Thoughts on Tales of Xillia 2 Trophy Set

DarknessKey92

Tales of Xillia 2

The Images seam Recycled with the Difference being the class of trophy.

1L766c2c.png

Lord of Xillia 2

The mark of complete Xillia 2 mastery.
Thanks for playing!

Well @ least they tried being creative with the Descriptions, and Titles.

Reminds me of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory's Set where they hint @ how to unlock it, but in a Riddled manner.

Some Descriptions give the obvious hint of Unlock while others kinda feel like you have to play it to understand what it means.

Edited by DarknessKey92

It's 99% the same as Xillia 1 

Just 100% more tedious.

Like the ones for using their special abilities in battle now requires 450 uses instead of 150.

And don't even get me started on the battle titles.

Alright one example:

Win a battle without taking damage that lasted at least a minute (40 times).

That's one of the 68 battle titles that you need for Battle General, Lord and God trophies. The other 67 are just as bad if not worse.

Just 100% more tedious.

Like the ones for using their special abilities in battle now requires 450 uses instead of 150.

Alright one example:

That's one of the 68 battle titles that you need for Battle General, Lord and God trophies. The other 67 are just as bad if not worse.

That's not bad, that's pretty easy actually. Just go to a beginner area at max level and one shot everything.

If you want difficult battle objectives, play Star Ocean. THOSE are ridiculous.

That's not bad, that's pretty easy actually. Just go to a beginner area at max level and one shot everything.

If you want difficult battle objectives, play Star Ocean. THOSE are ridiculous.

I am aware of how bad the Star Ocean 4 battle objectives are.

I was comparing it to trophies from previous PS3 Tales of games.

Overall it's just a lot more time consuming if you want to get all the trophies.

Just 100% more tedious.

Alright one example:

Omfg ... 450 times ? I hope the bots use it more often because in Xillia those trophies were ridiculous enough! I had to take leia to arena and spam her ability for a while. Jeezzz i don't want 6 extra hours of grinding x.x".

That's one of those things I don't like about Tales of games. They have like 5 story trophies and 40-45 grind/extra trophies. 

I doubt that would last a minute lol more like 10 seconds

I think it was meant a little bit different like: kill all enemies but one and just run away/dodge/whatever the minute. I don't think it's too hard but I think I will need all 40 battles even after completing the story. 

That's one of those things I don't like about Tales of games. They have like 5 story trophies and 40-45 grind/extra trophies. 

I think it was meant a little bit different like: kill all enemies but one and just run away/dodge/whatever the minute. I don't think it's too hard but I think I will need all 40 battles even after completing the story. 

...but at least you get the mini-jude and mini-milla if you worked your butt off at Tales of Xillia 1 xD

...but yeah, the trophies look a little more daunting.  It ticked me off enough trying to get them to do their own unique moves the first time, too...*sighs*....spamming is not fun.

The trophy list looks like too much of a pain to try and platinum. Sadly, i think this will be just a game i play enough to complete the story and most of the sidequests. I'll just settle with whatever trophies i get from that. I platinumed the first Xillia but i don't have to patience to do it for this game.

Still haven't platinum on Xillia 1, got just a bit more grinding to do on it and I'll have it.

These trophies look more tedious than Xillia 1, but most of it is the same roughly.

Just more grinding.  At least I'll get my monies worth out of it going for plat.  Also the skin packs are usable in both games apparently.  My CE skins work in Xillia 1.

Well at least they worked on the names and stuff a little better than they did the first one... I'm just glad there isn't a loot lord trophy.. Or is there and I'm just seeing things? Loot Lord and Pirate king for me on ToX was a pain because of having to find 800 items for Loot Lord HAHAHAHAHA lot's of back tracking there and then trying to figure out where I missed treasures at lol... Oh well ToX2 will be fun I think I hope... Been getting a bunch of titles randomly so.. eeeh.

Isn't this game exclusive for the PS3? Just Noticed there's a Second Trophy Set, and is also for the PS3 in apposed to possibly Vita....is it by chance that 1 is to keep track of the NA Region & The other The EU Region

Edit:

After looking @ the just released 2nd Xillia 2 trophy set it appears that the 1st tracked achiever on that list is from Australia...so perhaps that 1 is the EU Set & this 1 is the NA Set.

So It appears this game has 2 separate English text Region Trophy Sets in appose to sharing it.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Just saw the requirement for the Lord of Links trophy.  4050 link attacks (and that's not a typo).  If bs like that keeps up I definitely won't be getting the platinum for this game.  If I want grind-tastic trophies, I'll go play Star Ocean The Last Hope International.

I'll finally have my first trophy from this game tonight after over 12 cumulative hours of play!  :yay:

I platinumed the first Xillia, but I'm probably not even going to bother with this one. I'll just play through the game, enjoy it and whatever trophies I unlock. The platinum for this one is just too much of an annoyance for me to focus on.

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Writing here in the American Trophylist is ridiculously enough, but i can beat the previous writer. It took me litterally 16 hours to get to the end of chapter Seven where i got my first trophy... Now i am through with the Normal Ending, and what do i have? The only Trophy i got was for that Poker Game. All of the other 5 Trophies i earned until now are the Story and Ending Trophies. It will be a grindfest, thats for sure. But nothing will be as nasty as Star Ocean. I doubt that you will need over 500h+ to get to Platinum... The European List already had a Platinum-Gamer on your Release date. It lasted 5 days to get to platinum, that would be approximately 120h if you don't sleep at all. The Trophies are horrible but achievable

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...