Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal 'has a duration'

xVolloxx

This is what I thought, good to know.

I can't believe this, they set the internet on fire because of corporate BS speak about an exclusivity deal - gamers are smart and know what it actually was all along and only wanted to be told the truth in plain English. Gamers HATE when people like Darrell Gallagher writes the most useless rambling letter to customers telling them nothing but pure BS. These companies have got to learn to first not do idiotic exclusivity deals like this and then make them mysterious and catch every forum on fire with pissed off gamers.

The money to obtain this game as a timed exclusive could have gone somewhere more useful - like a new IP for Xbox One.

• Like 3

Still sad that I won't be able to experience at launch how Lara grown, we will have Nathan almost at the same time, so maybe this is what Microsoft wanted.

At least we will get the Rise of Tomb Raider 1080/60fps Edition

This cracks me everytime, lol.

I never thought of it this way when the reviews for uncharted (great reviews) come out and xbox gamers want something similar tomb raider will be their only option

“Right now we have a relationship with Square and Crystal on publishing the game,” Spencer confirmed. “The exact details of what publishing means and when it gets done are part of that deal - I’m not trying to be opaque about it. We will clearly spend money on marketing the game, there’s no doubt about that. And we do [that] on games where we have very little to do with development, and with games that we fully develop. And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game - I want to make sure that it’s as great as it can be.

"Similar 2 what we did on Dead Rising," so maybe a PC version  months later?

I think this whole announcement seriously backfired for MS. They tried to be coy about the details of the exclusivity deal but now has hurt their brand even more. TR will obv come out on PS4 so I'll just wait for a price drop and pick up a copy later. I have more than enough plus upcoming games to keep me occupied until then anyway!

I'm really pleased about this that Tomb Raider isn't exclusive to the Xbox One for good. I really did believe at first that it was going to be exclusive for good on the Xbox One, it would of been such a mistake if that had of happened.

I really look forward to playing this Tomb Raider and can't wait, even though who knows how long the wait will be?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

Now, obviously if I'm going to partner on it, I'm a platform holder, I'm hardly going to invest to go make the PlayStation version of any game. It is a business. So when we go invest with a partner on a big franchise, we're going to come with certain needs we have out of the relationship.

Does that mean what I think it means ?
No PS4 version possible ?

Edited by kidhero99