Most Recent Platinum

Muff

L03cac2.png1L74b127.png

So I got my second Trine Platinum Trophy now! And it was by far the hardest one by all standards. It is actually my first ultra rare platinum, plus eleven other ultra rare ones from this game. I think this shows why it is anything but easy. The reason for this is mostly the "Walk in the Park" Trophy. Where you have to complete all 20 levels on the hardest difficulty level and on top of it the hardcore mode has to be enabled too. Which means you can't save in a level, healing is reduced significantly and you can only heal and resurrect once per checkpoint. Of course there are some really tough challenges in most of the levels, your occasional boss fight where one hit means certain death and a really deadly environment, think huge flesh eating plants and plants that shoot deadly projectiles and so on. Each level has also a fair share of enemies to deal with. Luckily most levels aren't that long but still it is very frustrating to manage to reach the end of a level by the skin of your teeth just to have your three heroes smashed to pieces by some unfriendly ogre. Lovingly mocking trophy name by the way, don't you think?

Hell of fun nevertheless! I mean once you finish that really tough level. Almost as good as, well fill in some nice cozy thing you can think of. So you can imagine me having a huge smile on my face when I saw that platinum notification popping up!

There are of course a few other challenging trophies like finishing a level without taking any damage, which is harder than you might think. Or completing a level with only one of the three characters. And there are some really funny ones too, which usually means you have to use one of the character skills to do various things. Like freezing two enemies and stack them on top of each other. All in all the trophy hunt can be really fun and a bit frustrating but it is all worth it in the end.

Oh right, what is Trine 2 you might ask. It is really not easy to describe. First and foremost it is a side-scrolling platformer with a trio of heroes. Each of them has a set of unique abilities which are needed to overcome all the challenges in the game. Like fighting enemies or reaching seemingly unreachable places. Every level has traps and other challenging passages which can be overcome by various means, most of them are actually physic based. It is the heart of the game actually and you can be really creative in doing this.All this comes with absolutely gorgeous visuals and a great soundtrack. And a much better story then first one. It is still the same old heroes-save-the-world fairy tale but this time you are getting much more details about the motives behind all this. It is a fantastic game, and one of my all time favourite games. I've played it four times now!

Anyway, if you are really interested I have recorded the entire journey of my Walk in the Park playthrough and made a little playlist. Check it out in the Spoiler section if you like. You can access each level via a pop-down menu at the upper left corner of the video frame. Be aware that this is the complete story, only things that are missing are all the collectables. So there are many spoilers in those videos. And this is probably not the most efficient way of playing the game but there were no guides involved. Just me playing these level over and over again until I completed one. Of course I did NOT record any of my failures! :)

thanks for reading!

Spoiler

• Like 4

:platinum: #225 :platinum:

L3a0b9f.png

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS

I picked this up for a decent price in the PSN summer sale and I had fun with it. Ideally you need 4 controllers to get the platinum or 3 controllers and a PS Vita hooked up via Remote Play. Personally I own two controllers and a Vita so I had to include an AI opponent for the 4 player trophies which did mean that it took me a little bit longer. 

Missile Barrage Deflector and Bomb Deflector are very fiddly if you're playing the game on your own like I did. If possible get somebody (an actual person!) to help out with the second controller to save yourself from frustration.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 0:55 PM, Juzota said:

40-platinum.png#104 - Batman: Arkham Knight

1Ld0bfbe.png

I AM the Batman!
Reclaim your city.

Man, I was so disappointed with this game back in the 2015 and I still think this is worst game from the Arkham-series. I even did enjoy Origins more than this. After Asylum and City which are both great, this just feels such a mess story-wise and also I didn't really like the Batmobile. When I play Batman-game I don't really wanna play with a tank and shoot stuff. And there was sooooooo much of it. It got boring really fast. Also it didn't help that the Arkham Knight, the dude who got his name in the title, was a huge disappoiment. I expected much more from that character.

Rest of the gameplay, combat and predator stuff, was top notch and those were definitely the best part in this game. This game also looked really good which is nice I guess.

Platinum-trophy in this game was pretty easy to obtain, but the real challenge is in the DLC. I wanted to get every dlc-trophy before going for the Plat and I did almost gave up with this game. Some of the trophies from Community Challenge Pack were brutal. For me it took lots of practice and patience to get them, but I did it and I'm glad I did. I haven't had that same euforia from trophies in a very long time than. It just felt so good to pop some of those trophies after days of raging and cursing, lol.

Enjoyment: 6

Platinum Difficulty: 3

100% Difficulty: 8

---

Now I have Platinums and 100%'s for Asylum, City and Knight. I'd love to do the same for Origins, but those damn multiplayer trophies... No thank you. I'm probably gonna replay that game in some point, but not gonna go for 100% completion. Not even sure if the servers are up anymore. Don't really care to be honest.

Just sit down and do Origins. It might seem like a bother, but the multiplayer trophies are easily done in a matter of hours, if you have a good boosting group. They're really not too bad, just make sure to keep a list to track down what maps you did. 

• Like 1

platinum #285 Cosmic Star Heroine (vita)

completed in 3 days and 11 hours

platinum rarity 27.68% uncommon

platinum name: Heroine

one more down, next game will be spiral splatter and yes there is another trophy list so i'm set though this is going to test my patience much more than last time because the vita console is extra twitchy. some levels tonight. more of em tomorrow.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 3

40-platinum.png # 89 - LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars (PS3)

1L76043d.png

The Chosen One 
Collect all Trophies.

This one took longer than anticipated, as I thought at one time that my game was glitched. I thought, at one point, that I had achieved True Jedi status in all levels, but I didn't get the trophy, so I gave up on this title for a while. Unbeknown to me, there were clear spaces on the map that were counting as levels that I didn't see till I went back months later :facepalm::lol:.

If anyone decides to go for this, or any LEGO plat for that matter, I STRONGLY recommend going for the Red Bricks first upon completing the story. They will make your life a million times easier, believe me, especially with the Ground Battles required for this plat.

Overall though, despite not seeing the Clone Wars TV series that I'm to understand this game is based upon, I still enjoyed this game for the most part. My first LEGO game was the original Star Wars one back on PS2, so it's nice to plat one of them.

Uncharted 4 will probably be next, but, the thought of 193 collectables.... phew :blink:

• Like 4

platinum #286 Spiral Splatter (vita)

completed in 9 hours and 57 minutes

platinum rarity 51.67% common

game difficulty: much harder then ps4 it's very twitchy.

finished this game about a few hours after getting up for the morning. due to the flash sale things have changed there will be an emergency boss game called megadimension neptunia VIIR this seems fitting since i love the neptune games.

• Like 1

Plat number 28

1Lefafe5.png

Little Adventure on the Prairie

I needed 2 more points for 1000 Sony rewards points so I can get another 10 dollars psn code and this game happened to be 2 dollars. If I didn’t need just 2 more points I would of never bought this game lol. The fact that this is on the psn store is kinda ridiculous xD it is so bad. The level design is hurtful to the eyes and they even have a mistake in numbering the levels. In stage 3 the levels should read 9,10,11,12 but instead they read 9,10,13,12. This game took like 15 mins to plat. There is no story, the only sound is the music, the land you walk on is clearly copy and pasted (you can see line gaps), and the only platforming in this “platforming adventure” is jumping over small gaps or falling down onto lower levels that have no gaps. 

Enjoyment: 1/10 gameplay 10/10 for laughing at how bad it is

plat difficulty: 0.00000001/10

• Like 2