Sleeping Dogs for Ps4

Wouldn't this kind remastering slow down the sales of X1 and PS4? If the console is only getting remasters at the minute, no one would want to buy a new-gen console. 

Nah, most people don't purchase current-gen consoles during their first year for the games that are already available.  The games that are due out in Q4 of 2014 are the ones that really sell people on the systems.

Nah, most people don't purchase current-gen consoles during their first year for the games that are already available.  The games that are due out in Q4 of 2014 are the ones that really sell people on the systems.

I was thinking that too but it was clear to see in the few months, people bought the PS4 for it's power that lack of games. Now that it's 2014 Q3, if nothing comes out that can satisfy people until 2015 we will see a slow down until christmas.

I loved Sleeping Dogs!! It was a great game BUT it is nearly nowhere great enough or even critically acclaimed enough to even deserve a remaster in my eyes, and $60? Pshh hell no. Square Enix needs to be focusing on that god damn overdue KH3 that I've been waiting for a decade on and/or focus on a Sleeping Dogs 2 for that matter. Plus with the next gen release of GTA V in the few months, Sleeping Dogs can no way in hell beat Rockstar sales wise.

For once I really thought the thread is all about the direct sequel of the game.

I loved the game, before it was even released on the PS3

but with clouded games that went out during its release...mehhh I told myself to just get it 'Pre-owned'

In which luckily I did., around S$32 vs a full price of 59.90 (Singapore Dollars) during that time.

It did have some great points that I wish GTA IV have but I would agree, the City is nothing but plain DRY

​No customization that GTA V has a lot to offer and a livelier city too.

So will I get this...Yes, maybe, probably, but not at FULL Price (S$72) no F*kn way I would drop that

even if they say, its the complete GOTY edition.

This 'Remastering" shit is really getting out of hand.

You guys (Square Enix) are better than this!

Throw us some FF XV news if you will!

-Razgriz 

Great news, haven't picked it up for PS3 or 360.

I'm looking forward to this and other remasters of games I have missed out on. Don't really care if it's polished last gen or next gen as long as it's a good game.

People really need to chill out in regard to these announcements. It's not like a port requires the full workforce of a studio, including every concept artist, animator, level designer audio person that worked on the original.

It only helps the developer to find a bigger audience (and grow a bigger fanbase), which makes a sequel everyone seems to want more likely.

edit: Think of these remasters as movies coming to Bluray. The movies aren't any different than their original version, except for a higher definition video and audio. If you don't want it don't buy it. But for fans or people discovering it for the first time it's a good thing.

Edited by soniq
  • Like 1

Pretty much I'm on the same boat as everyone else, I'd buy this IF the game wasn't priced at $60, 50 I'd think about but 40 would be perfect as we get the "remastered" version with all DLC at a price that sort of competes with just buying the standard version which can be easily found for $20 or less

I think even someone like me who never owned a PS3 and thus missed out on alot of fantastic games finds all these remasters as a bit of a blow. It's true I may very well purchase many of them but in the end if i'd wanted to play these games in the first place I would have bought a PS3. I purchased my PS4 looking forward to many of the big titles being released. Many of those titles are being pushed back to next year. Not a bad thing I suppose. Quite glad Evolve got put back, I had 3 games on pre-order for October.

So glad ACIV turned out to be my favorite game because the only other game I genuinely got excited about getting was Watch_Dogs and altho it was a good game, it didn't quite shine as bright as we hoped.

That being said, I love my PS4 and even if I was faced with a few months of no games being released at all, I still have a treasure trove of gaming gold to play through. 

Sleeping Dogs is one of the best games of the last generation, in my opinion, but I really wish we'd just get Sleeping Dogs 2 instead of a remaster. I'll probably pick this up at some point in time but it will more than likely be when I can pick it up for $20-25 instead of $60. 

Parker

I never got to download it for free thru Psplus ;_; I wish Sleeping Dogs 2 will just include SD1 remaster. But if I had to buy it I am in hell no going to pay full price for a remaster. I will not support these quick money grabbing tricks these companies are doing. Remasters that took a company maybe a couple months to do. And their selling for full price.. must be a lot of suckers out there to promote this type of era.

Pretty awesome news if someone has never played the original release version. If you haven't tried it, it is a really great game and I personally highly recommend it. I may end up picking this up again as it was one of my all-time favourite PS3 releases.

For the people making comments about the way things are getting remastered and remade at the moment, Hollywood has been doing this with the film industry for the last 20 years. Because games are getting more and more akin to movies now, it is only logical the gaming industry will follow in Hollywood's footsteps.

Expect to see this alot, especially if a PS4 sequel is in the works - the company will probably release a remastered version of the previous game(s) as a way to sell a few more copies and increase exposure to their franchise. When you think about it, it is actually rather clever.

Oh boy i sure am happy i spent 400€ on this awesome next-gen system so now i can play all the games i could've played a year ago on my ps3 except they cost twice as much.

Patience is required. Come this time next year there are going to be loads of games to justify your purchase. This is what happens when you buy a brand new console - it takes a while for games to come out. I would rather have some re-releases than nothing at all right now.

• Like 1

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed... the main reason why they are remastering is because there are new people to playstation, so why not expose them to the classics.

It was on all platforms even if you were new to playstation you could of played it on your 360