Worse Game I Ever Played (Gamer's Rage)

Shug244

You see, this is an "old" game so the only people who play it now a days are vets and the PS+ subs (soon to be vets-only again), of course Battlefield 4 is better than this since you're matched against vets AND noobs, so although you got your ass kicked on your last life, just respawn and kill 5 noobs and you'll go positive.

Here though, you're (apparently) new to the game, so you have no clue which weapons are good, you're not familiarized with the maps, you don't know where you can get annihilated by campers and all your team mates suck (as always). Anyone who plays a game like this, whether it's Crysis 3 or not, would definitely say it sucks.

And I wanted to plat this game :(

Well maybe I'll just work on singleplayer trophies and try the online a little bit but I'm bad in online games. I always lose in online games. I had Battlefield 3. And in my 2nd day of playing online I got to make in a match 7 kills, which 4 we´re in a row. Besides that me and my partners we're camping in a building until the other team ultimately killing us and kicking us out then we couldn't take that building back. Oh well. Thanks for the warning as the only thing I know about Crysis 3 is a little that my little brother played before me. I will let that game to play for last.

I have noticed the game feels absolutely weird to play in MP.  Hit detection just feels off.

Not a big deal, haven't had any of the issues you said above.  All of those just sound like a bad connection.  

My biggest problem is the framerate is absolutely horrid.  Runs at an average of 20 fps dipping down to 18 fps average in some areas.  Makes the game feel so sluggish to me.

Got this with + so not a big deal, because I actually kind've like the MP.  Probably going to finish the MP trophies then move on to the SP later, still have Crysis 1 and 2 in my backlog.

Don't know if it's the worse MP ever made but it's definitively a contender, it kinda makes Tomb Raider MP look polished in comparaison.

Only reason i (and most likely 95% of its current player base) actually plays it is to get trophies at this point, aka VTOL's kill and pinger's kill, wish turns out to be more annoying than expected but whatever.

And I wanted to plat this game :(

Well maybe I'll just work on singleplayer trophies and try the online a little bit but I'm bad in online games. I always lose in online games. I had Battlefield 3. And in my 2nd day of playing online I got to make in a match 7 kills, which 4 we´re in a row. Besides that me and my partners we're camping in a building until the other team ultimately killing us and kicking us out then we couldn't take that building back. Oh well. Thanks for the warning as the only thing I know about Crysis 3 is a little that my little brother played before me. I will let that game to play for last.

If you're actually interested in this game, don't let the mongrels detract you from playing it. 

The MP is not hard by any means; some of the VTOL/Pinger kills are difficult to obtain, but that's rendered by pure luck if you're able to secure either vehicle prior to anyone else attempting to rush over to it. I rented the game during my Spring break term last year, and finished it up rather quickly. 

I didn't have any problems playing today, played for four hours straight with only two host connections lost. I think you are suffering from "That's f***ing bullsh*t" syndrome, I got it today as well, but it was totally my fault, the game isn't overpower nor do the bullets miss the target in any way. Maybe your internet is lagging?

I completed this game on the Xbox 360 when it came out and can say that the multiplayer is pretty bad. A lot of the maps are way too large and with people being cloaked it's often hard to find people, coupled with the fact that this game was very unpopulated even after the game was originally released meant that it became a dull and frustrating experience. Crysis 2 was much more enjoyable IMO.

The netcode is bad on both games, it's something you just have to get used too.

Shug244 i feel your pain on this. There is something off in the MP I'm not the greatest at shooters, but I'm confident in my sniping ability especially when I have a stationary target. I have had a few instances where I know I placed a clean head shot but received no kill, and would have to take a 2nd or 3rd shot, if these were moving targets I would chalk it up to lag or me just sucking. I could get pissed about it but it's not worth it, I'm not a die hard fan of MP so I'll be taking it in stride so I can get those trophies done. I'm just really happy I only have to reach level 20.

Seems the overall population already dropped a lot, starting to have to wait to find matches, and i currently won't ever bother playing in maps who have no trophy value, that's how good this MP is.

Only a few pinger kill left and i'm out of this nightmarish MP, too bad i can barely find a match in the maps who actually have pinger, and when i do i have to compete with 11 players to get into that damn thing, today is a good day to curse online trophies.  :rolleyes:

Never had any problems, i enjoyed the multiplayer actually.

Some people are better than others get over it

This.

I never had problem, and never had serious lag problem, maybe I have luck, but I really enjoy this Multiplayer, and Crysis 2 it's far worst that this one, don't play anymore crysis 3 if you don't like it.

Edited by FlareZero

The opening statement of this thread made me "lol". TBH though, this is exactly why I hardly ever bother playing online MP on games or not taking it seriously when I do. They always seems to be skewed towards the playing-everyday-long experts or I just don't feel like investing the amount of time it usually takes to become at least competitive at it. My biggest pet peeve are games with a lack of reliable experience/level balancing...it either causes beginners to become easy prey or less successful OR constantly being kicked by high level players who are hosting from the only active lobbies and games available.

Edited by merciful84

• 3 weeks later...

I had a fair bit of trouble with Crysis 3's MP as well, but then, I freely admit that I'm not that good at the MP.  Many times I would empty a full clip into an enemy, or headshot them with the bow, or land 3-4 melee strikes on them, and they would just refuse to die, but then another enemy would run up and kill me with a single strike.  I remember in one match, myself and 3 teammates all cornered a single enemy and unloaded on him, and yet he just jumped around the place and killed all 4 of us.  I have no doubt that the guy was hacking the game, but whatever.

I confess that I'm not a fan of the Crysis MP, but the campaigns in each game have been quite fun.

Edited by StewartBros

Is a very decent game, the campain is fun, reminds me to metroid prime 3 corruption.   Is not a generic FPS, it stands apart with the main gimmick of cloaking, and armor, also the history is not bad either. 

the multiplayer is very addicting, if you failed to much is not because you suck at FPS games is because you don't master the combat mechanics of this game.

of course, it has a fatal glitch, that is extremely annoying, it happens on the trophy "suited up" and it happens to everyone, including me, and if you want to get rid of him you have to erase all your game data.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhh. So many comical answers. I presume most people here are from the PS+ breed of C3 players. First off. If you don't know much about the game, don't go about judging the guy/girl's play style (referring to the opening post). There are also a lot of cod/bf fanboys here as well so that doesn't help.

I'm a vet of all 3 games and I can safely say that it is not the worst game (that would probably be cod or gta- i really don't see the hype). This game is VERY BROKEN. The devs left us for dead literally 3 months after release. The last patch ruined a load of weapons. Crytek are going broke anyway (no joke, they're in a lot of financial trouble).

Then there is the perk called auto armour which activates your armour automatically when you get shot to prevent one hit kills. That paired with a rhino is beyond annoying. Then you have the M.I.K.E which is a gun that fires ultra powered microwaves at a sniper's range with no recoil whatsoever. On top of all of that, the Devs' last update nerfed most guns and increased the recoil (to the extremes) on a gun which was specially designed to compromise range for no possible recoil.

This game also suffers from fatal glitchers (I get killed every time I pull my own trigger [even in a private lobby on my own] 60% of the time and the game makes up fake enemy positions), it also suffers from catastrophic lag and FPS drops. To top all of this off, the devs went and broke the official game forums too, which meant that they left the spam floodgates wide open. People's accounts became inaccessible due to the change and for PC players it means that all of their progress was done for seen as that was their multiplayer account too. The list goes on and on. Crysis has always been about singleplayer. If you are mad enough to buy this game for MP then that's your problem.

• Like 2