Most Recent Platinum

Muff

9 minutes ago, Red_August said:

Ld505fc.png

Collectomaniac

1L90fa50.png

Now that this is done, all I can say is

superthumb.jpg

I mean, it delivers what it promises. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm glad I played it, but I'm not really clamoring for a sequel. It was fun to revisit those old days, but maybe that's where they belong.

It’s supposed to be a throwback to Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie. Since I was a N64 guy, this is a must buy for me. 

Shame so many people are not liking this game. I thought it was going to be a hit like Undertale.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It’s supposed to be a throwback to Super Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie. Since I was a N64 guy, this is a must buy for me. 

Shame so many people are not liking this game. I thought it was going to be a hit like Undertale.

I was one too. Mario 64, BK, DK 64, Tooie, I played them too 100%(+) back in the day. The problem with YL is, its just more of the same.

Games like Mario 64 and the ones that followed didn't just add more of the same, they added something new (to varying degrees of success of course). Here, it just feels like prettier looking Banjo Kazooie, from the way the moves work, to the types of collectables, even down to the same super self-aware story and dialogue. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red_August said:

I was one too. Mario 64, BK, DK 64, Tooie, I played them too 100%(+) back in the day. The problem with YL is, its just more of the same.

Games like Mario 64 and the ones that followed didn't just add more of the same, they added something new (to varying degrees of success of course). Here, it just feels like prettier looking Banjo Kazooie, from the way the moves work, to the types of collectables, even down to the same super self-aware story and dialogue. 

Nothing is original anymore. That’s why we’ve barely seen anything that truly takes an art form and exponentially increases the possibilities. Super Mario 64 was one of those games that did that. Today that is no longer the case. 

That’s why there is a lot of rehashes and remakes, and games like Yooka Laylee that were inspired by Kazooie.

If we’re going to see advancements, it’s much more likely indie games will get the push. Mostly what I’ve seen from AAA games this generation is the same thing we’ve played in the PS3/Xbox 360 generation.

Yooka Laylee is to Banjo Kazooie what Sonia Mania is to Sonic 1 - Sonic & Knuckles. I mostly see them as fan service. Neither game has really gotten any new player who wasn’t familiar with the Banjo Kazooie or Sonic the Hedgehog. 

I played Mania, and being the classic old Sonic fan I am even I can admit it’s just more of the same. Nothing more.

People my age who have gamed as long as I have know Sonic and Kazooie like the back of their hand. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Nothing is original anymore. That’s why we’ve barely seen anything that truly takes an art form and exponentially increases the possibilities. Super Mario 64 was one of those games that did that. Today that is no longer the case. 

If we’re going to see advancements, it’s much more likely indie games will get the push. Mostly what I’ve seen from AAA games this generation is the same thing we’ve played in the PS3/Xbox 360 generation.

People my age who have gamed as long as I have know Sonic and Kazooie like the back of their hand. 

Maybe it should be worded as "original in regards to the subject in question". Mario Galaxy was about collecting stars like Mario 64, but I'd be lying if I said it felt like the same experience. 

I know indie games have less to lose so to speak by taking chances, but going off my own experience, they have alot in common with AAA games when it comes to giving us more of the same underneath a different aesthetic. Only now, its with platformers/metroidvanias.

And I think because YL is mostly fanservice is why it isn't taking off the way Undertale has; only 64ers will be able to appreciate it they way it wants to.

Edited by Red_August
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pecorleone_ said:

Hey everyone! I've been playing Xbox mainly for about 10 years, but this topic and seeing how much people cared for and liked talking about their Platinums that I decided I would play all the singleplayer/exclusives here and start my road to 100+ Platinums. So far, I have 6 Platinums.

Welcome to PlayStation. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Batman: The Telltale Series

:platinum: Platinum #32: Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)

Game Score: 7.5/10

Platinum Difficulty: 1/10

Another Telltale freebie for PlayStation Plus subscribers. I was looking forward to checking this one out, as I'm a big Batman fan like a lot of people. I totally dug what Telltale did to the Batman story. Without any spoilers, they did some story adjustments that strayed away from the typical Batman story, and it worked out great. It's a fun time and obviously an easy Telltale platinum, as all it requires is to complete the story. Easy peasy. I streamed the game, if anyone's interested in just watching the game with my facetious commentary about how Batman is an inefficient superhero because he won't kill people.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc8bwciAX8C-MQVA1RBRseqX4S7phDcEo

Edited by Justin__Harris
  • Like 4

:platinum:#7- Hitman GO: Definitive Edition   

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 2/10

Did not really enjoy this one at all. Just used a video to do all the objectives and won't touch this again. Super easy plat though. 

Next: Lara Craft GO

• Like 3