Most Recent Platinum

Muff

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

1Ldb367f.png

Plat # ???...Plat Rain #6 

Remember Me

Finally got around to playing this for the Plat Rain and I am so torn on this platinum. I REALLY loved the game at the beginning but as I played more of it the little things became big things and I ended up getting more and more down on it. It is still a good game...but it could have been great.

The Good

The music was fantastic throughout the whole game. Seriously one of my favourite gaming soundtracks in a long time. It really added to the Cyberpunk feel the game had going on and was a joy to listen to. 

The Atmosphere as well was fantastic. I liked the world that was created and I will actually talk about that more in the bad. The world around you gave off this fantastical vibe that made you want to learn more about the lore and how we got to this way of being.

The combo creation was good and added to the gameplay...but...let us move on to the bad.

The Bad

As I said I enjoyed the combo creation but I think while it added to the gameplay it wasn't developed far enough that it added a substantial amount to the gameplay. I wish instead of just 4 different Pressins you actually could customize your combos and attach gun attacks in there or aerial attacks or anything else. So often my combos would get interrupted because you are being attacked from all sides (including above) and I found relying on my 3 hit combo was the only way to get anything done and that isn't a fun way to get through the game :(

The atmosphere was so good that I wanted to know more about it. I would pass by shops that would have this little floating sign...but you couldn't do anything at it. Why couldn't this game have incorporated some RPG elements that allowed you to shop at stores for upgrades or anything like that. Also this game makes such a big deal about the memories and different class systems but you barely get to see any of that. If the world was expanded on more maybe we could have seen more memory hunters, how the citizens feel about what is happening, the resistance, more with the leapers...anything. We just kept getting thrown into set pieces and were told "things happened off screen" and I just had to believe them. There were all these characters that I got introduced to...only for them to completely disappear. And then the "twist"

OK I am not going to spoil the game but MAN that was a weak ass twist. I ruled that twist out because it was so stupid...and then they did it. I mean everything was so easily solved and even after you manipulate memories...people just change their whole perspective. I mean (look in the spoiler tags for the rest of my rant)

Reveal hidden contents

all Nilin had to do was talk to her dad and none of this would have happened? Her mom really went to destroy the world because she got in a car accident and blamed their daughter. Even if both her parents changed their minds...the world is already complete shit. I mean there is no turning back after the decade of destructing that their company put the world through. And is it even the whole world or just New Paris? I mean what a stupid waste of a cool story concept.

So in conclusion a good game with some annoying flaws that brings it down in my eyes :(

Doc, quick question, you did not mention the mini games in the good, you did not remember them? :P

Totally agree, the lack of exploration and combo system limited to short combos due a poor implemented design (tiny combat areas mixed sometimes unfriendly camera,etc) hurt this product a lot.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 2