Most Recent Platinum

Muff

36 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

1L85e089.png

Title: Cold Steel Conqueror 

Game: Trails of Cold Steel (Legend of Heroes)

Grade: Platinum 

Format: PlayStation Vita

Date Achieved: 15/04/2019

This game is one i have had in my backlog for a while now actually i bought the Lionheart Collectors edition for PlayStation Vita a few months ago and had been resilient to start it due to the fact there was so many missable trophies. This is of course crazy mentality to have but i had heard good things from this game and its from Falcom which i played Ys VIII and really enjoyed so figured why not?

I preordered both of these, and they're still sealed =_= It stacks with PS4 ver (minus 1 EU?), but PS4 has all the DLC etc... the steel book is nice, and since 3 is PS4 I've been thinking of rebuying them. idk it's so annoying lol.

I was gonna warn you about Xanadu (I also pre ordered...), but I see you already played it. You might as well try the other Ys games (Origins is import physical or LRG -- different stacks). I also heard 8 was different depending which version you played, but I have a feeling it's a Xanadu situation, and not that different. I don't have the PS4 ver yet anyway. Or played any of them. ffffffffffffffffff... sorry for rambling.

Edited by mako-heart

17 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

I preordered both of these, and they're still sealed =_= It stacks with PS4 ver (minus 1 EU?), but PS4 has all the DLC etc... the steel book is nice, and since 3 is PS4 I've been thinking of rebuying them. idk it's so annoying lol.

I was gonna warn you about Xanadu (I also pre ordered...), but I see you already played it. You might as well try the other Ys games (Origins is import physical or LRG -- different stacks). I also heard 8 was different depending which version you played, but I have a feeling it's a Xanadu situation, and not that different. I don't have the PS4 ver yet anyway. Or played any of them. ffffffffffffffffff... sorry for rambling.

No worries mate! Highly recommend booting up the first Trails and going through it at a reasonable pace use Hasegawa2010's guide too because its fantastic. I do not think they added anything different in the PS4 version besides just all the DLC and some updated graphics so guide for should work for that version too. 

Yeah Xanadu i have not finished on my Vita not sure i think it just got boring really i will maybe revisit it later but will see. Yeah i have the LRG physical collectors edition on PS Vita and a download of it too, but i will play these after i am done with Trails of Cold Steel II because i want to finish that before the third launches later this year! :D

Yeah Ys VIII was fantastic absolutely loved the game i played Celceta was not really a fan lol. Yeah certain sections of the game on Vita are reworked vs the PS4 version so technically easier to plat.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

No worries mate! Highly recommend booting up the first Trails and going through it at a reasonable pace use Hasegawa2010's guide too because its fantastic. I do not think they added anything different in the PS4 version besides just all the DLC and some updated graphics so guide for should work for that version too. 

Yeah Xanadu i have not finished on my Vita not sure i think it just got boring really i will maybe revisit it later but will see. Yeah i have the LRG physical collectors edition on PS Vita and a download of it too, but i will play these after i am done with Trails of Cold Steel II because i want to finish that before the third launches later this year! :D

Yeah Ys VIII was fantastic absolutely loved the game i played Celceta was not really a fan lol. Yeah certain sections of the game on Vita are reworked vs the PS4 version so technically easier to plat.   

Interesting! I still want to get 8 PS4, but it seems kind of hard to find.

I read it's better to play the other games first, so I want to get in the Sky on Steam. I'll never get to Cold Steel at this rate lol.

Xanadu has a bunch of typos in later chapters, and there's a quest with a child that is somewhat notorious for it's bad translation.

I did enjoy the game, but they even got characters names wrong from one scene to the next and left JP text in. It's a fucking mess. I heard PS4 ver isn't much better, but I got a dented LE for less or equal to normal game version cost so meh.

In all honesty, Xanadu seems to be kind of rare too. Not sure if it's just a Canadian thing or not though...

• Like 1