Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1L0e571e.png

#113-Borderlands

If you like sandbox games and not having fun then pick this game up :shakefist:

I'm sorry this game was just not for me and I do not see what the hype is all about. It took me 3 tries to beat this game over 3 years because everytime I started it up I would play for a couple of hours and remember how much I hated it. Finally my buddy played with me and the two of us together made it sort of playable because we could bitch together about how much this game sucks.

It is huge open (empty worlds) where you kill the same 2 or 3 guys over and over. The map system and fast travel system sucks as you can only fast travel to a part of the map and then you still have to run across the huge world to get to the objective. Of course there is no mini-map so you have to keep opening up the menu and scrolling over to the map to see where you are going (because the radar works for shit). "Why don't you just drive to your destination?" you ask. Well after I finish slapping some sense into you I explain that the vehicles handle like ass and it is honestly easier to just run than try to navigate the worst driving controls in a AAA game I have ever used. Also it constantly asks you to get 5 of something but the objective only shows 1 on your map. So you run all the way over to it and then the other one is across the map. So you run over to it and the third one is around where the first one was...in a game that promotes multiplayer you would think would have multiple targets so you can all work together to get it done faster but no it makes more sense for the 4 of you to run across an empty world to pick up 1 radio.

The loot is a big selling feature of the game but honestly I never needed to switch out my loadout. I found a really good Fire SMG and some kind of alien pistol and I used those two weapons for the majority of the game. So picking  up guns was just a way of making money (which by the time my second playthrough started I had more over the max amount of money).

The missions were all pretty much the same "collect 5 of this" "kill 20 of this" "find random NPC" "kill boss" and then you had to do it all again for the second playthrough so you could level up enough to get all the trophies. Well you could always play the DLC...once again I had to take a moment to slap some sense into you. I have the GOTY so I got all the DLC for free but if I had to pay for Moxie's Underdome I think I would have murdered everyone at Gearbox and 2K. 100 WAVES OF BADGUYS THAT ARE ALL THE SAME LEVEL AS YOU....WHAT THE FUCK. Oh and if you die you need to start again...and you have to do that 6 times. I used the cheap trick of playing with a low level account but then it is just a different kind of grind. Now it is taking several hours per level and there is no challenge. So either you can play the toughest challenge ever and lose or waste several hours but win. Either way it boils down to a mess of a DLC and people should be fired for thinking they could charge for that. One final point on Moxie's Underdome, I thought hearing the same "da da duh da...da da duh da" music over and over again for 3 hours with her shouting the same couple of lines every couple of seconds was banned by the Geneva convention.

I actually really liked the Dr. Ned DLC as it was faced paced with lots of enemies, good atmosphere and fun bosses but the Clap Trap DLC can go fuck itself. The DLC was actually not that bad but the grinding trophies is just stupid. Having to collect 63 random drops with no in game tracking is just stupid. How hard would it have been to make a mission to collect 15 bobbleheads. Then the game would at least track how much you needed and after you got them all you would get EXP as well as a trophy. The game is based around missions so why would they include collecting trophies that have nothing to do with missions...oh and of course as I mentioned THEY ARE RANDOM DROPS.

Anyways the game bugged out on me playing the General Knoxx mission because I didn't know if you had two missions at the same time it glitches out the game. So I can't complete it unless I find someone else to piggyback onto. So fuck 100% on this game for now, I will get it eventually.

I couldn't agree more with you.

• Like 2

Yeah it is kind of ironic that I helped you because your game glitched, only to have my game glitch me out :P.

Yes, it is and it's sad :( . That's the thing I don't understand, because it says on ps3t.org that joining someone who hasn't completed the mission will fix the glitch :blink: . I hope it was a small consolation that you got a pearlescent shield.

Yes, it is and it's sad :( . That's the thing I don't understand, because it says on ps3t.org that joining someone who hasn't completed the mission will fix the glitch :blink: . I hope it was a small consolation that you got a pearlescent shield.

Yup now my character is super badass :D. I am planning on running through on my first playthrough being very careful not to do anything that will glitch it out, hopefully that works.

• Like 1

Sly Thieves in Time...something like 3 months ago...getting tired of going after plats but whatever...next will be The Last of Us...only survivor+ to go.

1Lb44d08.png

#50 SoulCalibur 2

Released back in 2003 on PS2 it was a great fighting at the time & still is. Everything about the game is still here for the PS3 version just they added online & it's in HD. The online part of the game took some tries to get some matches going because of the servers for the game. Still worth getting even if you have played this on PS2.

Platinum Difficulty: 4/10

PS2 Score: 92 At The Time in 2003

Are you saying that the offline portion of the game its still there?....every place I've read about SC2 before release it was saying that it would be online only...then my excitement had gone from sky high to underground.

Edited by Welmosca
  • Like 4

Sly Thieves in Time...something like 3 months ago...getting tired of going after plats but whatever...next will be The Last of Us...only survivor+ to go.

Are you saying that the offline portion of the game its still there?....every place I've read about SC2 before release it was saying that it would be online only...then my excitement had gone from sky high to underground.

You can still play this game offline just like how it was on PS2 with no worries but if you do want to earn the platinum it does have online trophies.