Warlord Glitch

Nitro

Hello from Australia

Im a bit late to the party (just over 10 years haha) but Im attempting the far cry 2 platinum from scratch. 

I would really, really appreciate some clarification on the warlord glitch and would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you if possible. I have read many threads, articles and watched videos on performing the glitch itself. I feel i have a decent understanding on how it works, I just have one looming question I cant wrap my head around which Im hoping you can help with please.

My struggle is I would like to ideally earn the level trophies in order.

I understand the 1500 xp cap and resetting diamonds to reach negative xp, but I dont understand how this works if you do this from level 20. At level 20 you have from what I understand over 200 000 XP. Does that mean to get into negative xp and I have to retract 200 000 xp? From what I have read that is clearly not the case, but I still dont understand the 1500 XP to negative cap process.

Are you please able to explain to me how I get into negative xp from level 20, when I have 200 000 xp. This would be extremely appreciated.

Kind Regards

2 hours ago, Skills_Keyblade said:

Hello from Australia

Im a bit late to the party (just over 10 years haha) but Im attempting the far cry 2 platinum from scratch. 

I would really, really appreciate some clarification on the warlord glitch and would greatly appreciate any help and advice from you if possible. I have read many threads, articles and watched videos on performing the glitch itself. I feel i have a decent understanding on how it works, I just have one looming question I cant wrap my head around which Im hoping you can help with please.

I understand the 1500 xp cap and resetting diamonds to reach negative xp, but I dont understand how this works if you do this from level 20. At level 20 you have from what I understand over 200 000 XP. Does that mean to get into negative xp and I have to retract 200 000 xp? From what I have read that is clearly not the case, but I still dont understand the 1500 XP to negative cap process.

Are you please able to explain to me how I get into negative xp from level 20, when I have 200 000 xp. This would be extremely appreciated.

Kind Regards

Every time you reset a diamond it takes a whole level off you and also gives you a minor XP punishment for doing so (this is what pushes you a bit further than just one level).

e.g

say 19 to 20 was 100,000XP, if you reset from 20 to 19, you would lose the 100,000XP for the level plus an extra 1000XP as punishment (not exact, just an example)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

On 25/12/2021 at 5:56 AM, blazkowicz6 said:

Yes,you need to play 20 matches to derank to level 1. ?

Exactly.

Or if you use my method, you reach level 30 your first day, derank to 20. The next time you'll launch the game you'll be back to square one if i remember (the level you were before performing the glitch). Then with the boost session you'll reach the level 10 easily.

PS : nice to see you man, you are everywhere :D 

On 25/12/2021 at 2:25 AM, Skills_Keyblade said:

Hi mate, i saw your private message. Gonna follow what the others said and add one more thing.

I understand your struggle. What i did i used a second account to try it out first. When you understand the mechanic, dropping from level 20 will seem less scary.

But doing so, you'll have to expect that getting from level 10 to 20 requires more time than deranking from 30 to 20. How much ? That sadly i can't remember since it has been over a decade ahah! 

Best of luck, and have a great boosting session. Hope you'll enjoy. The story is also amazing!

EDIT : i took a look into my trophies. I got level 30 on April 3rd. After when i was back to level 1, i reached level 10 on April 10th with the boosting. I reached level 20th only on May 13th.

What I can't remember is if i reached level 20 with normal boosting, or had to do the glitch a 2nd time to reach 30 again and derank to 20. If normal boosting allows you to reach level 20 easily, than i would say deranking to level 1 and doing the glitch isn't a bad idea. Maybe other people could confirm that.

2nd EDIT : just took a look in the first page of the forum, i wrote normal boosting allows to reach the 18th level when you are done. So getting to level 20 requires around 8 more hours of boosting. If someone can confirm it would be great. 

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 8:29 AM, Last-_-Judgment said:

After reading the entire thread, I haven't seen anyone do the de rank BEFORE doing anything else (like the OP suggests about a possible flag). Since it is not a flaggable offence, would it not be quicker to do the warlord glitch at level 1 to get the level 30 trophy, then rank UP to 20 afterwards or does de-ranking to level 30 require you to gain a crap load of xp to get back to 1?

Hi my friend,

If you went in the first page, i explained it all :P .

Deranking from 30 to 20 allows you to save 8 hours ;) 

To summarize my experience, with normal boosting you'll reach level 18. From 18 to 20 requires about 8 hours of boosting, because of the 1,500 xp cap (to confirm with others).

Edited by bunshing
  • Like 1