Song/Artist that makes you change the station.

Hemiak

Don't take the easy road here. Everyone hates Justin Bieber. I'm talking about a song or band, that gets played on your primary listening station, in the/a genre you love. So if you listen to Slipknot, The Jonas Bros is not an acceptable response.

I was in high school in the 90s and that's when I really got into alt rock. STP, Bush, Soundgarden, etc. are some of my favorite bands. I'm a pretty patient guy and very loyal but when Rape Me by Nirvana comes on the radio I immediately change the channel. First, it's just not a good song, and 2nd I find the subject matter highly tasteless.

To a much lesser extent I find about 3/4ths of Metallica's library unlistenable. Yeah, they do things nobody else did and are very talented musicians, I just don't enjoy most of it.

• Like 1

If I'm ever on a playlist made by anyone, usually J-Pop or vocaloids.  I stick with J-Rock/Metal/Visual Kei, hate when people mix pop into it.  Sometimes Korean stuff is also there, I don't mind older bands like DBSK and H.O.T. but all the new ones.. ._. Meh!

Edited by DEMON

When listening to rap/hip-hop : All new songs that sound like that stupid "Pass me the Hookah" song. Drake, Lil Wayne, Iggy, etc.

When listening to any kind of rock : Bands like As I Lay Dying, who sing hardcore one minute then start singing soft melodies the next. Songs like "Welcome to the New Age" as well, couldn't change the station quick enough! xD

• Like 1

Used to hate Kiss 101 and their choice of music when I first heard it back when I was 8th grade on a school bus.  -_- Still not sure if that radio station still here or is dead. 

Like -Dark-Mark said about hip-hop. It's a pain that my mother listens to The Wiz every time that I already used to it thanks for my PSP. :D As what station they played based where Dark Mark says even I don't even know and why Iggiy is popular on the station. And, any new rapper or RnB artist that features their song a bit too much too is annoying too. Rather have a Disney station with other hip-hop stations where they spoof on saying bunch of random stuff just like this video.

xD

• 2 weeks later...

I hate when people scream into the mic while singing or those stupid-ass "cookie monster" vocals and it seems to be The Thing in what passes for heavy metal lately. Opeth is the only band I can stand who sings in that style, and that's only because the singer switches to clean singing frequently, and when he does it sounds like he has some actual talent. Other than that, forget it.

I'm a fan of The Prodigy and love pretty much everything they have done, with the exception of the song they are most associated with which is Firestarter. I just can't stand that song. I seem to have a habit of doing that with a lot of artists I like, by either hating the song that they are most famous for, or the one that was most successful for them. I dunno how it ends up that way though.

Katy Perry, Pitbull, any Gaga song that isn't Bad Romance, Imagine Dragons, and Mumford and Sons to name a few. Pretty tolerant of top 40 radio outside of those artists.

A song example would be Lorde's Royals. Never would've thought that I'd like her album as much as I do with how much I despise that track. :blah:

Edited by haveabloodmuffin