inFAMOUS First Light will end up being a better game than Second Son

domp4484

Am i the only one that thinks first light is going to blow people away. I think most are expecting just more of the same. InFAMOUS is one of my favorite series and dont get me wrong i def liked second son but i think sony rushed SP because they needed a systwm seller more than anything. They needed more time they didnt have and i think SP is going to make up for it with first light in a big way. As soon as i heard this smaller game would have a plat it confirmed it for me. The battle arenas will do for infamous what challenge mode does for arkham games. With the new dash and improved melee attacks the combat will also improve. First light will catch people by surprise. Are you expecting big things or just basically more sec son?

I honestly think they know it wasnt worth $60 so what they are doing with first light is makong sure both combined are worth your $75. I do think this will go down as the best standalone dlc of all time bc it is so much more than that

This is not festival of blood or blood dragon. Those are what we are used to as really good stand alone dlc. Those dont have platinum trophies and never could. I beleive in sucker punch they are one of only developers i do believe in. Just remember me when it happens and if i am wrong feel free to rub it in. Im confident in first light

I wouldn't doubt it - Second Son was a great game but it also really suffered from having a really mediocre story - if this standalone version has a great story (and I think you'll have access to Seattle in it too), then it has the potential to possibly be better - we shall see!  :hmm:

• Like 1

It's not as if Second Son set the bar high for First Light to beat. SS was a massive disappointment - from the main character, the powers, the plot, it was all sub-par. With First Light though you have the opposite. The main character is actually interesting, motherfucking neon in all its glory (ie. no video, that was shit), and a look behind the scenes into what Augustine was doing!

First Light is one of the few new games that I'm actually looking forward to. I just hope that it's not a let down.

I honestly think they know it wasnt worth $60 so what they are doing with first light is makong sure both combined are worth your $75. I do think this will go down as the best standalone dlc of all time bc it is so much more than that

This is not festival of blood or blood dragon. Those are what we are used to as really good stand alone dlc. Those dont have platinum trophies and never could. I beleive in sucker punch they are one of only developers i do believe in. Just remember me when it happens and if i am wrong feel free to rub it in. Im confident in first light

There's no way that this DLC will make up for the lack of content in SS for only 15$, that's how this business goes sadly

There's no way that this DLC will make up for the lack of content in SS for only 15$, that's how this business goes sadly

Lack of content? are you fucking kidding? there was so much more to do in ISS than in the past games, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I wouldn't get your hopes too up. It's still just DLC. Nothing that's only 3-4 hours long (at best) is going to be all that great.

Technically its a stand alone game not DLC.  

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Lack of content? are you fucking kidding? there was so much more to do in ISS than in the past games, you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Do you seriously think that Infamous SS had enough content? Makes me think that you're a fanboy, 'cause it doesn't have enough content for a 60$ price tag! I got about 20 hours out of this game... Normally I get between 50-100 hours out of a game

Your confidence level and boldness to this game is quite high my friend! I'll give that to you!  :yay: 

I didn't had the chance to play both Infamous 1&2 in the PS3 and all of its DLCs'.

So I really enjoyed and loved SS. And I'll be the first to tell you that the way SP did with FETCH in SS is quite short and rushed.

So I was looking for more..I was even hoping that towards the end of SS, SP will expand on fetch side of story.

But I guess, with First Light, SP had done justice to the story they want to tell about fetch.

BUT like what they say..."we shall see:hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm: 

-Razgriz

Do you seriously think that Infamous SS had enough content? Makes me think that you're a fanboy, 'cause it doesn't have enough content for a 60$ price tag! I got about 20 hours out of this game... Normally I get between 50-100 hours out of a game

Yea it had more than enough,  20 hours is worth $60 for me, its your fault that you felt you didn't get your money's worth.

It's not a stand alone game, it's classified as standalone DLC. So, it's technically DLC, because it's called.... DLC. And it still won't have very much content because of this. It will likely be just like Festival of Blood, except canon.

Edited by ExHaseo

It's not a stand alone game, it's classified as standalone DLC. So, it's technically DLC, and still won't have very much content. 

It'll have enough content to be considered a good standalone infamous game, although Its not DLC because its separate from SS, usully DLC is just an add on to the existing game.

You should expect more for 60$...

Not every game has to be 50 to 100 hours to be worth the $60 price tag...look at The Last of Us, it ends up taking right around 15 hours to complete the story.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

Not every game has to be 50 to 100 hours to be worth the $60 price tag...

True, but what did SS offer? A kind of dull story of 10 hours that you could play through 2 times (it was basically almost the same thing) and some side activities...

Trust me, I believed that this game would kick ass and I trusted SP, but I regret buying it day one

True, but what did SS offer? A kind of dull story of 10 hours that you could play through 2 times (it was basically almost the same thing) and some side activities...

Trust me, I believed that this game would kick ass and I trusted SP, but I regret buying it day one

Sucks for you, but I'm glad I bought it day 1, I still play it to this day, there was a lot of side activities to do so you're wrong again. oh and if you need a game with a deep story to enjoy it then maybe you have a problem.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

So you mean First light will be one of the few games standalone DLC has beaten the base game in quality?

There is some limited precident for this - Minervas Den was significantly better thsn Bioshock 2, Red Dead was great, but the Undead Nightmare was arguably better in terms of missions, Lair of the Shadowbroker and thr other story DLC for Mass Effect 2 were btter than any individual missions in that game (of course, all good games without dlc, I just mean the dlc was where the best content lay)

• Like 2

I agree with you.

And i only got like 15 hours max from it, and thats if you take it slow. All the side stuff was pretty repetive and not that interesting, it was a pretty good game in my eyes but was no where near the $60 price tag [or $80 in Australian case].

First Light looks awesome though, the story already looks more interesting. and Neon ftw.

• Like 1

I wouldn't get your hopes too up. It's still just DLC. Nothing that's only 3-4 hours long (at best) is going to be all that great.

I dont know about that... I bought the the Issac Clarke costume in LittleBigPlanet and it is the best dlc, heck its better than payday 2

I guess i will buy first light, and if i like it I will buy Second Son

Edited by Fierce_DeityX1

What a jackoff

Nah Delsin was the best chracter, Fetch is nothing but a pathetic druggie that isn't that interesting to begin with. I don't see what others see in that bitch.

I just didn't like Delsin, cole was a much better lead and fetch had a much better back story than Delsin just my opinion

• Like 1