No Man's Sky is unfathomably big... I mean... BIG!

ShadowGandalf

I read a while back your goal was to get to the center of the universe, is that not the case anymore? Because that what take an obscene amount of time. I'd like to know how many unique landscapes/assets there are, because technically games like Minecraft are infinite, but all the worlds are similar.

I read a while back your goal was to get to the center of the universe, is that not the case anymore? Because that what take an obscene amount of time. I'd like to know how many unique landscapes/assets there are, because technically games like Minecraft are infinite, but all the worlds are similar.

They said that reaching the center is something players CAN work towards if they want, but it's not a required goal. It's a "Make your own story" game.

They said that reaching the center is something players CAN work towards if they want, but it's not a required goal. It's a "Make your own story" game.

Is it even a possible goal anymore? It might've been when they were still using the 32 bit instead of the 64 bit.

I read somewhere that it would now take like 6 billion (yes with a b.) years to discover every planet if you spent only 1 second per planet! At a 32-bit model (like they originally planned) it would take 4-5 thousand years to visit every planet if you spent 1 second on each planet.

That's quite the jump! :o

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

The game sounds like it's going to be awesome.. probably gonna be the first true "everyone plays it differently" game.  Since so many games say this but there is like only a couple to several ways of playing it.. this pretty much has infinite ways since it'll never be possible to explore everywhere..

The size this game is going to be though.. that is my main concern.