Most Recent Platinum

Muff

14 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

L9ee5ae.png PS4

A perfect Storm Master.

1L119c1d.png

1 year, 1 week, 6 days. Yep, here's another I had no plans on ever coming back to. I had gotten the PS3 plat on my old account, and I didn't remember it being hard, just really long and tedious. And it's certainly that, as well as not being hard, really.

If there is one thing this game did, it was reaffirm that the direction they chose for Naruto's voice actor was the absolute worst.

Not the series in general, specifically Naruto. And I'm talking about BOTH the eng and jpn versions. If there's one thing you can't knock about the dub, is that it nails his annoying Japanese voice perfectly.

I don't know what they were thinking when they thought "permanent screech that sounds like hell on your vocal chords" was the direction to go in, but it is the reason I can't take this character seriously. His ninja way? How he'll always protect his friends? Sauce gay? No matter what he happens to be talking about, this character will remain a joke to me, all thanks to his voice acting.

(side note, I wanna laugh at how Naruto screeches at Orochimaru that he doesn't own Sasuke, when all Naruto does is negate Sasuke's agency at every possible moment, acting like he is a disobedient child that ran away from home).

Not helping this is the dialogue, which is one of those instances where it tries to be faithful and true to the source material, but ends up sounding stiff, awkward, and unnatural. You got lines that point out the obvious (*jutsu does a thing* some asshole: the jutsu is doing a thing!) which makes sense in a still image of a comic book and helps the reader, but is utterly pointless when the picture is MOVING. And of course, the one-two word farts.

"Foolish"

"so strong"

"Know pain"

"nuisance"

"adjective"

"its over"

Ok, I kinda wanted to get that off my chest, but let close by saying when the game cuts loose and does its own thing is when it gets great. You got unique spins on things, believable imaginative translations from manga to video game. I would argue that the Ultimate Ninja Storm games are probably, so far, the best example of how to translate from one media to another in terms of visual storytelling through the action.

I love the English voice acting for Naruto, but felt they should've got a different person for Boruto, as that's more annoying to hear in UNS4, but seems Maile has somewhat gotten better with Boruto for the upcoming anime. 

On 15/09/2018 at 11:41 PM, Bumperklever said:

:platinum: #75 Sir Eatsalot (PSVita)

1Lca7f83.png

Defender of Gluttington

Date Achieved: 15 September 2018
Rarity: Uncommon (39-40%)  
Enjoyment: 4.5/10

This game reminds me a lot of super exploding zoo and can be summed up in one sentence.

Nice looking; cutesy/great art style, but boring gameplay.

Probably due to combat being attack/block/attack without really any variations and you just being way to slow.

This game is also clunky as hell and pretty much summed up by the following quote from the trophy thoughts thread:

Reveal hidden contents

Game just isn't worth it and it's a shame since it actually looks really nice on paper.

Damn, well done making it through that! Sometimes I vent after being annoyed at a game & later on think I was being a bit harsh but in this instance I read back what I wrote about sir eatsalot & all those bad memories came flooding back, I wouldn't change a thing in that writeup. Lately I've been thinking about how good this month has been for playing the sorts of games I'm passionate about (well a couple of those made their way in amongst all the easy-earning) and how nice that can be after doing a few too many 'trophy games'. I had forgotten about the venting & seeing it again now just reaffirms that.

• Like 1

:platinum: Platinum #36: Spiral Splatter

1L3cc868.png

Oh dear, this platinum. This was one of those, it looks easy on paper and getting them is easy, but man, you really have to focus in on this one guys, I'm not kidding. If you don't like those tense puzzle games, this one is not for you. My hands were sweating with every single death I got with this game!

But with that, I completed my 2018 goal o getting 10 platinums within the year, the most I've ever gotten in such a span of time actually (I may have to triple check on that one but I'm sure its right).

• Like 4

platinum #291 Jak And Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (vita)

completed in 3 days and 23 hours

platinum rarity 18.58% rare

platinum difficulty 3/10 due to some nasty nasty jumps and one superhard power cell.

the difficulty was exaggerated imo, never had the ledge problem but i died frequently on some parts of the game where i didn't have as much trouble. next game will be cars 3: Driven to win (ps4) after breakfast i'll get this purchased and downloaded. skipping the indie game this time as i played lego dimensions yesterday and that took about 6-8hr's to complete for one adventure.

• Like 3

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - PS4/Vita

1L55f8af.png

Platinum #107 - Trophy Complete

Knocked out another game upon the Vita. Should've waited until I have 610K points... THEN backed it upon the cloud. Oh well! Sometimes you have to do things the hard way at times when it comes to unlock everything. 

• Like 2