Most Recent Platinum

Muff

8 hours ago, madbuk said:

#284 - Spyro the Dragon

1L891f42.png

This was an amazing remaster. Pretty much every level I had to stop for a moment and take it all it, it's breathtakingly beautiful. The new soundtrack is good too although to be honest it's not much different to the original. I tried switching between music in Cliff Town out of interest (this lets you switch to the original soundtrack unlike Crash) and barely noticed the difference. There are some new collectibles in a few stages for skill points and trophies (not every level though) and they were a lot of fun to try and find, something new for someone like me who has already gotten 120% countless times on this game.

The trophy list for this was fantastic. No missables, and all of them are interesting and fun to collect. It's not just a bare-bones "100% the game" trophy list - there's actually only one or two trophies related to doing that. There's a lot of unique requirements like doing a loop around an arch or shooting a mooning Gnorc with a cannon. I wish there was a trophy for getting every skill point, but oh well. I got them all anyway and enjoyed doing so. The trophy list for 2 looks a bit more generic which is a bit sad, haven't really looked too closely at 3's list yet.

Honestly there's only one thing that annoyed me in this and I hope they patch it out - L3 is used to bring up your gem/dragon/life count, but it also makes Sparx point towards any gems you're missing. So you have to pause the game to look at your totals unless you want to completely ruin the joy of actually exploring the level for the gems you missed. It's a minor detail but a patch for it would just make the game even better. There was also one bug where a red gem was completely absent in a level until I died, and then it spawned. Probably ran around the level 5 or 6 times looking for it lol, I hope 2 and 3 don't suffer from a glitch like that. I also think this game is begging for a photo mode considering how stunning the environments are. I could see many people losing a few hours moving around the levels with a free camera and just having fun taking photos.

I'm not done with this game yet. I plan on doing it again at least twice to fill up the other save slots, after I finish 2 and 3, and I don't doubt that it will be just as amazing a second and third time through. I wish it wasn't so short, but that isn't Toys For Bob's fault. That's just staying true to the original. I hope, if they make a new game, it'll be longer. I also hope they add some DLC realms to this like VV did with Crash.

Reviews for this aren't out yet, so some people may still be waiting on their pre-order, but rest assured this is incredibly faithful and you have nothing to worry about. I hope that 2 and 3 are just as fantastic as this was.

How'd you even get it so early??