[Rumour] New Assassins Creed to be set during the American Revolution

ille1234

The next Assassin's Creed is set to feature a new protagonist and switch setting to the American Revolution, a source close to the project has told CVG.

The exciting switch to the 18th century conflict will mark the series' 'biggest instalment yet', according to Ubisoft, and our insider indicates the game will be publicly showcased before the end of the company's fiscal year on March 31.

The American setting was first hinted in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's 'Da Vinci Disappearance' DLC, which drip-fed players a set of coordinates leading to New York state, USA.

Another hint featured in the ending of latest series entry, Revelations, when a futuristic globe hovered over the US (pictured).

Perhaps the biggest indication though came late last year, when a Ubisoft survey asked fans where they'd like to see Assassin's Creed go next. The options included, "The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution."

The setting of course opens up all kinds of historical crossover possibilities for the series, including encounters with George Washington, who according to Assassin's Creed lore is in possession of an Apple of Eden.

We've contacted Ubisoft for comment.

I do not approve of this. I want big, colourful landscapes and exotic flavours all over the cities. Not the worn down, filthy streets of 18th century America :unsure:

Source: http://www.computera...olution-rumour/

i dont think thats true. remmeber after assassins creed 2 came out there were rumors of an assassins creed game during world war 2 featuring a female character? never happened.

ubisoft also said that since the game is about the end of the world in 2012, they have to finish the series by the end of 2012, so it will most likely feature desmond and only desmond, since the story of altair and ezio are finished. it is possible that there will be another assassins creed game, which will be off the 2012 story, which will feature the native americans and american towns in the 18th century, but i really doubt it. lets face it, i cant see myself playing as an assassin in a red dead redemption-like game.

• Like 1

i dont think thats true. remmeber after assassins creed 2 came out there were rumors of an assassins creed game during world war 2 featuring a female character? never happened.

ubisoft also said that since the game is about the end of the world in 2012, they have to finish the series by the end of 2012, so it will most likely feature desmond and only desmond, since the story of altair and ezio are finished. it is possible that there will be another assassins creed game, which will be off the 2012 story, which will feature the native americans and american towns in the 18th century, but i really doubt it. lets face it, i cant see myself playing as an assassin in a red dead redemption-like game.

THANX GOD for that. Lets the protagonist be a female and Iam done with this series. And this is very unlickly thanx god for that.

I agree It will be awfull if it was set on America. I still hope on an Asians history's direction (chinese or japanese will be awesome :awesome: )