SAVE THE VITA

wildstwawberries

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix hitting Vita would be a major boost and that long-time wished Rogue Galaxy HD for the Vita would also mean good news :D

In terms of hit titles, Infamous and GTA seem pretty good ideas as you mentioned. A Devil May Cry, a sequel for Gravity Rush and keeping Tearaway as a Vita franchise despite Unfolded would also be nice.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

What announcment / game do you think would be able to save the vita?

I think an inFamous game and a GTA game would be enough to at least prolong its life. And if sony said that it wasnt going to be the PS4's bitch for all eternity

Well, Gravity Rush 2 is coming, but I'm not sure that Sony is really developing anything else super big. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been researching this extensively this week. Sony has said that there are some pretty big third-party titles in the works and some more great indies coming so who knows. They also said they most certainly have not given up on the Vita but their initial outlook has changed. They are really thinking that PS Now will be a great feature for the system. Who knows. I'm hoping for some big games but I have no clue. The PS3 was doomed at first, but they stuck it out and it eventually passed the 360 is sales, so who knows what the future holds! There are still tons of games that I intend on playing on the Vita and don't see myself running out anytime soon. I hope for more, but I'm relatively content at the moment.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 1

Well, Gravity Rush 2 is coming, but I'm not sure that Sony is really developing anything else super big. I hope I'm wrong, but I've been researching this extensively this week. Sony has said that there are some pretty big third-party titles in the works and some more great indies coming so who knows. They also said they most certainly have not given up on the Vita but their initial outlook has changed. They are really thinking that PS Now will be a great feature for the system. Who knows. I'm hoping for some big games but I have no clue. The PS3 was doomed at first, but they stuck it out and it eventually passed the 360 is sales, so who knows what the future holds! There are still tons of games that I intend on playing on the Vita and don't see myself running out anytime soon. I hope for more, but I'm relatively content at the moment.

Im super hyped for hotline miami 2 and ill be SUPER excited for gravity rush 2 after i beat/plat the first one

Personally I think the vita has a ton of good titles already and the release of one or two big titles won't improve the sales of the console. The general marketing approach just isn't very good, The console could do with a slight reduction in price, and the memory cards should have a reduction by at least another 25% as well. Making a bundle with the ps4 for like € 539,99 or something, would be something to consider, yes not profitable initially, but it could turn out profitable in the long run. Of course it's not much of an option now, as this should have been done with the release of the console and not almost a year later.

What doesn't help either are the retailers only having a handful of vita games for sale, no matter where I go there are at most 8-9 different vita games for sale, half of them being 2nd hand.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

I still haven't purchased a game for my Vita. Running off the PS+ titles and Lego titles bundled in. 

I think the Playstation TV will come as a blow but the Vita is still useful when travelling. Plus in my case we only have the one TV so my trusty Vita will come in useful for alot longer yet! 

Only Devs trying to Save the Vita, Sony the one who made its device just don't care and i find that simply amazing

i have made my advance to help Vita by not buying PS4 (wouldn't have done it anyways for many reasons: overpriced/ no games/ overheats easily/ etc)

There is just so much to say about Sony behavior that it would only infuriate everyone lol...

take that gamescon for example Sony simply ignore Vita to its best, didn't even bother telling that Disgaea 4 soon comming for Vita too

Sony doesn't want to give Vita a chance but let's not lose hope yet since i got more great games for Vita in 2 years than i did for PSP in 5 years.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku
  • Like 2

There's no AAA diversity on the Vita. No Arpgs,Srpgs,Adventure Action and others. While we have a healthy(Sometimes too many) selection of JRPGs, these games are from third party developers who don't really delve into diversity. Sony could have easily asked Bend to make a last of us prequel, Bethesda to port over fallout 1, fallout 2 and the first elder scrolls game and many other thing but they didn't. I guess we'll just have to rely on good third parties. 

Edited by GalaxyPaladin

There's no AAA diversity on the Vita. No Arpgs,Srpgs,Adventure Action and others. While we have a healthy(Sometimes too many) selection of JRPGs, these games are from third party developers who don't really delve into diversity. Sony could have easily asked Bend to make a last of us prequel, Bethesda to port over fallout 1, fallout 2 and the first elder scrolls game and many other thing but they didn't. I guess we'll just have to rely on good third parties. 

But is it fair to even expect a AAA game from a portable console? Its not like AAA prices are being charged even for the most popular titles on the platform. Any time a game was ported or exclusively released on a portable platform, its been a scaled back version of its console counterpart.

Edited by merciful84

might turn ps3 and ps4 user off and made them so mad " well' i'm included " but doing a remake or an HD remaster with trophies support of dark cloud & dark chronicle in a collection exclusively for the Vita.

releasing a remake or an HD remaster with trophies support of rouge galaxy exclusively for the Vita. releasing an HD remaster with trophies support of GTA san andreas.

releasing an HD remaster collection with trophies support for ape escape 1, 2 and 3 exclusively for the Vita.

making an Exclusive Vita only game, the last of us ( put a proper name here ), where you play bill's story of the game.

Half Life 3 announced as a Vita exclusive would break the Internet.

That would be pretty sweet but a heck of a lot PC gamers would be pissed beyond belief.

I personally think Vita is fine as it is. Games are not missing for sure, there are a lot of them to be released in the near future, and I mean quality ones, especially from indie developers.

Problem is people's shallow perception of the device (Vita "haz no gamez", indie games are not worthwhile, and so on), and also no care from some high-profile developers because all they want is an easy pile of money.

^ THIS

I agree with what a lot of people are saying about the price of memory cards. Sony is clearly taking advantage of their own "anti-piracy" initiative with the ridiculous price point.

Edited by merciful84