Multiple Trophy Lists

wildstwawberries

For the game to have a shared trophy list between the 3 systems, it would have to have cross-play and cross-save functionality. Meaning you could play on one system, then save and pick up exactly where you left off on another system. So the real question is will Minecraft be a cross-save game?

Each version is getting a physical release including the vita.

so what?

I kinda hope so. A lot of people would be dissapointed to not have there worlds on the go

he said that game will have either cross-save or not shared trophy lists. Not both. So pick one.

I feel safe knowing the game is Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition. Seems dumb for it to be ps4 vita and ps3 under that title

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2340-Minecraft

"Playstation 3 Edition" is only on the image, that could just change it.

For the game to have a shared trophy list between the 3 systems, it would have to have cross-play and cross-save functionality. Meaning you could play on one system, then save and pick up exactly where you left off on another system. So the real question is will Minecraft be a cross-save game?

Cross-Save is not always the case, and only PlayStation exclusive titles actually register trophies with the save.

so what?

he said that game will have either cross-save or not shared trophy lists. Not both. So pick one.

Well actually, on console the title is, "Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition". Maybe, "Minecraft" was the original title, either way, Sly needs to update the list on here.

Saves are compatible forward from PS3 to PSV and PS4, but you cant transfer a save from Vita or PS4 back to PS3.

We have no way of knowing if they will share lists until they are released. It might be all 3 with the same list, or PS4 and Vita share while PS3 is separate, or all three could be separate, you'll have to wait and see.

so what?

Separate physical releases tend to mean separate trophy lists more often than not......that's "what". 

One? Most recent one I can think of playing is Project Diva f.

Then you misunderstood what I said. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F has two completely separate trophy lists, one for each version of the game, one labeled PS3, one labeled PSVita. They're two games on two different systems with no connection to each other, no cross-save, so they'll have two separate trophy lists like this:

14761729960_65cd5c8d2e_o.png

There's only a few exceptions to the above, where two lists have cross-save capability, like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time, and they don't make lists like that anymore because people abuse the system.

Games with cross-save capability and have a shared trophy list, like what I was talking about, look like this:

14945312761_142c164812_o.png

You can make progress on one system, save to the cloud, and you can pick up right where you left off on another system. You earn a trophy once on any system, and that's it.

So to answer the original question, if Minecraft has a single trophy list with cross-save, it will look the Hohokum list, not like the Hatsune Miku list.

Edited by damon8r351

Then you misunderstood what I said. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F has two completely separate trophy lists, one for each version of the game, one labeled PS3, one labeled PSVita. They're two games on two different systems with no connection to each other, no cross-save, so they'll have two separate trophy lists like this:

14761729960_65cd5c8d2e_o.png

There's only a few exceptions to the above, where two lists have cross-save capability, like Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time, and they don't make lists like that anymore because people abuse the system.

Games with cross-save capability and have a shared trophy list, like what I was talking about, look like this:

14945312761_142c164812_o.png

You can make progress on one system, save to the cloud, and you can pick up right where you left off on another system. You earn a trophy once on any system, and that's it.

So to answer the original question, if Minecraft has a single trophy list with cross-save, it will look the Hohokum list, not like the Hatsune Miku list.

I played the Japan version. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1588-%E5%88%9D%E9%9F%B3%E3%83%9F%E3%82%AF-Project-DIVA-f

Even though it should be a shared trophy list... it probably won't, I just have that feeling that it won't, haha. There's several things that make the PS4 version different than the PS3 edition and even though I think developers can add platforms to existing lists - they rarely do. Also, the official title of this trophy list on PSN is "Minecraft: PlayStation®3 Edition" (but we renamed it to just Minecraft on this site) and the thumbnail image also says the same, so sadly, there will probably be separate lists (with the possibility of some different trophies here and there). That being said, I wish it would be a shared list, it would be much more organized, lol

I hope Gta 5 does since i can't be arsed to do that game again

Gah, I really, really hope that will be one list - If not, I'm just gonna make another PSN account to play with my friends on that, haha

Edited by BlindMango