Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Got platinum on Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, super proud of my platinum on my visual novel game. The satisfaction of all that hard gameplay of reading the text box and clicking the x button at the right time after I have finished reading said text box was really soul crushing. 

The only one I can say even compared in difficulty is Danganronpa Another Episode. Might be a wild Barry and go for platinum on Danganronpa 2 next since if the other 2 games have anything to say about it, it's probably gonna be another very challenging platinum. Very challenging indeed. 

Im really bored don't judge me too harshly. But yeah. Trigger Happy Havoc, really good story and characters, gameplay even on hardest difficulty is fairly easy and not the greatest, though nobody really plays it for the gameplay.. Probably. 

• Like 4

1L577785.png

23. Metropolis: Lux Obscura (PS4)

4/9/2018

24. Metropolis: Lux Obscura (Vita)

4/12/2018

I continue to rebuild my standing as OohYeah127 with a most unusual puzzle game. I say unusual because it mixes Match-3 puzzle action with a gritty mature hardboiled comic book plot, focusing on an ex-con's search for revenge. Somehow it works, a surprise given that the developer and publisher, Sometimes You, is known for some easy yet horrible games such as Energy Cycle, Energy Balance and Energy Invasion.

I came into this game after looking at a trailer and hearing from a couple of friends who played this, usually a mistake for me as my views on games do not coincide with... well, anyone. I enjoyed this game's blend of gritty plot, puzzle combat and difficulty. However, not all of this was a good time.

Hoping for the right selection of 4 random powerups out of a pool of 12 to pop up (one of which is required for a trophy) can be frustrating. Almost all powerups are good in this game, mind you. Just some, like Amok, Paranoid and Potty Mouthed, are significantly better than others.

The biggest problem, at least in the NA versions (there are EU versions as well, apparently) are every trophy hunter's nightmare: TROPHY GLITCHES! Mostly concerning the various endings of the game, no less. :angry: Though there are others to be aware of. This is something to keep in mind before you buy either version (it's not a cross-buy either, if you're curious). From what I hear, the NA versions are far more glitchy than the EU version. Just something to be aware of.

On the up side, it looks like I made 1ST 50 TO PLATINUM on both PS4 and Vita versions of the NA regions! This marks a first since having to start over as OohYeah127. A good feeling, to be sure.

All in all, a different game and an interesting time. The trophy glitches did take away from my enjoyment (I lost count of how many time I had to reintsall both versions... especially the Vita version) and made me happy to move on.

Now to decide what I want for Plat 25 on this new account!

• Like 4