40,831 posts in this topic

1L58bbbd.png

BEYOND: TWO SOULS™ MASTER 
Collected all trophies!

:platinum:#80

Squarevii87.png

On 2-6-2019 at 10:25 PM, sephiroth4424 said:

Those balloons had it coming

Definitely, just like the training dummy :devil: .

:platinum: #135 Vampyr (PS4)

1Ld6f916.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Time: 30 hours

I really liked the game despite the mediocre ratings. Only thing that kinda bothered me was that you're constantly underleveled even if you do every sidemission available. But all in all the atmosphere, the story and the characters were really worth the, from time to time, clunky combat system.

#318 - Need for Speed: Rivals

1L414dae.png

Quite a bland, disappointing game unfortunately. I loved Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and found Most Wanted kind of average, so going into this I was a bit mixed on the franchise as a whole. I was hoping this'd recapture the magic Hot Pursuit had but nope. It's a bland, open world racer with literal checklist design. You get a checklist of objectives (gold x events, bust x racers, drift x yards, etc.), complete it, and get given another. Over and over and over. And none of it is particularly engaging.

When you're not doing random things like driving past a speed camera 5 times at x mph, the actual events themselves... are okay. But something about the controls in this felt a bit off, especially the drifting, so the actual events themselves weren't even as fun as Hot Pursuit. I appreciate that, as long as you're at a safehouse/compound, you can fast travel to any event unlike in NFS MW where you had to manually drive to each one. I still prefer Hot Pursuit's method that felt like it was ripped straight out of Burnout, where you pick an event from a list and that's it - no faffing around in a large open world, straight to the events back to back, but at least Rivals was better on that front than MW was.

Maybe it's just an issue with the last-gen port, but this game was also pretty buggy. I had quite a number of crashes, each of which reset my progress on my current checklist slightly, sometimes wiping it entirely, and it would also often slowdown mid-game. Pretty annoying but thankfully none of the checklists take overly long so it didn't ever take too long to get back to where I was. The graphics also seemed a bit subpar even for last-gen but that's not a big deal. One of my biggest issues with this game though is the lack of a pause button. Why? It's not always online, even when playing offline you don't have the ability to pause the game at all, which is especially troublesome on the racer side as cops can bust you when you're afk. As a cop, worst that can happen is a racer take you out but that's far less likely than a cop busting a racer. Very annoying and part of the reason I put this game off for years, left a very bad first impression on me.

Overall, this did end up being better than my first impressions a couple of years ago, but it's certainly not great and I'm glad to finally be done with it. 

On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, dennish8stennis said:

helpful game for getting used to the PSVR headset.

Astrobot does an insane job of making use of the psvr. 

40-platinum.png  Platinum 161  40-platinum.png

1L91ca52.png

Platinum
Unlock every Trophy.

78.64% Common

L843f59.png

Back after a week off. 😃