Petition for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be Multiplatform

DanielVT

UJojHwdnlallUxh-556x313-noPad.jpg?140785

I encourage everyone to sign the petition to make Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider multiplatform at Change.org. We, the Playstation community need to make our voices heard. You don't just take a game that has been multi-platform for over a decade, and then say hey screw you the majority of fans on Playstation. We are only releasing the sequel to Tomb Raider (2013) on the Xbone. It's even more ludicrous because they released the definitive edition on the PS4, happily took our money, and now we don't get the sequel!!!! Needles to say, SIGN THE PETITION!!!!!! 

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-and-crystal-dynamics-rescind-the-arrangement-to-publish-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exclusively-on-xbox-one-2?recruiter=139303375&utm_campaign=twitter_link_action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

• Like 2

I am not a tomb raider fan, but I can see how this would suck for people who want the game.  I have one gripe though, if it had of been made a ps4 exclusive, would anyone who is upset about it now speak out as loudly as they are for the Xbox fans?

• Like 2

I am not a tomb raider fan, but I can see how this would suck for people who want the game.  I have one gripe though, if it had of been made a ps4 exclusive, would anyone who is upset about it now speak out as loudly as they are for the Xbox fans?

Prolly on the Xbox site. :P

In any case I signed it because the decision is ignoring the fact that the series started on two of the very platforms that are ostensibly being ignored now: PC and Playstation.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I would say they probably would but as this is a PlayStation profiles site then the PlayStation fans are gonna be louder here. Another point to make is Lara Croft in my eyes is a Sony icon and has been for 18 years. The first game also helped Sony ship millions of PS1 consoles and cement their place in the gaming world. Hopefully it's just a timed exclusive but it still sucks.

• Like 1

Do you guys seriously think that this is going to be an exclusive in the long run?

Dead Rising 3, Ryse...

The same thing will happen with this game as well.

Microsoft is known for timed exclusivity.

Minecraft is another example which was timed Microsoft (PC/XBOX) exclusive. Titanfall 2 is rumored to come to PS4.

people say xbox one needs exclusives, gets mad when xbox one gets exclusives. honestly, you people are just as bad as the people who complain that bayonetta 2 is a wii u exclusive.

The Xbox needs their own exclusive and brand new IP's, not buying out a long-running multiplatform franchise. There is a big difference. Sony doesn't buy out games, they own studios that makes brand new and successful IP's. 

• Like 3

Mass Effect was an Xbox exclusive. Resident Evil 4 was a GameCube exclusive. Metal Gear Solid 2 was a PS2 exclusive.

History tells us that great games normally find their way onto other platforms after a set amount of time. This is more than likely a timed-exclusivity deal on Microsoft's part; don't be surprised if six months later the game comes out on PS4. No studio these days would pour so much money into such a massive game, only to keep it forever tied to potentially 1/3 of the prospective market.

On a segue, I literally just loaded up the reboot of Tomb Raider five minutes ago. Time to see what all the fuss is about. :D 

• Like 4

Mass Effect was an Xbox exclusive. Resident Evil 4 was a GameCube exclusive. Metal Gear Solid 2 was a PS2 exclusive.

History tells us that great games normally find their way onto other platforms after a set amount of time. This is more than likely a timed-exclusivity deal on Microsoft's part; don't be surprised if six months later the game comes out on PS4. No studio these days would pour so much money into such a massive game, only to keep it forever tied to potentially 1/3 of the prospective market.

On a segue, I literally just loaded up the reboot of Tomb Raider five minutes ago. Time to see what all the fuss is about. :D

I just wish they would fucking tell us

Tomb Raider is my most beloved franchise, and there is literally no confirmation anywhere saying whether I will be able to ever play the new one or not, and it pisses me off.

• Like 1

Square Enix made Kingdom Hearts 3(a serie exclusive to PS) a multiplatform so they can make more money between both consoles due to their financial problems,but they make a previously multiplatform game a exclusive that will cause them less sales.

I don't understand Square Enix's moves.

Square Enix is bipolar. 

'nuff said

Aww come on guys let them have one.

They have exclusives. Titanfall & Sunset Overdrive to name a couple. Established IPs shouldn't suddenly become exclusive and abandon the console that made them. If it turns out to be a timed exclusive then I could deal with that. If it stays exclusive then it sucks.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

Wow, this is so random, im really surprised

The first one and even the re release version sold better on Playstation, maybe they really payed for the exclusive.

Sad but I guess this is how it works. We have Uncharted, so let then have Lara then :(

Nathan and Lara would make a great couple! lol  :wub: We should have both on the PS4!

You will all be playing this game in about a year. This is going to be a timed exclusive. 

I hope you are right!

Edited by DanielVT

Nathan and Lara would make a great couple! lol  :wub: We should have both on the PS4!

I hope you are right!

I think so Daniel, there is too much money to lose in sales for them not open it up to the PS4. This has happened with other gaming facets, most notably COD DLC. MS cut a deal to get first rights to all DLC content for COD games. It always releases on PS about a month later. I think we will be fine as PS fans.