Should Star Wars: The Old Republic come to consoles?

cerblah

It would make sense in a corporate point of view, and we all know EA focuses on corporate stuff. It would also be very nostalgic since you're basically going to play a newer version of Knights 1 and 2 and bring awareness that this game exist to those that don't like PC gaming. You know who I'm talking to. Anyways, do you think this would be a good idea? Comment below and let me know!

The game is free on PC, and it doesn't take a beast to run the game either. 

How would this make sense from a corporate POV? Porting a free game to consoles knowing that the game has had poor reception from the community would only make EA's profit margin deplete, and we all know what will happen if EA is affected - microtransactions, baby!

The game is shit.

Shit needs to be buried.

How would this make sense from a corporate POV? Porting a free game to consoles knowing that the game has had poor reception from the community would only make EA's profit margin deplete, and we all know what will happen if EA is affected - microtransactions, baby!

The game is shit.

Shit needs to be buried.

When the game went free to play, it did so with a well-kept and constantly updated microtransaction store. That happened a while back now and if it moved to console it would probably do so in exactly the same way as DC Universe Online.

The game now has a community over 1 million players. Even if a small percentage of those use micro-transactions it is still turning a good profit.

I played the first month on release, it was by no means shit. The storylines were great, combat was enjoyable. It fell on its ass with some of the gameplay though and a poor community team - especially the space missions and end game content. But they seem to have slowly made an effort to fix all that. Judging by some of the recent content, things are looking alot better when the game released.

I'd be interested in playing this on a console, sure. Whether I have time to play it is another thing entirely hehe

Edited by Captain_Cutscene

I tried it a few years ago seem as I'm a big fan of MMO's on PC. I was really looking forward to this one as I like the Star Wars universe and I enjoyed the previous Star Wars games by Bioware. But this game 'meh'. I've never played an MMO so boring in my life  the most enjoyable thing about it was light sabers and even they got dull after awhile.

I wouldn't mind if it came to consoles though,  would definitely give it another shot.

As a SW fan, yes i really want to try it on console. Also KotOR series should be released on console.

I really enjoyed playing swtor both before and after it went free to play, but I don't think it would be a good idea.

They should just release Kotor and Kotor II on consoles instead

Uh, guys, KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were both on Xbox...

The game is shit.

Shit needs to be buried.

I was going to say sure it's worth a shot, but after your negative opinion of it (and good points), I'll say keep it on the PC! lol

Edited by DanielVT