Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Trine 2 (PS3).

Just discovered the Trine series and I absolutely love it. After I plat Trine 3, I’m going to put my big boy pants on and take a crack at Trine 2: The Complete Story. It looks very challenging, but it would be a really nice ultra rare to have in the collection.

• Like 3

Lfff13e.png

Platinum: 265

Enjoyability: 2.5/10

Playtime: 2 hours, 46 minutes

Just your average, if slightly puzzley, walking simulator. All the cliches and worst elements of the genre are here, with enough jaggies to choke a donkey, terrible lighting, and a general lack of polish. Now delisted, and nothing of value was lost. Just more faceless grist for the mill. Next!

• Like 4

Platinum #267: WWE 2K18

L42fe0f.png

Enjoyability: 6.7/10

Playtime: Who knows, probably some 100+ hours over the course of a year and a week

Welp, this is one of the big ones, folks ? The grind and the online stuff was giving me flop sweats to the point I all but forced myself to mark it down as a loss about a year ago. However, the impending server shutdown spurred me into action out of nowhere. Turns out, I am actually pretty good at the online graps! I'd say I won four out of every six matches, and it probably would've been even more if I hadn't stopped caring about wins and losses after I got the trophy for a 100 wins. After that I played for the love of it, racking up five star matches regardless of the end result. Amazing considering it was nearly impossible to get a match without some kind of connection issue.

Anyways, despite a boring, grindy career mode, this kind of got me back into modern wrestling games again, which I had mostly quit after SvR2010. Once you get into it, the new system is pretty satisfying once you learn how to maximize it. I'm already concurrently working on 2K19 (the AJ Tower will be my next big gaming stumbling block) and chances are I'll get 2K20 day one as well! 2K is slowly but surely getting better at making wrestling games. One day they might have something worthy of getting in the top ten. Here's hoping.

...And you know, I didn't just decide to plat it on any random day; as we speak, I'm on my way to see my first (and possibly last, depending on if they ever head to my neck of the woods again!) ever WWE live event! It'll no doubt be an experience regardless of what the card's like! Wish me luck, guys!

• Like 4