Muff

Most Recent Platinum

37,044 posts in this topic

L983be3.png

36 Fragments of Midnight
PS VITA (NA)

I enjoyed this game. My only complaint is that it was very short and I wish there was more content because it is actually an enjoyable game. Also I don't understand why but I had fps drops during the game.

19 hours ago, Katt said:

1L4da7f6.png

:platinum: Ultimate Hunter :platinum:
Earn all trophies and prove yourself as the ultimate Maverick Hunter.

Alright, this is going to be a long one. I read that some people skipped this collection because after X4, everything went to the trash. Let me say you something: I pity you. This is the best collection of Mega Man X games ever released. I was introduced to the new Mega Man X (after X~X3) with X5, so that one has a speacial place for me. Sure, these games have a lot of flaws, like no voice acting in X5, terrible voice acting, bad maps, enemy design and poor execution in X7 and almost no cutscenes in X8 (were you expecting for me to say high difficulty level in X6? hahaha, nah, nothing like that). Now With the COOL stuff, well... Everything. It's the same Mega Man X in all games, the music and the conflict continues and the memorable stuff remains. Let's continue with X7. Sure the game is trash, but it has something that the other games don't have: cutscenes, enjoyable cutscenes with story! sure, X5 has 1 or 2, and X6 has some too with japanese voice acting (that thing blew my mind when I was a kid) but they were too short! So I have to be fair with this one. A great pro in the record. The removal of japanese opening and ending songs was... a terrible decision. X6 Ending and X8 Opening (I think this one was not available in US/EUR releases) were my favorites and now they are forever lost unless you have the original games for PS1 and PS2. I REALLY WANTED TO PLAY MEGAMAN X COMMAND MISSION IN THIS COLLECTION, I was a kid, I didn't know how to read english and all RPGs I played were Final Fantasy IX in spanish (my native language), so not much EXP in RPGs. I guess I'll have to get a PS2 or an emulator, idk. I really didn't want to finish the collection so soon, it was a nice journey through my childhood. Now it's time to move on.

V1gAFyM.jpg

But before moving on...Ahem... MAKE MEGA MAN X9 YOU COWARDS!

Thanks.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Mega Man X6 it's a great game despite everything. Not hard at all. Really. No, really! 

Here is my 100% save data despite is not required to get the platinum: 

6XH0umi.jpg

Thanks.

Why is your plat a Ganado??? :D
resident evil 4 GIF

17 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

Why is your plat a Ganado??? :D
resident evil 4 GIF

lol

"earned" in spanish. I wanted to see the trophies in spanish since Mega Man X games in spanish are rare, there are only 2. But the Quick Man reference is lost in spanish. Stupid lasers.

(The Mega Man X7 translation is horrible, "are you OK?" -> "¿Es usted aceptable?" -> "are you acceptable?" ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Edited by Katt

platinum #302 Grim Legends 3: The Dark City (ps4)

completed in 14 hours and 42 minutes 

platinum rarity 77.20% common

platinum name isn't original exact same name.

one more down and beginning to feel like hitting the ceiling on the leaderboards if i want to break through it seems i need to complete more games. next one up will be Reverie (vita). trying to see if i can get a reload on tomorrows games to freshen it up a bit. will have 1 more choice after this for the boss game.

5 hours ago, Katt said:

lol

"earned" in spanish. I wanted to see the trophies in spanish since Mega Man X games in spanish are rare, there are only 2. But the Quick Man reference is lost in spanish. Stupid lasers.

(The Mega Man X7 translation is horrible, "are you OK?" -> "¿Es usted aceptable?" -> "are you acceptable?" ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Lol thanks for the explanation :D 

Madden NFL 18 - PS4 (#119)

L6f2100.png

Decided to nab this one on a whim when it was deeply discounted. Never having any experience in video game football (hand-oval-not-futbol) since NFL Blitz back in the day, this was a bit of a daunting learning curve. The game has a very deep system to bring you up the learning curve thru all of the various mechanics and play calls.  Investing a little bit of time in the skills trainer section paid off big time. 

What surprised me most was the depth of the Longshot single player story mode. Initially, it felt tacked on as a small detail on a larger finished product.  What I found was a well developed, if short, story of a former college player trying to find his back into the big leagues. A little silly, but certainly easy to get invested into long enough to make it to the end quickly.

The trophy list is quite easy when broken down into sections, with the most challenging bits being a couple of skill/situational luck scenarios and the Full Set trophy requiring you to win a game with all 32 wins. 

Overall, I was very impressed by the product and the experience, even though it clearly is not something I will invest a great deal of time into moving forward.