Petition for Rise of the Tomb Raider to be Multiplatform

DanielVT

I just wish they would fucking tell us.

They would if they could.

While we don't know for sure if it's a timed exclusive or not, if I was MS I would make it part of the deal so that Crystal Dynamics was not allowed to talk about it for at least 3 months after the games release, when they shifted enough bundles and copies of the game so that people either picked it up for Xbone or bought a console to play the game.

Good luck with that. You'd also have to raise the money to pay back MS for the fat check they sent Square for exclusivity. 

Personally, I don't mind that it's exclusive. Now the X1 has something to compete with Uncharted.

Really though, don't worry too much, it's obviously going to be a timed exclusive. Square isn't the brightest company, but they're not that stupid. What will probably happen, is that the original game will be X1 exclusive, then the inevitable GOTY version will be released on all platforms.

Aww come on guys let them have one.

You do realize that the X1 has more exclusives in the works than the PS4 right? Like Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Scalebound, Killer Instinct 2, D4, Quantum Break, Crackdown, and Fable Legends. What does the PS4 have? Oh right, Uncharted 4, The Order, and Drive Club. Everything else is on other platforms.

Edited by ExHaseo

I just wish they would fucking tell us

Tomb Raider is my most beloved franchise, and there is literally no confirmation anywhere saying whether I will be able to ever play the new one or not, and it pisses me off.

If they told you then that would ruin the point of a timed-exclusive. The point is to get you to cough up the money for an XboxOne to play your games. If they said, "it is coming out on PS4 in 6 months" then no one would make the switch over.

They have exclusives. Titanfall & Sunset Overdrive to name a couple. Established IPs shouldn't suddenly become exclusive and abandon the console that made them. If it turns out to be a timed exclusive then I could deal with that. If it stays exclusive then it sucks.

i like the competition that this stirs up among the two companies. To me this is an opportunity for sony to add another tool to the arsenal and make things even better for all of us.

I own both consoles so this doesn't hurt me too much anyway. 

Edited by stitchesnscars

No need for petition....game will become multiplat very soon after release.Soon we will see they coming back and crying for the money of PS playas when they see their game didn't sold,just like it happened with PvZ Garden Warfare....that's where a bet on the wrong horse will take you.

Then I will wait for it to be given for free on Plus.

No need for petition....game will become multiplat very soon after release.Soon we will see they coming back and crying for the money of PS playas when they see their game didn't sold,just like it happened with PvZ Garden Warfare....that's where a bet on the wrong horse will take you.

Then I will wait for it to be given for free on Plus.

Smart :)

Let me see if I got this right...

It's all fun and laughter when Sony has some exclusives, but when the competition has one it's time to revolt?

It depends. When the next major sequel in a long running multiformat franchise, that always had a PlayStation version, suddenly is exclusive to one platform, then yes, fans can get a bit annoyed.

You do realize that the X1 has more exclusives in the works than the PS4 right? Like Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Scalebound, Killer Instinct 2, D4, Quantum Break, Crackdown, and Fable Legends. What does the PS4 have? Oh right, Uncharted 4, The Order, and Drive Club. Everything else is on other platforms.

How dare you forget Bloodborne? :)

I'm sure, if you go through all the lists of announced and confirmed games, it will even out.

Among the PS4 exclusives I'm excited for the most are also Rime, Hotline Miami 2, No Man's Sky, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Eve: Valkyrie and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

It's all fun and laughter when Sony has some exclusives, but when the competition has one it's time to revolt?

This isn't like Microsoft helping with the development of the game... or even owning the studio... They, like always, whipped out their money bags and said hear ya go.. fuck everyone else over and the monies will shine upon you... 

It's less that, and more this: Tomb Raider got its start on Sega Saturn, the first Playstation, and PC. The Saturn is mostly a defunct console these days, so that leaves Playstation and PC, which the series has been on in one form or another ever since. Now all of a sudden it seems like it's turning its back on the two of the platforms that gave it its most success. See the problem? It's like if Uncharted, a PS exclusive, suddenly went multiplatform for one game, then switched to another single platform the next game. It'd be a shocking change, because Uncharted wouldn't even be a thing without the Playstation.

Also, when Tomb Raider 2013 was remastered, from the start Crystal Dynamics said one of the reasons for this was so people would be able to play it and its sequel on next generation consoles. Plural. So what this looks like is a blatant cash grab by Microsoft thinking it will move more Xboxes to people who want to continue to play the series, and a sell out by Crystal Dynamics who have said they considered the reboot a monetary failure. So Microsoft must have thrown enough money at them that even if the sequel is a failure for, who cares, they got their money from Microsoft?

Or all that could be wrong, and it's a timed exclusive.

• Like 1

It depends. When the next major sequel in a long running multiformat franchise, that always had a PlayStation version, suddenly is exclusive to one platform, then yes, fans can get a bit annoyed.

How dare you forget Bloodborne? :)

I'm sure, if you go through all the lists of announced and confirmed games, it will even out.

Among the PS4 exclusives I'm excited for the most are also Rime, Hotline Miami 2, No Man's Sky, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Eve: Valkyrie and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I've gone through the lists I can find, and the X1 had more on every one. I'm sure they will both be updated with the Gamescom announcements, but right now, the X1 has more.

Hotline Miami 2, No Man's Sky, Eve:Valkyrie, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be on PC, so they're not exclusives. Exclusives are games you need said platform to play.

I was really only talking about retail titles, but I'll give you Rime and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I did forget about Bloodborne too. So, we're up to 6 exclusives for PS4, two of which are downloadable indie games, and 8 on the X1, and I only listed the ones I like, I know there's more.

This is really just my opinion, but the X1 games just look to be overall better quality. Nothing on PS4 really calls out to me. I'm sure there are many amusing games, but I don't think any of them are worth the $460 price tag. I'd like to clarify that I'm not a fanboy or anything, I have always had every system, and I plan on getting both of these systems too, I just don't see any reason to buy a PS4 yet.

It's already been mentioned that this game won't stay exclusive. If you even google search "Tomb Raider timed exclusive" you'll find plenty of articles backing this up. I'd said from the start that this wouldn't stay exclusive, but the hot-headed fans weren't about to listen to me...

Hotline Miami 2, No Man's Sky, Eve:Valkyrie, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be on PC, so they're not exclusives. Exclusives are games you need said platform to play.

Well, at least they are console exclusives. If you have a PC that can run all of these good for you, the more choice you have the better.

I wasn't trying to convince you that PS4 is better than X1, just trying to point out that at least between the two consoles, the PS4 has more exclusives than just 3 or 4.

I still believe that the exclusivity will happen either way, but still if there could be anyway to reach out and if they were to change their minds then why not sign it, I'm in!

It has been confirmed by Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, yesterday that it's only a timed exclusive.