Most Recent Platinum

Muff

33 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Lol :lol:. Sounds like me and you had the exact same experience. If you're interested, go to page 1319 to read my thoughts. 

heehee, yeah pretty much :D

My death run was great and it was weirdly satisfying to let all of my people die. For me the best was not letting the one guy into the cabin and being like "damn bitch...that is cold" as the monsters ate him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

Back to having a full set of Artifex Mundi platinums once again :)

@Dreamcatcher4891 they released a new Artifex Mundi game, Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne, on the 14th!

If you haven't played that, there's more fun to be had!

I recently earned the platinum for it (see my post a few above yours!)

Edited by Desmuria

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

heehee, yeah pretty much :D

My death run was great and it was weirdly satisfying to let all of my people die. For me the best was not letting the one guy into the cabin and being like "damn bitch...that is cold" as the monsters ate him.

i hate that bitch, it was

Spoiler

ashley

right? idk why people like her so much. she's horrible.

• Like 1

L71fb06.png

Platinum #152

G-Force

1L01e9c2.png

100% Complete!
You have unlocked every other trophy

What an ugly plat icon, lol. The idea of it is cute, but the execution is a 0/10. (that's why I put the banner image too...) Anyhoo...

This was actually pretty good. I'd compare it to Ratchet and Clank. It's a little rough, not as rough as the first R&C game since it does have strafing, and refilling all your ammo at once at the vendor. But, it's got a few issues like the aiming is a bit off at times which made the trophy for getting accuracy of 80% or higher more stressful than needed. Despite standing still and carefully positioning your shot it completely whiffs the enemy anyway going way off course. Granted this is more an issue at really long distances.

One thing that this doesn't have that the first R&C did is a new game plus. Which would have made the game 10000x more fun the second playthrough. Which leads me to say say it's more fun to play than it is to platinum, because both the speedrun [at least doing so on the hardest difficulty] and the 80% accuracy trophy don't really lend well to the gameplay. During the 80% run I was following a collectable guide too which is always a pain in the ass and makes things tedious. Since you have to get things in one go. Which made the game super slow the first playthrough even more because I was not only pausing to follow a text [and later video] guide but also to aim. Which wasn't very fun, it also forced me to use specific weapons because I wasn't comfortable with the others and if they would benefit [or harm] my accuracy overall.

Second playthrough I'm freed of those shackles, and placed once again with speed. Granted, there's plenty of time to get through the game in 8 hours normally. I watched a guide just to be super sure, and still had 3 hours to spare while being way slower. I went out of my way to grab some of the power ups I remembered so I wouldn't have as hard of a time. Since the walkthrough I was watching [I'd say speedrun but he died so many times that it's hard to qualify it as one], but anyway... the walkthrough was on easy and I was on the 'very hard' that unlocks after beating the game once. And with just 3 lives I still had a few problems due to how hard it was, especially since I wasn't getting as much money or all the upgrades I had my first playthrough.

Had I been able to carry over that 100% save into this playthrough like R&C allows, it would have been insanely fun. And it would've let you bypass a few parts by getting you access to weapons that you'd have to otherwise wait for [flamethrowing to bypass the ice that blocks your path until you get it yourself]. I'm pretty sure every ice block is actually physically blocking an area you later go into, so it's not like it would break the game. Mayyyybe the first barrier you ever see doesn't? I'm not sure, but they could've just shifted things around to make it work.

Such a shame, I honestly would've called it a great game if it had a NG+. The level design was pretty good, the highest difficulty disables the onscreen markers for where to go which is something a lot of games should do but don't for some reason [part of why I watched a guide just to be sure I wouldn't waste so much time - still did though lol].

Developers really should factor in how fun it is to do something for the trophies and design their game in a way that makes it fun to do and doesn't make you feel like you're being punished. You barely even get to use the flamethrower since you get it near the end of the game. It's pretty shit anyway, but still.

I have no idea if this is the story of the movie or takes place after the movie, it kind of sounded like it took place after? But maybe it's pieces of the movie, I don't know. I have no desire to watch the movie. The game is still kind of dumb just because of it's concept, running around on all fours avoiding a bunch of bullets and flying electric shavers attacking you is just funny to see. Story was predictable, saw where it was going the first chance you get... I'd say something more specific, but that in and of itself would make it pretty obvious.

I liked the gameplay of the fly character too, though it was a bit wonky at times. Particularly on where you could go through, the very top and bottom openings of vents that open/close can't let you fly in for some reason even though there's visually room. And trying to grab something is finnicky. But it was cool how it was used for puzzles, and how much you can figure out what to do with that fly that probably wasn't intended.

Even though I didn't have all my ammo upgrades, character upgrades and all that during the second playthrough being free of needing to land ranged attacks really showed me how fun the game could be. I do wish they let you skip ingame cutscenes though, it's really annoying when games don't let you do that. Do we really need to see panning shots of a level we've been through already? Come on game. At least you can skip full on cutscenes, but there were probably like 4 of them total.

Despite trophy problems, I'd still say it's worth a try. I played on PS Now and since it didn't cost me anything additional it was well worth the time.

• Like 4