectors that are near you. Save the beam gun and sniper rifle for the boss.

I really hope that was clear, let me know if there's anything confusing you.

So you're a Soldier with the Vindicator, Widow, Collector Particle Beam, Cyro ammo, Inferno ammo, Concussive Shot, and Adrenaline Rush right?

If so just move from in cover and when you get a shot use Adrenaline Rush and the CPB on it's eyes, when the CPB is out of ammo use the Vindicator with Inferno ammo. Just keep doing that until you win.

Sorry if this doesn't help much, it has been a long time since I played ME2.

Edited by soultaker655

I took Miranda everywhere since she has both warp and overload. Yeah her weapons suck, but almost none of the NPCs are good for anything except drawing fire and using their abilities. If you have the time slow ability, can't remember which class that is, use it whenever you get a shot at the reaper and nail him with the beam. I found the early levels of insanity 10x harder than the rest. If you got this far stick with it, you got this.

All I can say is take your time (but don't go to slow) since it has been so long since I even touched Mass effect 2. You may want to take a break and do something else for a while and then when you come back you will find that it wasn't as hard as you thought it was. All I remember was that I mainly used my sniper rifle throughout the game so you will use that mainly on the boss and on the enemies when needed. 

I finally managed it this time and I know why. Somehow, on my Grunt/Garrus run, I had fuck all ammo, fuck all heavy weapon ammo, and that's why I was dying. This time,  I conserved ammo in the area before, letting my Slam do most of the work, and I did it. I had Tali/Legion, spammed their drone on any Harbinger that spawned.

Only took me 9 hours.....

Edited by willmill97