Most Recent Platinum

Muff

40 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

:platinum:  #265 Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

L0249eb.png

1L312c8b.png

Platinum Trophy

Collect all ENSLAVED™ trophies.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is somewhat of a forgotten gem. In an era where so many games get a remastered version, a prequel or a sequel, no one seems to remember or at least care a bit about this masterpiece. It's a damn shame, because Enslaved has everything one could wish for. The post apocalyptic story is really compelling and constantly throws tidbits at you in a "Planet of the Apes" kind of way. The biggest question I had while playing was luckily answered at the end. Some things though will probably stay a mystery forever now. The two main characters - Monkey and Trip - are very loveable as well. Their journey begins by sheer coincidence and quite unwillingly, but it soon evolves into so much more.

I can also praise the beautiful graphics and facial expressions. For a game from 2010, it still looks better than a lot of games we get these days. The only slight critic I have would be about the controls. There's no auto-aim to target a specific enemy and the camera made the harder parts even more frustrating than they already were. Because of things like that, fighting a bunch of mechs became more annoying than finding and collecting all the orbs, or replaying certain chapters just to try the time-based trophies again.

Just ordered this off of Amazon. I have to wonder if this is a hidden gem much like Vanquish or if it's simply one in it's own category.

That being said I haven't been all that impressed with this generation. It seems to be a copy of the PS3/360 generation with better graphics and a bigger open world landscape to play in. All the remasters tell me that developers are running out of ideas.

I hear the collectibles can be difficult though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Just ordered this off of Amazon. I have to wonder if this is a hidden gem much like Vanquish or if it's simply one in it's own category.

That being said I haven't been all that impressed with this generation. It seems to be a copy of the PS3/360 generation with better graphics and a bigger open world landscape to play in. All the remasters tell me that developers are running out of ideas.

I hear the collectibles can be difficult though.

That's great, I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have :) . I haven't played Vanquish yet, but I was quite surprised how good Enslaved really is, especially the story and the way Monkey and Trip interact with each other.

I usually don't mind remasters. There are just some that are more questionable than others to say the least, like both LEGO Harry Potter games or The Raven.

Yeah, the collectibles can be a pain in the ass. Some are very well hidden, others may take a few attempts to get, but it's worth it. You have to replay a few chapters anyway and need a lot of orbs for all the upgrades. There's a video guide and text guide on .org that helped me find the orbs I've missed.

The DLC is very cool too. It features another character from the main game with some unique gadgets and ways to get through the shorter extra chapters.

7 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

That's great, I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have :) . I haven't played Vanquish yet, but I was quite surprised how good Enslaved really is, especially the story and the way Monkey and Trip interact with each other.

I usually don't mind remasters. There are just some that are more questionable than others to say the least, like both LEGO Harry Potter games or The Raven.

Yeah, the collectibles can be a pain in the ass. Some are very well hidden, others may take a few attempts to get, but it's worth it. You have to replay a few chapters anyway and need a lot of orbs for all the upgrades. There's a video guide and text guide on .org that helped me find the orbs I've missed.

The DLC is very cool too. It features another character from the main game with some unique gadgets and ways to get through the shorter extra chapters.

I see you completed Mafia III. I just 100 percented Mafia II and really enjoyed that game. But Mafia III is going to +1000 up that with the soundtrack alone. Not sure how the gameplay is though.

I just know Vito from Mafia II is in Mafia III.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I see you completed Mafia III. I just 100 percented Mafia II and really enjoyed that game. But Mafia III is going to +1000 up that with the soundtrack alone. Not sure how the gameplay is though.

I just know Vito from Mafia II is in Mafia III.

Mafia III became one of my favorite games of all time. One of the reasons being the soundtrack. I stil play it, even though I already completed it. The gameplay is fantastic and similar to Mafia II by the looks of it. I'm definitely going to play Mafia II as soon as I find a physical copy or buy it in the PS Store, when it's a bit cheaper. Vito is one of the underbosses that runs the districts for you, alongside with Cassandra and an irish fella named Thomas Burke.