Most Recent Platinum

Muff

10 hours ago, Lars said:

Went back to my PS3 for a day to finish up 2 games, one i was already very close to platinum, the other one i still had to start but was very short and easy

#104: Superstars V8 Racing

1L9c0985.png

This is a very basic racing game from the early days of the playstation 3. Platinum wise it is very easy although it takes a while, about 20 hours is my assumption.

You feel that it is an old game. From the graphics to the gameplay, it feels old and a bit clunky, but not bad or unenjoyable. If you like racing games than this will be a game that will have it's enjoyable moments. There is one very big point that i have though. This game sometimes freezes for a couple of seconds like a buffer moment in a youtube video. The only problem is, the game continues, so when the buffering is done you can find yourself in the gravel next to the track which is very annoying. Especially in the last corner when you have an opponent close behind you. If you want an easy platinum you can buy this one, i believe in the us it is often on sale for very low prices. Beware though that the game is very old and you'll notice that.

Difficulty: 3/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

#105: Mayhem

1L929657.png

A demolition derby racing game with very strange graphics. Just black and white. Handling is very bad but the game is still fun. Just crashing into other cars is loads of fun and the game is also very easy apart from some late game events. Platinuming the game takes only 5 hours or one evening for me. It was fun, but it shouldn't take longer because the bad handling was getting very annoying late in the game. Especially in the races. AI is very cheap though and the rubberbanding is horrible in the races. Those were also the least fun events. Random trophies were very easy, had all of them before chapter 4 i believe.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Still looking for Mayhem 3D.

Two more platinums taking my total to 6 platinums in 5 days..

#192 - Bound By Flame

1L1bbe32.png

This game gets a lot of flak and I feel it's not really deserved. Sure it doesn't compare to the high budget AAA games but for what it's trying to achieve I feel it does pretty well. The story is good, albeit a little short, there's branching missions depending on what option you choose and I enjoyed playing it quite a lot. As for downsides, the combat takes a bit of getting used to and without the right build (or weapon choice) it can be very difficult as enemies take forever to kill. Near the end of the game you end up fighting a bunch of bosses, however they're all almost identical fights, leaving you to do the same fight almost 5 times which gets a bit annoying.

#193 - Energy Balance

1Lac4ff6.png

Not much to say about this game really. The last hardcore level was pretty tough so I had to run a code to finish that but all the other levels seemed easily doable.

• Like 4

:platinum:  #173 Blackwood Crossing

1Ld62bfa.png

Interesting little game with a good story, if it only weren't so short. Could've been even more memorable with a slower pace, were you could explore a few extra places and make more use of the powers you have.

• Like 2

:platinum: - #101 - Back to the Future: The Game (PS4)

1Lecf755.png

i played the old version of the game years ago, and when the 30th anniversary edition came out being the BttF fan I am I had to grab it. Then it sat in my backlog for quite some time like many other games. I enjoyed the game, and thought it was well written and fits in perfectly with the movies. Its a nice continuation from a group of people who are fans of the movies, so its not a disgrace to the them. Telltale also took the unusual step of having one of the co-creators get involved in the story creation as well.If you're a fan of Back to the Future I'd check this out if you haven't already done so.

Sadly its just a generic platinum trophy icon, but seeing as how the original PSN version didn't have a platinum its not a real shocker. Being one of the first Telltale games, the mechanics of the game aren't refined as well as the later games. There are a lot of missable trophies and no rewind option. If you're not going to use a walkthrough or a guide I recommend making use of all the save slots to avoid having to start episodes from the beginning again. A lot of reports coming from the forums stated that the PS4 version was buggy. I had no issues with the game personally, save for times when the BGM was louder than the voices and sometimes they even seemed to cut out completely.

• Like 1

#192 Virginia

1L95a466.png

Pretty simple ply to tell the truth, just have to do 2 play through for a trophy. 

Found it pretty okay and was getting what was going on till there was masked people and a UFO =P

Edited by Hanzoadam
  • Like 1