Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#287 - GRAVITY RUSH 2

As a big fan of the original Gravity Rush, I am quite sad to say I was very disappointed with the sequel.

The graphics and the world are greatly improved and expanded, and the feel of the controls is as fun as ever, but this time the missions felt overlong, infuriatingly limited in scope and far to relient on limiting the use of the very powers that make the game fun.

there are a huge number of 'insta-fail' stealth sections that require a boring, trial-and-error approach to finding the path the designers want you to take, an over abundence of additional control methods (none of which add much to the game, and all of which feel less good than the basic controls) and every boss fight seems unnecessarily long and dull. 

The challanges are good fun still, though some require a level of fine control that the game cannot match, and so end up being a bit more luck-based than they should be.

the most fun part of the game is simply flying around the environment collecting gems - which feels great - but a tip for games designers: If you create a great feeling game mechanic, don't then build game missions that constantly restrain the player from using those mechanics!

A damn shame, and what feels like a real squandered oppertunity.

• Like 4

platinum #205 Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
completed in 3 days and 21 hours

platinum rarity 27.56% uncommon

platinum name: True Warrior

that is done. going to pick one that i really want to play Just cause 3 is next looks to be 51-75 hours without DLC. not so concerned about framerate.

likely to have my next physical game on the ready after the next one (not sure what will be next choice) maybe dynasty warriors 7 is a possibility.

Edited by kingdrake2

Medal of honour frontline PS3, bad aiming no checkpoints, enemies can shoot u through walls, if u finish a level with hardly any health u start the next level with the same amount , it's a classic don't get me wrong  but my god it's tough very tough on hard mode. Least the bread tastes tasty?

Just now, Spaz said:

Platinum #114: Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter (September 11th, 2017)

1L75ed0b.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Excitement: 6/10

Estimated Time to Platinum: 8 - 9 Hours

Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter is the second Sherlock game I've played and platted. Also the second title I've played from Frogwares.

Devils Daughter has much of the same gameplay that was present in Crimes and Punishments, so since I already talked about that game in length I don't really need to explain how this game works since they're both very much identical. Unfortunately Devils Daughter wasn't all that great of a title to play through, mostly due to the excessive QTE sequences.

Starting off, I get one of the most bizarre starts I've seen in a long while. Sherlock Holmes is basically running through the wilderness, with no explanation as to why. Turns out he was being hunted, which is the main plot in the first case as various people have gone up missing.

The forest section in the case is one long aggravating QTE sequence. Basically you have to dodge incoming bullets, which Sherlock somehow knows how to do as he hides behind rocks, trees and picks one of two paths to continue. One of these two paths is always a dead end, which means restarting from the latest checkpoint. Later on Sherlock comes to a swamp, and he has to use his Detective Vision to find a clear path out of it. Apparently wandering too far from the path results in him suddenly falling into a pithole, leading to his death and therefore another restart from the latest checkpoint.

To cut a long story short, putting that long section into the game was bullshit. Sherlock is supposed to be solving cases and analyzing clues in a methodical manner, not trying to outrun a crazed hunter. Almost as equally bad is a lengthy bit in the second case where Sherlock envisions himself inside a Mayan temple. Now technically he didn't really visit that temple, he saw a model of the temple that his potential suspects explored and therefore threw himself into it. So was I playing a Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, Uncharted game? Apparently I was there for a while, because I had to pull levers, navigate through two rooms with traps on the floors and wander through hallways that only serve to annoy the player. Completely unnecessary.

There were a couple QTE sequences involving eavesdropping on a conversation, using the L and R sticks on the PS4 controller for balance. Not a very good way to do eavesdropping, as it was more annoying than enjoyable. Even a bar brawl, which could of been quite alright had the execution been good, was poorly implemented, leaving me to wonder what Frogswares was thinking when they designed it. Nearly all of the new QTE sequences in this game were a hindrance, and were very unnecessary for what is supposed to be a crime solving game.

Despite my issues with The Devils Daughter, the game does come through on a good note at times. I enjoyed questioning all the potential suspects and witnesses for the cases, testing a theory at the experiment table in Sherlock's home, analyzing the evidence in the evidence room at Scotland Yard, looking over a dead body for any clues, and piecing together everything I've collected, learn and done in a case to form a conclusion. Watching all the conclusions in a single case was a bit fun, because I can see how different conclusions lead to different results. 

The best one was Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper but it had no trophy support for the PS3 at the time. But I enjoyed all of them. I love puzzle games like this or the broken sword series, broken sword 5 is a great game if u ain't tried it yet easy plat to, note that the vita version does not have a plat but the ps4 does.

• Like 3