Finally beat Strider!

movievet-dotcom

Congratulations,

you managed to beat one of the best and easiest games :giggle:

LOL, the end was a pain in the ass. Probably though because I wasn't that interested in the game. Like I said, I was pissed I had come that far and said to myself, fuck this, I don't care if I don't love this game, it's gettin beat.

That's great, but you also could've posted this as a status update.

I guess so, but I'm new here. I'll take the training wheels off soon.

Im no stranger to games of all difficulties and im finding Strider pretty tough myself.

Congrats to to the OP.

Thank you.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing hard about it, one of the easiest plats i have.

Congrats to OP

Well "nothing hard" for you may mean something else to someone. I guess it's a bit easier to say with 130 plats. You've seen a few harder plats I guess. As someone said before, difficulty is sometimes subjective.

Edited by Sikatiiker

Difficult is very very subjective, congrats on beating this game, I really liked it, and it was way better than I thought it would be.

I would rather finish the last of us on grounded 10 times than play a single round in a FPS multiplayer, and much worse get trophies, I could never.

Hey, thanks.

Congrats Sir!!  I know that exact pain with getting stuck on that elevator ride on Hard Difficulty.  A very frustrating challenge, especially due to the rest of the game being a fairly easy walk in the park.

That elevator was kind of a bitch. Cheers.

I am at the moment playing the game and not at the point you are describing but sounds tough, but can't wait for the challenge ^^. Enjoying the game pretty much so far :). Anyways, glad you were finally able to beat the crap outta him :D

The difficulty at right near the end ramps up enough that i was surprised at the change and happy when it was over. :shakefist:

• 2 months later...

Personally I enjoyed the game to an extent. At points it became frustrating because the controls were so damn sensitive it was bloody annoying... Plus some bosses were just ridiculous as others were s breeze... Best example is the monkey mech fight. I found him to be the toughest boss while I found huong or whatever the guys name is right after the easiest.

I agree with you on the end ramping up... Getting to the elevator was annoying because the checkpoints were so far away. And the elevator was really annoying because of those ridiculous mechs. But I accidentally came across the easiest way to beat that. Once the elevator separates you slide and start to fall. Then double jump and boost to the bottom of it. That way not projectiles will hurt you. While you can still hit em with the purple attack. The second last boss was easy as soon as you saw his pattern. And the final was a joke.

The speed run was easy on Normal... But I found the deaths cheap on that difficulty... Too many times a guy would hit me once to take half my health... Upgrades are necessary to do everything. Once you get your health up enough and upgrade recharge and special you're golden. I'd rate it a 6 personally and a 5 for difficulty just because of the controls.

Cheers on beating it though dude.

• Like 1

I'm kind of on the fence about returning to this game, mainly because it doesn't allow you to use the d pad to move...I think, been a while.  Anyway, I usually have a terrible time controlling games like plaformers (I guess technically Metroidvania) like this with the control stick, especially when it's a retro style game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 10:51 AM, starcrunch061 said:

I'm not going to lie - I'm surprised everyone finds this game so easy. I'm having tons of trouble with it (I'm even doing 3 playthroughs, to get used to the mechanics). I die all the time. I think I'll plat it in time, but honestly, I might pump my fist when I beat it as well.

I know I am necro-ing this thread but you never went back to the game? You ought to give it a shot a again. I am another one of those people that didn't really have any difficulty with the game outside of one boss fight. I am usually not that great at games like this either. I jumped right into Hard and beat that on my first playthrough and then hopped on Normal for the speedrun. The only issue I really had with the game was the horrible in-game map and how hard it was to find and keep track of the collectibles. 

• Like 1