Most Recent Platinum

Muff

6 hours ago, SirDave1988 said:

40-platinum.png # 70 - Jak and Daxter : The Precursor Legacy (PS Vita)

1Lc42e03.png

Top of the Heap 
You have mastered the game and collected all there is to collect!

Well, that was way more difficult than I remember it being on the PS3 for some reason. 

Much like the original God of War on the Vita, the slightly worse controls and slightly nerfed port of this PS2 classic turn this platinum from slightly to very difficult indeed. While the game is still pretty enjoyable, this is in my opinion, the worse Vita port of a PS2 HD remaster I've played yet, with a noticeably reduced frame rate making for trickier controls.

I was intending to do the whole trilogy of this series again on the Vita. However, after this experience and hearing that the next 2 entries in this trilogy are EVEN worse ports in terms of frame rate and controls, I might hold off.

You're better off waiting for the PS4 versions to come out.

Unless you want a bunch of rare trophies I would avoid Jak II and III on the Vita.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SirDave1988 said:

1Lc42e03.png

Top of the Heap 

Well, that was way more difficult than I remember it being on the PS3 for some reason. 

Much like the original God of War on the Vita, the slightly worse controls and slightly nerfed port of this PS2 classic turn this platinum from slightly to very difficult indeed. While the game is still pretty enjoyable, this is in my opinion, the worse Vita port of a PS2 HD remaster I've played yet, with a noticeably reduced frame rate making for trickier controls.

I was intending to do the whole trilogy of this series again on the Vita. However, after this experience and hearing that the next 2 entries in this trilogy are EVEN worse ports in terms of frame rate and controls, I might hold off.

Yes because the Vita versions are evidently inferior indeed. PS2/PS3(/PS4 ideally) run at 60FPS. Vita (like Sly's and in assumption R&C) versions are capped at 30FPS. For whatever reason, it can't stay at 30 as consistently as the PS3 version does at 60. The V-version terrible fr are noticeable at the start screen, which I, IGN, and others have noticed. People actually say a combination of J2 runs the best and JaD runs the best. I can't confirm right now which is best because I skipped J2 and instead did J3 after JaD.

• Like 2

Plat# 32

Champion of Berseria

Enjoyment 9/10

Difficulty 4/10

Velvet's journey was a fun one (not for her) and the combat system was pretty good too. The only thing that makes this game even slightly difficult to plat is a couple trophies are really grindy. A Solid B and Making a Mint were pretty annoying. Also getting certain bosses to use their mystic artes got pretty annoying. If going for the plat, I would recommend 2 playthroughs. Now onto Berserk's Platinum, maybe. Or maybe something less grindy first. Like Telltale's Batman

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SirDave1988 said:

1Lc42e03.png

Top of the Heap 

Congrats.  I played Jak II on the Vita late last year and while it was no where near as good as it was on the PS2/PS3 it was still playable enough.  There is also a secrets glitch that will give you invincibility and ammo which makes the game somewhat easier to complete, see the forum on the game for details if your interested.

Have not managed to go back and do Jak III myself yet but someday I will.

• Like 2

plat #173 Skylanders Trap Team (ps3)

completed in 6 days and 21 hours

platinum rarity 7.36% rare

platinum name: IMPOSSIBLE!!!

pro tips: invest into a kaos trap, it helps tons against the final in nightmare mode

finally took down the villain of the game this morning, lost one skylander had to use my backup and lasted the whole time just time consuming survival. have a change of plans going to start steins gate and shelve god of war for now. next game is stein's gate going to start  that on ps3. then it changes from there.

it happens to be my first visual novel.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1