Most Recent Platinum

Muff

12 minutes ago, madbuk said:

#270 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

1L61febd.png

This might be my favourite Uncharted game. Definitely my favourite of the console ones. The balance between gameplay elements here was much more to my taste than the original trilogy. There's plenty of climbing (still brain dead simple, but oh well), puzzles (also brain dead, but oh well), exploring, and the story here was the best of them. Also has the best trophy art of the franchise, though that's not really a high standard at all.

Unlike the other games which were generic treasure hunts for the magical mcguffin, this story felt a lot more character-driven, which works to its favor. The relationship between Elena and Nate and the tests that the relationship is put through are interesting, I liked seeing what everyday life is like for Drake outside of mass murdering entire military groups, and it delves into his urge to slaughter people by showing him playing with toy guns and targets and treating it like a real combat scenario. I do think the story could've been better in certain aspects, but it's much better than the generic stuff that came before it.

The combat scenarios in this felt a little off balance. Crushing in this was a complete chore because the game has a larger emphasis on stealth, but doesn't give you enough tools to stealth reliably. You can't get back into hiding on crushing, enemies notice you incredibly fast, and if you get spotted you get thrown into a long, drawn out shootout with shooting mechanics that feel a bit odd compared to the other games. I made it to chapter 13 on crushing before dropping the difficulty and then using tweaks for chapter 13 onwards later. Combat certainly isn't the highlight here, but that was always the least interesting part of Uncharted's gameplay to me anyway so it getting worse doesn't really disappoint me much. They improved the gameplay elements I actually care about - climbing, puzzles, exploring - and that more than makes up for it.

The multiplayer in this was horrific though. It's entirely built around a pay to win formula and Naughty Dog continue to patch and nerf strategies to further push their pay to win mechanics on people. It's incredibly shitty and I don't understand why they keep getting a free pass to do shit like this. Battlefront 2 fell apart due to their microtransactions so why didn't this game? Big thanks to RealLadyCroft's PSN community for helping with the co-op and I can easily recommend it for anyone looking to finish up the online.

If this is your way of saying that part 4 is the best of the bunch I don't wanna read what you have to say about the others. ? This sounds more like a slating than anything else. ?

Just now, Gommes_ said:

If this is your way of saying that part 4 is the best of the bunch I don't wanna read what you have to say about the others. 1f602.png This sounds more like a slating than anything else. 1f601.png

I've written about the others in my trophy checklist :P (Apart from Golden Abyss because that was before the checklist.) 1 and 3 aren't bad (2 is atrocious), but 4 was better imo. 

Lea46df.png

1L3733e9.png

Platinum 25 - Little Adventure on the Prairie

I'm feeling generous, so I'll describe this as an abomination. It's a very very quick and easy platinum, but it's not enjoyable at all.

I got it because it was £1.49, but that was £1.49 too much. It's like a worse version of free Flash games I used to play at school years ago. Just not free.

Thankfully, I didn't complete it in one sitting, so it won't be forever staring at me from my Trophy Milestones (Goosebumps is my current Fastest Platinum and I actually enjoyed it).

• Like 3