Most Recent Platinum

Muff

英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution

1Laef220.png

:platinum:『零』を極めし者 
全てのトロフィーを取得した。

Finally... I loved this game, but I ran into quite a few problems, mostly with the trophies. I could've finished this sooner, but it seems that the game itself was opposed to me getting the platinum. I never had any problems with the other Kiseki Evo games, but this one... First of all, it froze quite often. I'd say it froze about 10 times throughout my three playthroughs, usually during battles. The absolute worst time was when I had nearly beat the final boss, and it froze. I'm not quite sure that's the best way to describe it, though. After using an art, the sound effects became completely muted. Not only that, but every action was severely delayed after the sound effects stopped working. For example, if I used an attack, nothing would happen for about two minutes, then the attack would happen. I went on trying to win under these bullshit conditions, but eventually the game couldn't take it anymore and froze completely. Needless to say, I had to fight the final boss all over again. And to top it all off, the only reason I needed to beat the final boss again was due to a trophy not unlocking when it should have. When I beat the game on nightmare, I only got the trophy for clearing the game on nightmare. It should have unlocked the hard trophy as well, but it didn't. Here are some screenshots of when I had the points for clearing nightmare, but not hard:

Spoiler

CqfZALW.jpg

zUVkFXP.jpg

• Like 4

:platinum: #81 - ICEY

1L065889.png

Hastur

Earn all trophies

Really fun little game, first Chinese developed game I've played on consoles if I remember correctly. Plays like a really tight action platformer but there's a metagame to it as well. I really enjoyed this take on the genre, think Bastion but instead of listening to the narrator hinting at what you're supposed to do, you're deliberately going against his wishes in ICEY. Some parts were really goofy where the narrator would make fun of certain issues in the game industry and even make fun of you collecting trophies :P  

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 3

#284 Assassin's Creed III Liberation for PS Vita. This game took me forever to finish, because I hated it. I have enjoyed most Assassin's Creed games but this one was awful. The story was boring, the voice acting was awful, the 100% synch requirements on a couple levels were annoying, and the multi-player was grindy and boring. Would not recommend this game to anyone. Even if you enjoy the Assassin's Creed franchise, you can skip this one.

• Like 1

#176 - Farming Simulator for PlayStation Vita (53rd plat of 2017) - 23.14% COMMON

1L79c4c2.png

This is a very easy yet grindy game which was actually perfect for the busy holiday period.  The game does an awful job of explaining how to play as there is no tutorial but I found this link online http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/feature.asp?c=43736 which is great for giving you what you need to know to play.  Worst trophy for me was the drive 1,000km as I'd completed every other trophy just short of 800km and needed to grind the 200km by just driving around.

Overall 4/10 enjoyment and 2/10 difficultly

• Like 2

#99 Forma.8

1L0c8b1c.png

Unlock all other trophies

Rare: 11.76%

Dificulty: 2/10

Enjoyement: 5/10

A really easy and interesting one, is not a bad game but I didnt find it fun to myself phearps oyu can find it better. You only have to end the game and get all collectibles and some secrets to get this one. Hope soon to get my #100 to end the year with gold.

crespino97.png

Edited by crespino97
  • Like 2

A bit late with this Plat overview, but here it is:

PLATINUM #28: STEAMWORLD HEIST

Difficulty: [4] -- Enjoyment: [7]

I honestly can't complain about this game since I got over 70 hours out of it. But that's also a cause for concern: 70 hours of simply bumbing up the difficulty and chasing ineffectual hats. The game could have used some variety (gunslinger minigames, anyone?). The dlc should have also been part of the main game. Still had fun.

PLATINUM #29: BASTION

Difficulty: [5] -- Enjoyment: [6]

I know many love this game; I thought it kinda good. For an Indie game, it's well done. Just didn't click with me in all directions. While the narration was smooth, after a while I wanted to hear other characters speak. But full and singular voice narration is better than no voice narration. Decent game.

PLATINUM #30: SHOVEL KNIGHT: TREASURE TROVE

Difficulty: [6] -- Enjoyment [8.5]

This game was a lot of fun. I had actually been worried about my Platforming skills, but I stuck with the game and enjoyed it. Memorizing all the stages and boss patterns was a good work out. Plague Knight gave me hell at first cause his movements were wild, frenzied and seemingly random; figured him out though. The lesson I learned with the game is that with the Phase Locket, all things are possible. I'll say this though, I'm unsure if I'll go for 100%. The Dlc just doesn't draw me. I'm guessing it's like 6 extra playthroughs but for a total of 2 bronze and 2 silver trophies. Maybe I'll revisit it down the line. But generally speaking, the game was pretty satisfactory.

Edited by SpellbladeKnight
  • Like 3

Platinum #58

AER - Memories of the Old

r3ju0gS.png

Fun: 5/10

Difficulty: 1/10

Yl9yixe.png

Pilgrim
Explore the Land of Gods.

All 21 Trophies 
December 28th 2017  Completed in 1 hour, 53 minutes

A fun game and a very easy plat. The face of the girl you're playing kept reminding me of Tomb raider 1 on the first playstation.

Weird looking "old" graphics.

Kinda fun exploring game with not to hard puzzles

• Like 4

:platinum:  #239 Claire (PSVita Version)

Lf4c693.png

1Lda409f.png

Completionist

Acquire all trophies.

What a nice little indie horror game, right out of Silent Hill's playbook. The sounds are similar, Claire looks like good old Heather Mason, and the story could easily fit into the world of Silent Hill too. I really enjoyed my blind run on normal difficulty. It's always exciting to explore the different areas for the first time and check every room for collectibles or usable items. However Nightmare difficulty had so many bugs that I stopped counting. Every time i died, the brightness went from 100 back to 5. The controls changed randomly as well, which made it tougher than it otherwise would've been. Thankfully the game can be beaten in around 30 minutes to an hour, so retrying the sections from the last save to the next isn't much of a challenge, even if the game decides to mess with you again.

• Like 4