Muff

Most Recent Platinum

37,508 posts in this topic

platinum #358 Iron Snout (ps4)

completed in 57 minutes and 49 seconds

platinum rarity 91.28% common

platinum name: Platinum Pig

did the 5 easy game round, now i get to enjoy burnout paradise again it's going to be a long run of it. saving the bikes portion for last.

Edited by lordguwa

:platinum: #67

Watch_Dogs 2

1Ld84aa2.png

Watch_Dogs 2 delivers the techno-thriller story as awesome as its predecessor, and, unlike its predecessor, the story does not take itself too seriously. In another city full of upgraded technology from giant corporate named Blume, you assume the role of Marcus accompanied with four other hackers from DedSec. The gameplay itself is more or less the same as its prequel led by Aiden Pearce, but now you have two new tools -- RC Jumper and Quadcopter -- at your disposal, which make the overall experience differs. You can even finish (a number of) missions with those tools only. Nonetheless, my favorite skill upgrade since its prequel is Blackout, which turns off electricity for 30 seconds and makes getting through a level a breeze. ;)

Edited by zizimonster

Lcf7b0a.png

1L8d2f22.png

40-platinum.png Legend of The X.R.C.

Obtain all trophies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L150940.png

1L7a299d.png

40-platinum.png My Truest Self 

You obtained all trophies

Lf1943a.png1L6ce460.png

The Minstrel (reach the end of the tale)

first trophy earned: March 19th, 2019

last trophy earned: April 18th, 2019

---

Ghost of a Tale is another indie game made by only a handful of people. But what a great fantasy RPG they've made! I truly enjoyed every minute of it, mostly because of the fantastic writing. The story is simply amazing, it has Tolkien written all over it. You know, an unlikely hero stumbles into an epic tale what only seemed as a straightforward "task" at the beginning. But the further the story progresses the more you get the sense that this much more then a simple love story. Oh and those dialogues! Just brilliant, full of wit and charm but also filled with so much lore. It actually feels like having a true dialogue with a person and not just someone explaining the obvious to you, like so many other games.

But let me start at the beginning. The game has you playing a mouse, and a minstrel to boot. You and your wife were summoned to a local baron to perform at one of his balls. He then requests a rather insulting song to be played, which your wife refuses to sing. Long story short he threw both of you into a different prison for that. When Tilo, that's you, wakes up in his cell he only wants to find his wife and escape with her. Strangely enough there is already a message and your cell key waiting for you. From who, you don't know and you also can't imagine why someone would want to help you. This is the premises of a great story, trust me! One that takes great care to unravel every mystery and plot device, and not leaving you more confused at the end of the game!

The reason why is rather simple. The game is filled with lore, which you can either learn from the many dialogues or from books or songs. Even an item description has sometimes useful information for you. But the game never points your nose straight at it, which makes it even more rewarding when you draw the right conclusions. And there are so many aha moments in the game to be discovered. Not just plot twists but also small details, each of these moments enlightens you more and more until the complete story is revealed. And like I said it is, for me at least, something that could have been written by Tolkien himself. One of the reasons why the writing is so great is simply because the game doesn't disrespect your intelligence. Which a lot of games and even movies/shows tend do. This game really is like reading a book. Quite literally actually, because there is no voice acting whatsoever. But it's worth reading every single line.

I said the dialogues are amazing and I feel like I should explain this a bit further. Most games only give you a few options to chose from when you have a conversation and it never really gives you the opportunity to question something further. Instead these conversations usually happen only to progress the story as quickly as possible. This game on the other hand gives you a lot more options when you talk to someone and it lets you explore a topic much more thoroughly. Sometimes it goes on for hours, interrupted by other things of course. And most of the characters you meet has an important role in the plot. It is a great joy to uncover these roles and the background of these characters.

A few words about the gameplay. That's what you really want to know, right? First of all this is a game with almost no fighting, the few fights you can't avoid are easy enough. And since your character is a minstrel and a mouse you wouldn't stand a chance against any armed enemy. So you have to rely on stealth and deception. The first third of the story is about acquiring a specific costume, which lets you move around freely in any of the few locations. If you don't wear this costume any guard that has spotted you will attack you. You can hide in a lot of place if that happens but first you have to break the line of sight, you can also sprint to escape. There are many hiding places which are usually buckets or barrels but you can just hide in the shadows.

Putting this game into a specific genre is a bit difficult, but I think it is foremost a full blown RPG, albeit a rather short and linear one. Your character earns experience and you can unlock several skills. You also gain more health and stamina with each level, which is needed to sprint longer. There are six sets of armor or costumes you can collect. They are a great tool to deceive someone and therefore gain valuable information or even access a new location. Or you can trick someone to give you something of importance. It's really a great way to use a game asset, other then just giving you some stats, which these costumes do too. The most interesting and somewhat unique asset however are the songs of the game. You are after all a bard, with a lute and everything! Sometimes you have to play a song for someone and depending on your choice the result might differ somehow. And you have to write your own song! Which itself is a great way to complete a quest or two. The songs are also beautifully performed if you choose to listen to them, even the lyrics are meaningful. Other aspects of the game are stealth and solving puzzles or doing various tasks. Stealth means either hiding or sneaking around, but you can also steal keys from guards to open one of the many locked chests or doors.

Combat is basically not an option, mostly because Tilo doesn't know what end of a sword to hold and he is also to weak. However you can knock out guards for a while by hitting them with a bottle. There are other enemies too, well actually there are 5 spiders you have to kill. But it's very easy because you can either kill them by throwing something at them or just by luring them into a trap. The heart of the game however lies in your abilities to hide and/or use the game assets to your advantage.

There are only 20 trophies throughout the game and most of them are easily obtained by simple playing the game. There are lots of collectables but they are usually not that hard to find, and you can actually get help by asking the right person or paying them. The more or less challenging trophies are the ones were you have to finish the game with a specific objective. These are not getting spotted by any guard, not getting hit by an enemy or not eating anything to regain health. But this is easy enough. It definitely helps to restart the game a few times early on to get the hang of the sneaking and hiding mechanism. And you can heal by sleeping later on in the game. Once you find that costume I've mentioned earlier you don't have to worry about the guards anymore. Not getting hit by an enemy can be tricky but the few enemies in this game move kind of slow! You only have to be very careful at some point during the game not to get hit, but you can simply reload a save game to reset this objective.

So another wall of text from me, right? But this game deserves it! Even more so it deserves to be played! Like I said you will be rewarded with a fantastic story and some very interesting gameplay elements. There are only a few technical hiccups in form of low framerates and camera woes, but it's nothing game breaking. The only thing that I found a bit unfulfilling is the ending, it feels like the game is just the beginning of a greater story. I hope that this is case though, because I would love to explore this unique world even further! And after all "The Lord of the Rings" required three books to be told.

Edited by Durandal

8oCrnoQ.png

#60 - Steins;Gate 0

I'm ashamed to admit that it took a big sale to get me to buy this despite the original S;G being one of my favourite VNs, and even then I wasn't that excited to read it. Luckily it turned out to be really good and has reignited my love for the franchise.
I'm sure it would be fairly easy to find plot holes (like in just about any material about time travel and shit) but the whole thing was so enjoyable with both heartwarming and heartbreaking moments that you just don't even want to try. I gotta say though that the true ending and some other parts of the story were really confusing and not well explained imo.
The new characters were mostly cool, Maho is amazing and even Kagari who at first I couldn't give the slightest fuck about became interesting during the story. Yuki I didn't really like or care for and Mayuri's other "new" friends were unimportant.
I love that Okarin's lines are voice acted, I wish more VNs did this. It's so much more immersive than the "you are the protagonist" bullshit. I also wish more of the characters had a decent prepainted figurine aside from Kurisu cause I kinda want to buy one now.
Faris is still best girl.

El Psy Kongroo.

On 4/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, DarkSoleride said:

Congratulations man this one is a glitchy one to achieve with the MP portion being very unpredictable with registering stats! Well done man! a good plat to have :D

Thanks! This game was a game i wanted to plat ever since i played it on my old account. Thought it'd be a nice plat to achieve. The MP wasn't that bad to be honest. Only the 20 airstrikes glitched on me but i ended up getting it without too much problem. I'd write a new guide for it if i had the time because they say you need at least 2+ playthroughs but i managed to get everything done in just one.  

#26 - Secret of Mana 

1Leccc5d.png

Difficulty = 2.5/10

Enjoyment = 3/10

Let's go straight to the point: this game is bound to become one of my hugest gaming disappointments ever. Of course I read the press, I knew it was definitey not the great remaster all fans expected, but honesty it's even worse than expected.

I am among these people that discovered Secret of Mana on the Super NES, I was a teenager back then and spent countless hours on it, playing and replaying it. I suppose it already had its flaws but the overall experience made them unsignificant. Maybe I'm just older now, but the feeling I got while playing this game was quite the opposite: the flaws ruined the overall experience... And these flaws are countless: the terrible pathfinding from the NPCs, the bugs and crashes even on the patched version (nota - I played the Vita version), and more generally the complete lack of ambition from Square Enix.

When you decide to touch a legend, you either do it right or do nothing. And this happens to be the laziest remaster I've ever seen. A simple port of the original version would have been much more satisfactory, all the additions done here being pointless - the ridiculous discussions between the characters at the inns, the cinematics that seem to come straight from a PS2, the new musics that do not match the original, 16-bit ones... The list goes on and on.

Add to this the poorest trophy list ever and the deal is done. Apart from the - again - laziness of it (they didn't even bother to give names to the trophies, damn it!), you'll be gone for an endless grinding in the latest zones of the game, praying the RNG gods to put an end to it.

So, is everything dull ? Sure no, it remains a very decent RPG. But the feeling of complete waste is just too strong. Well done Square Enix, you just spat in the face of your own customers...

Edited by Neef-GT5

Lf43c26.png

1La1d567.png

D4n74j_UcAAVK9o.jpg:large

This game pissed me off something fierce and taught me a lesson to always back up my saves.  A couple of weeks ago I was about 15 minutes from getting the platinum when the game crashed, when I went to reload it my saves were all corrupted with no way to recover it so I had to go through the entire game again.  After a short break I decided to and it was much quicker this time because I knew all the damn puzzles.  I did have a good time with the game though, issues aside.