Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #251 Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Ps4)

completed in 1 day and 3 hours

platinum rarity 33.98% uncommon

platinum name: top of the heap

finished with that one even though i thought i would be working on it tomorrow. next game up will be skylander imaginators (ps4). i still plan on starting jak 2 after this one almost to where i originally was in ranking.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

Platinum Trophy #33

Ratchet & Clank (PS3 HD)

1L6f7785.png

Gadget Master

Obtain all of the other trophies for Ratchet & Clank. 

I bought this game from the PlayStation Store during the EU PS Exclusive sale for under five Australian Dollars and I gotta say, I enjoyed most of it. There were however a few flaws to this game that really grabbed my attention. I know I shouldn't be too harsh as this was only a PS2 game but considering the fact a lot of the post 6th generation R&C games have improved over these faults it still gave me somewhat grief as people have explained in this topic.

One of the problems that really highlighted itself more than any of the other issues in this game was not only the lack of checkpoints in spots where it really felt necessary to have one put in, but also the spacing between the different checkpoint locations on various planets. This caused me to enjoy less of the game than I really wanted to.

Another flaw was the nanotech/health system in this game. I could only imagine if this game had a variety of difficulty options. Some of the parts of this game were quite hard as this game has no real strafe control scheme which the later installments possess. I've heard that both Ratchet & Clank Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal have greatly advanced after this game as Insomniac Games learnt more about what they could do with the health mechanics after receiving personal advice and learning on what they could improve on. Too bad they never tweaked the system for the PS3 and Vita HD releases.

There were some other faults which I have not mentioned which never really posed to be a threat as the main highlights did. Other than that, there were no real challenges that struck me. Beating the Rilgar Hoverboard Event in under 1 minutes and 35 seconds became fairly easy after watching a particular video guide and learning the tip and tricks the player used to unlock the skill point.

Overview

Enjoyment: 7.2/10

Difficulty: 2.8/10