Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Final Farming X

Now I can just remove it and finally install Dancing Moon Night!

Returning to FFX, it is a game with a likeable story and a nice gameplay, but I definitely don't like its post-game. I like farming, but this is too much. There is nothing to do except crappy minigames, capturing enemies (even more stupid imho) and farming, farming, and farming. What you farm for, you ask? Of course to beat mega-bosses, and if you don't feel like doing it you can use Zanmato and gg.

Edited by NaRayquaza
  • Like 2

:platinum: #36 & :platinum: #37 - Midnight Deluxe (PS4 & VITA)

1L451a19.png 1L451a19.png

Easy game and two platinum, I like it ^^

Need 10 more platinum until september now (I want the Spyro trilogy to be my 48th 49th and 50th platinum ?)

Edited by Rodow_
  • Like 4

L5508b1.png PS4

Peace In Our Time 

1L384bd1.png

EH, I just don't know about this one.

So the difference between Lego Avengers and the previous title, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, is that Avengers was based off the two movies that were released at the time, the first and Age of Ultron, so the levels follow that. We also get an episode dedicated to a few of the individual movies (like Winter Solider, Ant Man, Iron Man 3), though it definitely feels like they were thrown in to pad out the gameplay length, as they get simple comic summaries rather than recreations of the movies themselves.

And I think this is what disappointing me the most; movie they translated the movies to the games. I mean, on a technical level, it's fine, it plays like any decent Lego game based off of a movie should. But, it many ways its incredibly lazy.

Very few of the actors/actresses return to reprise their role in this game, which wouldn't be a problem at all, if it weren't for the fact that the developers didn't even bother trying to hire sound alikes to fill in the gaps. It feels so disjointed and awkward to hear new dialogue coming from some characters, only to hear stock phrases and quotes ripped DIRECTLY from the movie coming from the main cast, and absolutely nothing else. While this is fine during the movie segments, but to get to the game-play and hear the characters say lifted movie lines re-purposed to fit a different situation than the one they were intended, makes it feel super awkward. Make no mistake, you WILL notice it, and it will never feel natural. It really makes me appreciate the work that went to LEGO Incredibles in this area.

Another nitpick I had was the clunky disjointed map system and level select. Unlike LEGO Incredibles, which let you select the map and levels whenever you wanted, HERE you have to go to space, navigate in a slow-as-shit space rocket around the globe, select the level, THEN select free play. They also felt it was a good idea to NOT have the Heli-Carrier selectable from said space map, meaning you have to go to a preexisting hub, THEN find a launch point OR fly all the way up until you get to the ship. It's just more work than it needs to be, especially since the Heli-Carrier has all your helpful items and collectibles.

Other than that, it was fine, I guess. I still like the epic feel, the flashy but mindless combat, etc. I guess I shouldn't have played two LEGO games back to back, because I'm kinda burnt out on them now.

• Like 3