Jem's Trophy Gems

jemmie

UPDATE: Platinum #111 - Whitetail Challenge, Platinum #112 - Game of Thrones, Platinum #113 - Truck Racer, Platinum #114 - Undertale, Platinum #115 - Batman, Platinum #116 - Minecraft: Story Mode, Platinum #117 - Deponia, and Platinum #118 - Monster Jam: Battlegrounds are now posted!

Alright, now that that's over, we can look into some top-tier games coming up next. Only 20 plats to go!

UPDATE: Platinum #119 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is now posted!

I cut out a lot of what I wanted to say to avoid spoilers, but this still happened to be one of my longer updates. Well, I doubt anyone will complain about that.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Platinum #120 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, Platinum #121 - Minecraft, Platinum #122 - Dead Nation, Platinum #123 - Grid 2, and Platinum #124 - Persona 4: Arena Ultimax are now posted!

The next update is for a milestone plat, so that one's probably going to take a bit longer.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Platinum #126 - Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments, Platinum #127 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation, Platinum #128 - Toro, Platinum #129 - Resogun, Platinum #130 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, Platinum #131 - Burly Men at Sea, Platinum #132 - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Platinum #133 - Metro: Last Light, Platinum #134 - The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia, Platinum #135 - Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear, Platinum #136 - Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book, Platinum #137 - Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late[st], and Platinum #138 - Mirror's Edge are now posted!

That sure took a while, but now, my checklist is up to date for the first time in years. I still need to eventually go back to fix the formatting and a few other minor details, but this is a good checkpoint for now.

I also felt like making this checklist a bit more interactive, so I added a weekly poll! Each week, I'll put up the top-five games I want to play, and the people can decide which one I'll blaze through. Polls will run Saturday-to-Saturday, the current poll being for next week. This upcoming week looks like it's going to be a little hectic, so I'm extending my trophy hiatus for one more week. In the meantime, go ahead and vote!

• Like 3

Well, Superdimension was looking to be the clear winner, and since I should really make some headway in the RPG thread, I went ahead and bought the game. A new poll is up for next Saturday, so if your option didn't win this time, make sure to vote again until your voice is heard!

• 2 weeks later...

The week of Superdimension is over. I'm liking the game so far (even though Segami is quickly shaping up to be one of my least-favorite HDN characters of all-time). I think I'm about halfway through the story at this point, though since I've been mostly fooling around with the side missions, I seem to be a bit overpowered when it comes to the main story. Well, I'm not complaining.

Thanks to everyone who voted this week. Steins;Gate won, but I'm going to wait until next week to start it. My classes have been heating up as of late, and this upcoming week seems to be especially bad. I don't want to only play Steins;Gate for a few hours before switching games, so I'm going to use the time I do have to continue Superdimension some more.

That being said, the new poll is for two weeks from now, meaning it'll be for my Spring Break. This means that I will have my PS4, so the poll this time is all PS4 games. I have a strong feeling already about what's going to win, but we'll just have to wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Platinum #139 - Bayonetta is now posted! It feels good to finally get another plat.

For those who are wondering why I didn't play Ratchet & Clank this week, there are two reasons for that. First, my brother apparently took the PS4 to college right before my spring break started, so I wasn't able to play it. More importantly though, I've decided to stop the poll. Being busier than I thought I'd be lately, I quickly realized that having a weekly poll only makes sense if I have enough time in the week to actually make considerable progress in a game. I may bring the poll back once I graduate, but only time will tell.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: Platinum #140 - Superdimension Neptunia VS Sega Hard Girls and Platinum #141 - Mary Skelter: Nightmares are now posted!

Well, the plat drought is over. Life has been pretty hectic as of late (in a good way), but things should be calming down soon. I have no idea what I'm doing next though. I'm slowly plowing through Mugen Souls Z, but I'll probably save the plat for a milestone. In the meantime, any suggestions are welcome.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Platinum #142 - Megadimension Neptunia VII and Platinum #143 -Ratchet & Clank are now posted!

Last night, I completed one of my goals for 2019 and finally got an S-Rank average on my profile. Now, I just have to keep it.

Also, the game poll is now back, but it's a bit different now. Instead of weekly, it's now monthly. The last week of each month, I'll put up a poll of ten games, and the three with the most votes will be what I work on the following month. I got a bit of a late start this month, but that's alright. I'll just see how the poll is doing in a few days and go from there.

Side note: As someone who wants to eventually complete the HDN series again (I did have all the plats a long time ago), would people who have played Megadimension Neptunia VIIR find it worth playing without VR? I'm not getting the game for a while regardless, but any input would be appreciated all the same.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jemmie said:

would people who have played Megadimension Neptunia VIIR find it worth playing without VR?

The VR Scenes don't need a PS VR to watch them so it's only worth it if you like one of the four CPUs

btw. The hotter Adult Neptune VR Scenes is forced upon you as you play the game's story.

• Like 1

UPADATE: Platunum #144 - XBLAZE Lost: Memories is now posted!

What a top-tier RPG. In all seriousness, I'm trying to slide into more RPGs for RPG Mania.

This weekend, I noticed that Fairy Fencer F is down to $10 on the PSN store. I then checked PSN Rewards and saw that I had barely enough points for a $10 PSN card. I now own Fairy Fencer F. I'll probably play it on and off with Uncharted 2 since that seems to be winning the poll currently.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Voted for Uncharted 2. You might as well get that out of the way....is what I should also be telling myself.

Despite having most of the trophies, it feels like I still have a lot left. Though I felt the same way about Ratchet & Clank and ended up only having around ten hours of gameplay left. At the very least, I'll work on finishing up the treasures this week and see where that leads me.

EDIT: Less than ten hours later, I've done everything but the crushing playthrough. Past me was smart and did the collectibles playthrough on hard. I panicked a bit when the screen froze at my 100th treasure without the trophy popping, but it luckily still counted.

Edited by jemmie

• 3 weeks later...

Note to self: Don't make a plat poll and then buy a game a few days later that will take the entire rest of the month to plat. I have no regrets though, for FFF is arguably the best game I've played in 2019 so far. My goal is to get that and Uncharted 2 done by the end of the month (only 25 million more gold to go).

For those of you keeping up with the RPG Mania thread, scores have finally been counted for the first time in months, and it seems my strategy to take it slow didn't pay off. For August's game poll, I have hired a team of highly-trained trophy scientists to pinpoint the best RPGs around to build me up to be a sizable threat. I'll start up the winner in about a week, so until then, happy voting!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Platinum #146 - Valkyria Chronicles and 100% #26 - Hatoful Boyfriend are now posted!

I got these a while ago but never posted them. I've been pretty busy the past few weeks and unfortunately had to take the poll down again for the time-being. I did give P4G another go though and finally captured the elusive Sea Guardian, making the plat officially possible.

I probably won't have much time to trophy hunt for the next two months, but in the time I do have, I'll be playing FFF: Advent Dark Force. I got it on sale for just $9, which is less than I paid for the first game. I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait to see what the additional story paths have in store.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Platinum #147 - Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force is now posted!

I honestly could've wrote a lot more about this game, but I stopped myself since the update was getting kind of long.

For my next game, I'm torn between Steins;Gate, P4G, and Asura's Wrath. I'm also slowly tackling the Demonic Dozen on the side. Look here if you don't know what I'm talking about. The event doesn't start for a few more days, but I still went ahead and completed L.Raptor's challenges in Darkstalkers earlier today (and got the one online trophy a few days ago with the help of @cr1s). I'll try to do one character every week or so, but I'm running out of characters I think I can handle. Well, that's what SURPASSING MY LIMITS is all about I suppose.

• Like 2

UPDATE: Platinum #148 - Steins;Gate is now posted!

With this, the only Common/Uncommon plats left on my trophy advisor are three TT (or TT-esque) games I don't own and Enigmatis 2, a terrible game that I also don't own.

My completion is finally getting close to 75%, but I'm going to slow down my progress towards that ten-fold by working exclusively on the Demonic Dozen for a while. Similar to last year, my strategy is to tackle the easy trophies first and slowly whittle down my foes. I probably won't be able to have as many plat updates while I'm working on this, so I think now is as good of a time as any to implement what I've been thinking of doing for a while, Biweekly Status Updates!

Even though I mostly played Steins;Gate this week, I can still do a mini-update this week with some of the quick encounters I had with the Demonic Dozen on the side. I booted up P4G for the first time in about a month and realized that my Vita turned off without me saving. Luckily, I still only lost about an hour or two of progress, and I went ahead and won the Miracle Quiz Finals. Something I'm a bit prouder of though is going back to Darkstalkers and actually finishing another character, Felicia. I must've spent about two hours on her final challenge and was even shaking a little when I finally got it. I secretly thought in the back of my head that my last post would be the last time I talked about Darkstalkers in quite some time, but I apparently had it in me to take at least one more character down. I'm thinking of doing Morrigan next but haven't decided yet.

Goals for Next Update:

• Finish story mode in Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
  • Get another Darkstalkers trophy
  • Have a grand time
  • Like 2