Most Recent Platinum

Muff

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Unreal Tournament 3: Platinum Trophy #105

Difficulty: 5/10

Time Taken: 60+ hours

1L3c5195.png

Let's just say that even a few weeks ago, I never thought that this platinum would be something I'd have in my collection. The servers for the game were officially shut down in July 2014, but with one man's networking ability, he was able to find a way to get the online for Bulletstorm and this game into a working state, which makes all trophies from both games currently obtainable. Here is a link to a guide that allows you to connect to the online for either of those games at any time: https://github.com/gonespy/bstormps3#in-order-to-use-the-server-you-need while Gonespy only currently makes those two games fully obtainable, there is a likelihood that more games will be included in the future. 

This thread also acts as a support thread to those who are struggling to get Gonespy to work: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/58974-bringing-em-back-from-the-dead-the-gonespy-thread

Using Gonespy to earn trophies has been accepted by the very owner of this website and here is a link to his post regarding the matter: 

When I went for the Online Champion trophy, it was my first trophy on the game because I played Team Deathmatch with bots and allowed my teammates to do all the work, which resulted in my main account not getting a single kill, which meant I didn't fulfil any other trophy requirement except Online Champion when I was working on it. I did stream a lot of the grind for the trophy, but here is the final 3 hours, which shows my last 93 wins toward the trophy and the trophy is earned within the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35i8JuSx16A

Now, about the game... It is a fairly lengthy grind, which requires hundreds of matches and kills to fulfil requirements for the trophies. A lot of the requirements are using the same weapon and getting 15 kills with it in the same match, which requires you to get the kill amount then end the match to do it again, this is rather annoying and I'd prefer that the requirement was simply to do the award a certain amount of times overall rather than in separate matches. When going for the kills with specific weapons, for the most part the Facing Worlds map in Capture the Flag is the best, because it basically has a spawn trap at the blue base, which allows you to kill your alt account/second controller fast. For the vehicle related trophies, the Suspense map for Vehicle Capture The Flag is the best map to use because it is a small map and basically any vehicle you need is on that map. 

The campaign consists of very boring and lengthy competitive game modes that you need to complete along the way with a team of AI bots and you need to defeat a team of AI bots in each of these battles. Only one of the battles is quite annoying and that was for winning a Warfare match on Avalanche, mainly because your team is handicapped by having less team members than the opponent, in Warfare it is very important to have an even playing field, otherwise you can't control it very well. Luckily when you play the campaign, you only need to complete the last battle of every chapter on Insane to get credit for completing the whole chapter on Insane, so you can just quit to the main menu when you reach the last mission then switch to Insane. Akasha on Insane would have surely been quite brutal, however the trophy guide for this game on PlayStationTrophies.org does mention a very useful method, which allows you to hide out the entire battle as long as you get a 1-kill lead against her. To truly glitch out Akasha you need to have a USB keyboard and hold the "C" key, this allows your character to crouch, a function not available on the Dualshock 3, there's a specific spot on the map which has a wall on the edge of the map that you can use as cover, then the rest of the battle is just patiently waiting for around 20 minutes until you win. 

The reason why I was able to complete the co-op campaign while also only doing 1 co-op mission was because I backed up my save file before fighting Akasha on Insane, this allowed me to simply load up the battle against her and fight her on the spot, rather than re-doing the whole chapter to reach her again. In co-op, you can play on Casual difficulty, which is incredibly simple, at least in the Deathmatch and Capture The Flag modes, Warfare can still be annoying. 

The most boring trophy overall on this game is the "Get a Life" trophy, which has a very unrealistic requirement of getting 200 kills on 50 different days. Luckily this trophy can be exploited by using your system clock and putting the date ahead by 1-day after you fulfil the 200 kills. The fastest way to rack up 200 kills is to play on Morbias Arena (DLC map) and also pick the Titan modifier (DLC modifier) and also use the Speed Freak modifier. Once you get enough kills, you can become a killing machine by transforming into a titan and you can basically use the titan for the entire battle after that to demolish the AI opponents. Luckily in this game's case, the DLC wasn't delisted and it was also free DLC so it was a win-win that it helped out with a trophy on this game.

I do have a video of my platinum for this game, but it isn't uploaded yet, but once I have uploaded it I will edit it into the post. 

Good stuff man congrats! You've been keeping yourself very busy. 

• Like 1

On 1.4.2018 at 2:31 AM, PooPooBlast said:

#100 TEKKEN 7 BABBBYYY

1Ld90369.png

This game was practically my childhood. Played all of the TEKKENs albeit some like 1,2,3 were only demos that I got to try. TEKKEN 4 and 5 on the PS2 gave me some of the best memories and seeing those cutscenes again on TEKKEN 7 gave me a huuuuge nostalgic attack. I remember the times where you needed to play as pretty much every character in arcade mode to unlock other characters which forced me to practice with all characters essentially. Non stuck with me though as much as my boy Paul Pheonix

giphy.gif

The gallery and jukebox options were an amazing implementation as well. Going through them was like going through a family photo album as I was flipping one image and each custcene from previous TEKKEN games. 

My platinum journey started first with TEKKEN 6 about 6-7 years ago and so it was a no brainer that this should be my 100! 

It's just a shame that they concluded the game and the story was a little short but still fun as heck. Definitely worthy of a TEKKEN title. Hopefully I'll grab #200 when im 50 years old xD so stay tuned :P 

This will be my number 100 too! For the same reason, just after 9 years and not 6 ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

This will be my number 100 too! For the same reason, just after 9 years and not 6 ;) 

Ooooh that's fantastic! Have fun with it man :). Such an amazing game. It also treats old timers nicely with concept art and cutscenes from previous TEKKENs :)

• Like 1

:platinum: #61: inFamous Second Son

Enjoyable game and a really easy platinum to add to the collection. Collectibles were all marked out and Expert mode was not much of a step up from Easy mode at all. Great looking game, but the main story itself is very brief. Not a game I can see myself remembering in years to come, but had fun with it all the same.

• Like 4