Most Recent Platinum

Muff

10 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

:platinum: # 20 - Bound

The trophy guide on this website says it is a "highly coveted" platinum. Fancy, uh? I'm so glad I managed to complete it! I saved it for my 20th platinum milestone because I was intending to challenge myself with this beautiful indie game, and because it features a female protagonist (I'm on a campaign of "female protagonist milestones" thing; maybe because I based my ID in Gravity Rush, Kat... I don't know! I'm a boy and I'm not feminist or anything like that, I just like female characters ^^). Bound is one my favorite games now; honestly I don't understand why it got medium to bad scores. Bound has everything I enjoy in a game: pretty, artistic graphichs; perfect gameplay, platforming; great level design, with unconceivable shortcuts; amazing soundtrack; a story with blanks that the player can fill; and a speedrun! Its uniqueness is really impressive. I call it a feat in modern gaming and I thank Plastic Studios and Santa Monica for that. How many games with a ballet dancer protagonist have you played? And she dances to extinguish her fears. She is trying to overcome her past, her childhood, but only you can decide what she will do next. It's a psychological narrative and it's all about gravity (always wanted to say that! because... You know, GravityQueeen reference? Joke?). I praise Bound for what it is, and perhaps it is not for everyone. I must say, though, that the difficulty is somewhat overestimated. A very good player may call it a 7 in terms of difficulty, I give it a fair 8. Anyway, it is not the 9 or even  the 10 you might have heard out there. Part of me want you to never try this game, because I don't want my rarest trophy becoming more common... The other part of me, well, the other part is very proud for playing Bound 2764.png.

Great job. Currently im also going for the plat, really a great game, i like it very much. Do you have any tips for me? Im currently doing all the speedruns, then i thought about collecting all memory shards and going for the 100% run, and then lastly the complete speedrun and the cautios trophy. You think thats a good strategy?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

Great job. Currently im also going for the plat, really a great game, i like it very much. Do you have any tips for me? Im currently doing all the speedruns, then i thought about collecting all memory shards and going for the 100% run, and then lastly the complete speedrun and the cautios trophy. You think thats a good strategy?

The best tool you already have, which is enjoying the game. I think it is essential xD

When it comes to approach, I would suggest leaving the 3 hard trophies for last: 3 - "Speedrunner" is the easier one, do it first and use the shortcuts you are confortable with. If you struggle with certain shortcut, simply don't do it. There is plenty of room for errors, believe me. 2 - "100% Run" is no joke! Sometimes it is wise to slow down and make sure you collect all fragments. In my first attempt I lost one single fragment and it was very frustrating. My advice is completting the run even if you miss a fragment, next time pay more attention where you missed it. 3 - "Cautious" has one secret: on those tiny stairs don't jump, simply run and the dancer will cross it. Maybe selecting what is the worst level for you right of the back is a good strategy. Complete a run even if you die.

Practice is the only way to go. I'm cherring for you! Youre gonna get it for sure. 

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GravityQueeen said:

The best tool you already have, which is enjoying the game. I think it is essential xD

When it comes to approach, I would suggest leaving the 3 hard trophies for last: 3 - "Speedrunner" is the easier one, do it first and use the shortcuts you are confortable with. If you struggle with certain shortcut, simply don't do it. There is plenty of room for errors, believe me. 2 - "100% Run" is no joke! Sometimes it is wise to slow down and make sure you collect all fragments. In my first attempt I lost one single fragment and it was very frustrating. My advice is completting the run even if you miss a fragment, next time pay more attention where you missed it. 3 - "Cautious" has one secret: on those tiny stairs don't jump, simply run and the dancer will cross it. Maybe selecting what is the worst level for you right of the back is a good strategy. Complete a run even if you die.

Practice is the only way to go. I'm cherring for you! Youre gonna get it for sure. 

Fantastic, will do so:). Thanks for the tips. I´ll finish up now all misc trophies, and then do Speedrunner first.

For the 100% run, did you took notes or had you already memorized all the locations?

• Like 1

platinum #252 Skylander Imaginators (ps4)

completed in 2 days and 10 hours

platinum rarity 18.18% rare

platinum name: prolander

the last in the skylander series i can only hope they bring out more. next game will be jak 2 hopefully those cheats still work or if not i'll just have to glitch those orbs again.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SmilexBomb said:

Downwell

1Lb2903d.png

:platinum: Done Well

Completed All Other Trophies

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Time: 15 hours

This game was great. Really simple controls and gameplay in theory, but dear lord it can get pretty challenging.

Normal took maybe 5 hours over a few nights, and slowly chipped away at Hard mode for maybe 30 minutes every night for a little while.

There was a massive jump in difficulty between Normal and Hard, and going back to Normal for some clean up trophies felt like an absolute cake-walk afterwards.

Highly recommend if you enjoy shmups.

Congratulations. I'm currently trying to get through hard mode, but after failing over and over and screaming to the point of wanting to throw my Vita, I know it's time to take a break. Fun game, but the hit detection is fucking awful.